What do you do?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The real question is do you get to hire your secretary? They retitled all of ours. They are now assistants, either general or personal. Don't ask me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I could never be trusted to hire a secretary for myself.. it'd be all hot women desperate for money.

Had an old co-worker call from CA and say I could move out there and make double the income where he works doing similar work to what I do now. I could never move that far away from everyone, but it certainly has me thinking about doing a job search. Sucks because I love my job and all the benefits, but with a growing family to support it isn't going to cut it.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cut the bullshit cad, Do you get your own bathroom behind a door that doesn't look like a door or not ?

Vinen

God is dead
I could never be trusted to hire a secretary for myself.. it'd be all hot women desperate for money.

Had an old co-worker call from CA and say I could move out there and make double the income where he works doing similar work to what I do now. I could never move that far away from everyone, but it certainly has me thinking about doing a job search. Sucks because I love my job and all the benefits, but with a growing family to support it isn't going to cut it.
Don't worry. If VMware buys EMC life may be better!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The real question is do you get to hire your secretary? They retitled all of ours. They are now assistants, either general or personal. Don't ask me.
Haha I don't know I'm sure I could get rid of one if I didn't like her (they are all female, no idea why, males don't apply for the job) but it doesn't matter that much. You guys are thinking its like mad men where they are like personal assistants fetching you coffee and running errands and shit like that and they're not. They answer your phones, type letters, put together documents, do any work errands (fedex this, file this, get me X file, etc), take care of your expenses and time reports, shit like that. They do NOT take your hat and coat when you walk in and have your favorite breakfast on your desk. Haha.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Cut the bullshit cad, Do you get your own bathroom behind a door that doesn't look like a door or not ?
There actually are private bathrooms in some firms but I don't think so at this firm. That'd be for like senior partners anyway which I definitely am not.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well they may not have breakfast and coffee for you but at least you don't have to share her and worry about gettying herpes from Steve or Bob down the hall.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Well they may not have breakfast and coffee for you but at least you don't have to share her and worry about gettying herpes from Steve or Bob down the hall.
The sharing thing is actually really annoying because then they are fucking busy when you ask for something, always takes them longer to do it or they are out of the office doing X errand for Steve or Bob, rather than doing what you need. When you don't have to share it improves the service a lot.

Picasso3

My fianc?es secretary made the same as me for a little while, luckily i had the ego to handle it.

How much you think yours will make?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My fianc?es secretary made the same as me for a little while, luckily i had the ego to handle it.

How much you think yours will make?
I have no idea, I have no visibility to their hiring or salary. I could ask, but it seems insulting.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Those who said they would hire a secretary based on looks alone never had a useless secretary.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think there's probably 4 or 5 styles you can pick from, they aren't going to let you get antique furniture or something crazy.

Borzak

I think there's probably 4 or 5 styles you can pick from, they aren't going to let you get antique furniture or something crazy.
I don't make the money you will be making but here they just gave you a budget and told you to tell the secretary to make it happen.

I didn't decorate much. The only visitors I get are other types like myself who are pretty much no BS, if they come here something didn't go right. I bought an end table humidor lol.

Borzak

I'm an engineer, we don't get secretaries
I'm VP of engineering (I'm not an engineer) and I have a secretary and the department (we have 2-1/2 engineers) has one just for them.

Go on strike or something. Most engineers I work with/against have a secretary.

Picasso3

Plus, noodlemod is a comp sci so he can handle his own email and shit. I've actually recommended they hire a secretary for some of these ancient fuckers i work with who can't email or open a pdf.