What do you do?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They are now refusing to let me get my mini fridge out of my old office as I didn't have time Friday to get it and they said I could come back for it. (My boss was in a hurry)

I paid $40 for it off craigslist so they can keep it, whatever. I'm starting to wonder if there are secret launch codes sewed into the side of the bag or something.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm starting to wonder if there are secret launch codes sewed into the side of the bag or something.
I actually was wondering if you worked in the Defense sector or worked with clearances when you first mentioned the backpack. Like, I was thinking burn-bags or something similar (outside of my experience) but was wondering if maybe you had to keep everything sensitive confined to a specific bag/backpack (in case they needed to take everything back quickly?)

Really at this point it sounds like some seriously immature, petty bullshit, which probably says something about that management at the very least, if not the company as a whole.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I actually was wondering if you worked in the Defense sector or worked with clearances when you first mentioned the backpack. Like, I was thinking burn-bags or something similar (outside of my experience) but was wondering if maybe you had to keep everything sensitive confined to a specific bag/backpack (in case they needed to take everything back quickly?)

Really at this point it sounds like some seriously immature, petty bullshit, which probably says something about that management at the very least, if not the company as a whole.
I worked in distributed print and signs and graphics for companies who has a net spend of at least 50k a year with us. Nothing top secret.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sounds petty, that said if I left anything here after collecting my things I would assume it to be abandoned - but we have pretty tight security.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's common in my industry to 6 months as a contract and then to hire. The first 6 months is basically to see if you work out, nothing to do with the contract they are working on. Guys that work out normally get a decent increase in pay once the period is up. I can see why they do it, lots of people look good on paper then really have no clue on the job.

The ones that get hired for short term projects and not a trial normally get paid more at the start and will get added bonuses like a large per diem that's tax free the first year so 6 months you get a tax free per diem of a couple hundred a day and such.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sounds petty, that said if I left anything here after collecting my things I would assume it to be abandoned - but we have pretty tight security.
We do too as we do a lot of work for defense contractors and what not as well plus a lot of stuff for companies that is hush hush until release dates.

But like I said, I paid $40 for it, not a major loss. I'll miss my marvel superheros ice cube tray though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got an email earlier today from the staffing agency saying he should know soon regarding the job. Soon after I get a text from one of my references that they had called, and since it's been quiet. My guess is that they are waiting to hear back from my 2nd reference, who is a college professor, and not the easiest to get a hold of.

This job would relocate me from the Portland area to the Seattle area, but I'm switching careers into Cisco networking, and the professional experience will be invaluable.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can see the value of the 6 month thing but it's a tough sell when you know work is lean. I interviewed there 8 months ago because they wanted to be ready to hire when the work came. It taking that long to come is not a good sign to me. Not to mention I'm tired of bullshit PTO policies. Give employees 2 weeks a year then crucify them for shit billing ratios when there's nothing to do and they're staring out the window or running budgets into the ground because there's nothing to do next.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got an email earlier today from the staffing agency saying he should know soon regarding the job. Soon after I get a text from one of my references that they had called, and since it's been quiet. My guess is that they are waiting to hear back from my 2nd reference, who is a college professor, and not the easiest to get a hold of.

This job would relocate me from the Portland area to the Seattle area, but I'm switching careers into Cisco networking, and the professional experience will be invaluable.
I wouldn't worry - they contacted my reference and didn't get back to me for like a week.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Put in my official notice at my work today, boss was upset over me leaving but when I stated way I was going to be making, she knew she couldn't counter it.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting much time off at all between jobs which is a bummer.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Someone probably already has that mini-fridge in their office, with all their shit in it.

They're using your ice tray, bro.Your ice tray.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We all know ice tray is code word for stapler. Don't let them get away with it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just got a voice mail from my boss that said "I'm not even going to leave a message."

Who does that? He must have called from an unknown number because nothing even came up in my call log.

If it happens again I'll get ahold of HR.

In the mean time I have an interview in 30min so hopefully that goes well.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Just got a voice mail from my boss that said "I'm not even going to leave a message."

Who does that? He must have called from an unknown number because nothing even came up in my call log.

If it happens again I'll get ahold of HR.
I'd let them know now. Why not?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Your boss had a kilo of heroin stashed in that bag. I can't see any other reason a business would freak out about 160 bucks.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gov offer came in at 64.8. Pleasantly surprised and just accepted like a pussboy. Since its like 400 less than my 40 year old superior is making i didn't want to push my luck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Congrats

Tarrant I bet they're telling the dude if he doesn't get that bag back he's next.

Or like fifey said he switched bags with you because the narcs were trying to sniff him out and now he wants his drugs back