What do you do?

Vinen

God is dead
Mine has been the same group each time so far, adding a fourth person for the second interview. I suspect the round 3 may change a tad if I'm called back again. There hasn't been an HR person in any of them so far.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather just interview with my damn boss and have a chance to speak frankly with him instead of doing this little tap dance, but it isn't up to me.
That sounds dumb... what kind of position are you interviewing for? High Level Management?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Not exactly, but it's a unique position within the state. I would be the only person with my title doing what I do.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I hate waiting.
frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Had a chance to chat with my old boss a tad. He couldn't say much, except that I was still in the running but there are some extraordinarily strong candidates. They're supposed to narrow it down further on Monday.

I dunno, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll actually get it. I was told that out of 190 or so people, I was one of about five who has actually made it to an in person interview. However, something about the way that was said made it sound like "you did great, and second place isn't bad".

Could be I'm just overthinking it. It's going to make the weekend suck if I keep wasting time on it though.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Had a chance to chat with my old boss a tad. He couldn't say much, except that I was still in the running but there are some extraordinarily strong candidates. They're supposed to narrow it down further on Monday.

I dunno, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll actually get it. I was told that out of 190 or so people, I was one of about five who has actually made it to an in person interview. However, something about the way that was said made it sound like "you did great, and second place isn't bad".

Could be I'm just overthinking it. It's going to make the weekend suck if I keep wasting time on it though.
Maybe they don't have all the details ready yet to offer you the job.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Fairly certain it's a matter of the committee making a consensus decision. It might simply come down to someone else being the better hire.

The silver lining is that I'm not unemployed. I actually love my job. I just would enjoy the challenge of this new position and the raise would go a very long way towards providing a stable income for my household (which is just myself, my gf and two dogs right now, but still).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
You have no idea. The little bastards eat my out of house and home. 70 lbs of food a month.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Made it to round 3. Got a follow up email asking me to update any references so they can contact them next week.

Bit of a relief to have that out of the way before Thanksgiving.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You have no idea. The little bastards eat my out of house and home. 70 lbs of food a month.
Damn, I have a corgi that's 30 pounds. They're weird because they eat a different amount of food than typical dogs in their body weight, but I think we bought a 35 pound bag of food in August and still going.

Congrats on moving forward

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I have a lab/great dane mix and a border collie/bernese mix. Bout 200 lbs worth of dog between em.
smile.png

Antagonist_sl

shitlord
I am a medical technologist in a hospital laboratory in Saginaw Michigan. I perform testing on blood, urine, and body fluid specimens obtained from patients admitted to the hospital and other satellite facilities. It is mindless and excruciatingly boring. Testing these days is so heavily automated that monkeys could do my job one handed while masturbating. I make 45k with full benefits which is pretty low for the field unfortunately. The hours I work aren't terrible, 6am-3pm full time and every third weekend.

given that there is a great deal of instrumentation a lot of my time is spent performing qc and preventative maintenance on machines. The rest of it is spent evaluating results for inconsistencies and dealing with ghetto/white trash phlebotomists who couldn't give two shits about the specimens they collect or accurate results.

Saginaw is a really terrible place, but it isn't flint so I guess I've got that going for me.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I figured 45k wouldn't be that bad for a place like Saginaw, but man it is literally in the middle of nowhere Michigan.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Start full-time in about 2 weeks. Getting a little anxious. Feel like my life is over, etc.
Being anxious and nervous about a new job is normal, but feeling like your life is over seems like an odd feeling to have before starting a new job. Have you never worked a full-time job before?