What do you do?

You start to let the little things slide and next thing you know your conferencing with some big wigs and you've got that horrible four day scrub beard thing because you forgot to shave again. Nightmare.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, I was going strong until I realized basically no one was using their cameras during meetings. It's just a method of sharing slides.

I've also had a perpetual scrub beard for the last ten years, so no real change there.

Vinen

God is dead
Before I was at worry level 1 out if 10, now it's 3 out of 10. I'm not fully in panic mode yet.
I'd say the worry level in the VMware office I'm at is at about 4 out of 10. Then again we are the ones who's stock price was shat on and many of us have large amount of RSU (vested and unvested) with the company.

I had sold all my vested shares at mid-high 80s so I'm comfortable. Avoiding looking at my eTrade account indefinitely.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Twitter apparently just had a pretty significant round of layoffs. Makes sense now why I never heard from them.

CnCGOD_sl

shitlord
Yeah like 336 engineers, probably more to come too.
I hear they defunded their OSS group, that will take a chunk out of stream processing frameworks
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've decided that if I don't get a response by friday I'm not following up with this company any more. Nearly a month in the dark. Time to start interviewing elsewhere. It's unfortunate because I started out pretty excited about the work they're doing and now I'm basically over it.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I'm low on PTO (baby), so I'm taking it a little slow.
You take PTO to interview?

Interviews are sick kids, grandma's funeral, car died, wife had a flat I had to rescue her, etc.

WTF is wrong with you bro

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think it depends on the industry and how tight-knit it is. I always had to use PTO when I was in government contracting, because as soon as I walked through the doors of a competitor, people at my current place somehow found out that I was there and that I was interviewing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah thats like sending one girl on match.com a message and waiting for her response before messaging someone else

Vinen

God is dead
I just say I have a morning appointment and then come in and work late.

Making sure to have a change of cloths. Only time I wear collared shirts is for interviews and customer visits...