What do you do?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
And now I'm being told that it'll be brought up at the meeting NEXT Monday...

Whats my push back here? do I push back?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, you set a deadline and they busted it. Quietly do your thing. If they come through for you on Monday, great. If not, prep that exit.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Dude, you set a deadline and they busted it. Quietly do your thing. If they come through for you on Monday, great. If not, prep that exit.

There's a chance I may not have to wait til Monday to set up that exit even. Interviewed this morning for a position, they have the salary set about where I'd land here. They called once to make sure I was still interested and tell me they have big plans for me. Then again just now to make sure I was still going to be sending my references tonight. I'd be going in as the sole IT guy for a 2 location business thats mid-plans to expand to 4 new states. From there I'm told I'd end up overseeing IT personnel in each of those states while handling the central stuff here.

Plus, they encourage all employees to pick up skills of other positions, so I'd get a chance to learn how to rebuild a diesel engine, which is something I've wanted to learn for awhile.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That sounds kind of awesome. "Hey run our entire IT shop, btw if you want we will teach you diesel mechanics."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fuck! This guy is just an IT guy and we're broken down! He can't help!

Guys I am also a diesel mechanic

Oh fuuuck

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Got a spot bonus today. First I've ever gotten in my 8 yesrs of my professional career. Quite happy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i used to get volume, gross bonuses...sometimes hattrick bonuses. Mostly performance. $500 per each. 15 cars sold and delivered netted me $1500.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So 2 weeks until I'm dropped from my current staffing agency due to a switch that I posted about before. Have not been contacted yet, while many others have, so at this point it's pretty much a for sure that I will not be "retained". Been hitting the normal job sites and updating all my information. Have some networking experience now, rather than just a CCNA. Scared as shit I don't know enough, and I forgot stuff I should know, but that'll play out in interviews I suppose.

Onwards and upwards!

Btw... did anyone see the new LinkedIn button to send your information to recruiters? Kinda figured I always was available to recruiters but just recently saw a button that talked about it. Kinda weird, but clicked that shit right away. Not sure if I got much out of LinkedIn Premium the last job search, so doubt I'll sign up for that again.