What do you do?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Vinen said in another post about how he lives in Arlington, MA. Talks about Lincoln Labs like it's in the sticks. It's in Lexington, right?

Google Maps says Lincoln Labs is like 7 miles from the center of Arlington, MA. Arlington and Lexington literally border each other.

??
It's definitely not the sticks. But a lot of lifelong city folk think anything that requires a car to get around in is the sticks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All those towns are still city-like, definitely not the sticks. Source: Banged a chick in Arlington.

I live in the sticks in Somerset.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Haha... are you kidding me man? They call EVERYONE autistic. It's their go to insult.
I don't really think you or anyone else on here is actually autistic except maybe hodj... that boy ain't right.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yes Gavin is autistic. Never forget to throw it in his face.

Waiting to hear back from the group the position will be woth. Talked to wofe, she'd be okay with moving further out and not having to work.

Vinen

God is dead
Vinen said in another post about how he lives in Arlington, MA. Talks about Lincoln Labs like it's in the sticks. It's in Lexington, right?

Google Maps says Lincoln Labs is like 7 miles from the center of Arlington, MA. Arlington and Lexington literally border each other.

??
That 7 miles is a good 30-40 minute commute in the morning (and evening). Fuck'in Boston area Traffic.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Got to depose a billionaire, got called flippant. Had a good day. Love my job
biggrin.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I call people flippant all the time. Guess I'm an underachiever.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They only get ~29% of my billed rate. Which is really, really low for what they usually take.

But they love that shit. They take 30% as a standard for placing a full time hire, so taking almost the same amount for an indefinite contract that has already passed 1 year is gravy for them. They usually get a 1:1 take on those contract gigs.

EDIT: And I absolutely hate getting calls from my TEK recruiter bi-weekly to go to lunch. I wish they'd just leave me alone. It's getting tiresome.
Yeah, and then they justify the customer service they provide, and the "little extras" like the lunches as to why they are better than the staffing agency down the street that's paying 20% more. The lies that get thrown around from TEK to the subs in my position is crazy. They literally will say anything to appease someone and string them along a little longer. I suppose it doesn't help that NTT Data just bought Dell's IT services that I'm a part of, and Boeing at any time can be like see ya later to Dell and bring someone else in to do the work.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
As I no longer have my beloved with whom to share my work frustrations, I am putting this here:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

thank you.