What do you do?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably being too hard on myself. I'm much better at selling projects than personal accomplishments, so I always second guess what I say after the fact.

I sent each interviewer a personal thank you, along with a private note to my old boss for the chance. Should start hearing something by mid-late next week.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
could of been worse. I was bombing a tech screen the recruiter set me up on that turned out to be a 5 member panel grilling on subjects I wasn't applying for. I just laughed at them and told them I didn't know.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It was five fairly broad questions. I was able to answer all of them, but one or two caught me off guard. I think I did alright, I just feel like it could have been better. I'm a ton better at live interviews.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For my latest job offer I was beig interviewed for solutions engineering. Something I knew nothing about and they knew this too. They still asked questions about it to grill me because they wanted to see how I thought on my toes. Additionally, they expressed a lot of interest in skills that I inadvertently mentioned throughout their questioning. Thought I bombed it for sure but they liked me enough to give me a chance. Good luck dude.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tomorrow is my last day at my job and the regional is coming in to talk to me about my reasons for leaving and wants to hear from me about all the issues that have been going on in my department for himself. Should be an interesting meeting.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Where do you work? Large Seed Company

What do you do? Manage seed treatment application

What field/industry? Agriculture

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
lol you must have been real honest
Other area managers wanted me to write up my experiences with my direct supervisor from the last 5 months so I did and submitted it wednesday.

Today, after a 3 hour conference with her, my district and regional manager along with my union vice president she was terminated. I felt a bit bad at first but she was awful and in reality I'm happy for everyone else I worked with that they wont have to deal with her any longer.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Other area managers wanted me to write up my experiences with my direct supervisor from the last 5 months so I did and submitted it wednesday.

Today, after a 3 hour conference with her, my district and regional manager along with my union vice president she was terminated. I felt a bit bad at first but she was awful and in reality I'm happy for everyone else I worked with that they wont have to deal with her any longer.
Why didn't you tell anyone about her before?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I had, over those five months I had taken my DM aside (who hired my boss) on three separate occasions and let him know what was happening as well as requesting a transfer to a different area.

The last time I sent a formal email to both my DM and his boss explaining the situation and how I felt my future with the company was at risk. (I'm not trying to brag but I'm very good at my job, out of 650 others who do it, only 6 post better numbers than I do...I had some pull in my department.) My regional met with me and expressed concern for wanting to make me happy and he would look into it. After submitting my letter of resignation my regional tried to counter offer to get me to stay (but still with no transfer) and I turned it down.

This week I was contacted by 6 other managers and they asked me to send the email I did to HR, our regional VP and the VP of our union.

My DM is also in the frying pan right now I guess from what I hear.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Damn, Tarrant. On the one hand, well done for making a difference. It will probably improve the lot of your former co-workers. On the other hand... that's a hell of a bridge burning.

I had a brief chat today with my old supervisor, and apparently I did just fine in the phone interview and need to keep an eye out for a follow-up. There are a lot of very strong applicants, but I am still in the running.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was in a similar situation once and told them that they didn't want to listen to me before and now it was their problem and they could figure it out.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Damn, Tarrant. On the one hand, well done for making a difference. It will probably improve the lot of your former co-workers. On the other hand... that's a hell of a bridge burning.

I had a brief chat today with my old supervisor, and apparently I did just fine in the phone interview and need to keep an eye out for a follow-up. There are a lot of very strong applicants, but I am still in the running.
I was worried about the bridge burning as well but as it turned out my regional vp told me today over the phone if things don't work out for me at my new job that he wants me back and he'll find a way to make room for me.

I'm not big on making waves, I hate it in fact. I am very glad though that my former co-workers work lives will hopefully be dramatically improved. I've received several texts this evening from people thanking me...which feels nice.

Today kinda sucked, before my new boss I absolutely loved my job. Whenever I've left a job in the past I was fine with it because I hated it and I was done. With this job...I had grown to hate going in every day but deep down I knew it was because of her I hated it...the job itself was still the same and I enjoyed it. I told my regional VP as much when he asked me if I was excited to start a new path. I told him "Yes, though it's weird because I never really wanted to move on from this one...I just felt I no longer had a choice."

That's when he told me I would be welcome back. In the huge email I sent I did my best to convey that I truly did love my job and I think I did a good job of it.

I am looking forward to the new one though at the same time. As much as this job was great, advancement was almost non existant and I was topped out on base pay. Time will tell if it was a good decision or not, if not then at least I'll probably have something to fall back on.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was in a similar situation once and told them that they didn't want to listen to me before and now it was their problem and they could figure it out.
This was basically what happened with me as well when they tried to counter offer to get me to stay. You said it much more clear than I did and in a much shorter/better way.
tongue.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ah....well I genuinely cared about the people I worked with, i felt I owed it to them to try and help them if I could.