What do you guys listen to or watch while working out?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

SmoothShift

Buzzfeed Editor
I need some new Spotify playlists or some shows or podcasts or something.

I am so bored on the treadmill that I don't even bother anymore but I do need to supplement my weight lifting with cardio. It can be political, non political, entertainment, educational, I don't really care. Just give me something to watch, preferably things 15-30 minutes in length though.

And please have it be interesting. I don't like things that are overly verbose for no reason at all.

Thanks!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I need some new Spotify playlists or some shows or podcasts or something.

I am so bored on the treadmill that I don't even bother anymore but I do need to supplement my weight lifting with cardio. It can be political, non political, entertainment, educational, I don't really care. Just give me something to watch, preferably things 15-30 minutes in length though.

And please have it be interesting. I don't like things that are overly verbose for no reason at all.

Thanks!
we don't have a podcast specific forum, it's mixed in w/ the music forum b/c the previous owner was a retard that liked to piss on himself, but i gander everyone that listens to podcasts is doing laundry or 7miles

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SmoothShift

Buzzfeed Editor
we don't have a podcast specific forum, it's mixed in w/ the music forum b/c the previous owner was a retard that liked to piss on himself, but i gander everyone that listens to podcasts is doing laundry or 7miles
Thanks for the tip!

To expand on my OP, what I'm saying is I am bored of my old stuff, and any mainstream stuff I know about is all woke. So I'm asking what people are listening to or watching that isn't woke, and is bite sized, up to 30 minutes max for video.

I could post in each individual forum for TV, music, and whatnot, but I figured this would be easier and more suited towards what I'm looking for, which I think I'll have to do since nobody's biting.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I just listen to albums off of amazon music since I have that for my family anyways. Today was Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 2.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thanks for the tip!

To expand on my OP, what I'm saying is I am bored of my old stuff, and any mainstream stuff I know about is all woke. So I'm asking what people are listening to or watching that isn't woke, and is bite sized, up to 30 minutes max for video.

I could post in each individual forum for TV, music, and whatnot, but I figured this would be easier and more suited towards what I'm looking for, which I think I'll have to do since nobody's biting.
i mean i guess a surprising podcast genre for myself would be murders/serial killers

true crime garage/sword and scale for men, for bitches that don't suck criminal and crime junkie, a lot of true crime podcasts are done by women and they have ruined the genre by being cunts, my favorite murder was one of the firsts but those dried up egg sacs ruin the podcast by talking about themselves for half the episode and the murder squad was good until cunts metoo'd it to get famous (at least famous in the murder podcast world)

then it becomes a chore to "find" podcasts

and after a while this makes youtube red not a bad option (you tube becomes an audio player w/ subscription)

• 1Like

SmoothShift

Buzzfeed Editor
i mean i guess a surprising podcast genre for myself would be murders/serial killers

true crime garage/sword and scale for men, for bitches that don't suck criminal and crime junkie, a lot of true crime podcasts are done by women and they have ruined the genre by being cunts, my favorite murder was one of the firsts but those dried up egg sacs ruin the podcast by talking about themselves for half the episode and the murder squad was good until cunts metoo'd it to get famous (at least famous in the murder podcast world)

then it becomes a chore to "find" podcasts

and after a while this makes youtube red not a bad option (you tube becomes an audio player w/ subscription)
Thanks for all that.

Doesn't have to be podcasts though!

TV, videos, and music are fair game too. I'm old lol, and I've played out all the stuff I used to like from the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Thanks for all that.

TV, videos, and music are fair game too. I'm old lol, and I've played out all the stuff I used to like from the 80s, 90s, and 00s.
podcasts is just the easiest form, i mean when i bought my treadmill, slapped a tv right in front of it, noise cancelling headset and hooked up htpc to it, doesn't make sense to me to run in place and NOT watch something more engaging, heck if youre doing that some ppl walk at a brisk place and game too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for all that.

Since Lanx mentioned True Crime, I'm a big fan of the YT channel That Chapter. He talks about a lot of TC stuff, the most recent being everything known about the Moscow, Idaho killings. That's actually a bit out of the ordinary for what he does, as he normally does stories that are "finished" for lack of a better word. Sometimes they still haven't caught anyone, but the case has been cold for long enough that nothing new seems to be forthcoming. His episodes usually clock in right around 30 minutes.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There is a really good podcast called Revisionist History. informative and thought provoking.

Also, check out Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me from NPR. I know, I know, NPR isn't popular here, but that's the best hour of radio around.

As far as TV shows, I like to put on something I've already watched when I'm working out, so I don't have to watch too closely and can concentrate on what my body is doing during the workout. I watch things like Star Trek shows when I'm just putting it on for background entertainment.

• 1Like

SmoothShift

Buzzfeed Editor
Since Lanx mentioned True Crime, I'm a big fan of the YT channel That Chapter. He talks about a lot of TC stuff, the most recent being everything known about the Moscow, Idaho killings. That's actually a bit out of the ordinary for what he does, as he normally does stories that are "finished" for lack of a better word. Sometimes they still haven't caught anyone, but the case has been cold for long enough that nothing new seems to be forthcoming. His episodes usually clock in right around 30 minutes.
I'm watching that chapter right now for theIdaho incident. Good stuff! Gonna work my way back through the thread. Thanks all

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm watching that chapter right now for theIdaho incident. Good stuff! Gonna work my way back through the thread. Thanks all
yea the idaho killings is a perfect example of a killing(s) that are sus.

sleepy town(ain't no one been kills here since 2015!!!)
leads to
inept popo

lax security (we dun lock our door)

and somehow the killer navigated 3 flights killed 4 ppl, while 2 were left alive w/ a dog in the house

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
Two choices predominantly for me:

1. Very energetic electronic music. Either trance or this new 80s synth wave with a gym/workout theme. Exemplary track:

Fucking absolute epitome of 80s workout right there. Nothing will beat it.

2. Metal. Pantera, of course, has never failed me.

And it goes without saying that the secondary objective is to drown out the gay as fuck gym music.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do some pre-workout music but nothing while working out.

Detracts from mind muscle connection and doing quality damage to the fibers. Can't hear anything when in the zone, it'd just be annoying and I'd shut it off once I got about 20-30 mins into the workout. It's great for warming up though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've always felt like when I see people watching movies or reading books while exercising that they aren't really exercising that much. If you're that bored doing cardio I'd bump up the intensity.

• 1EyeRoll

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I've always felt like when I see people watching movies or reading books while exercising that they aren't really exercising that much. If you're that bored doing cardio I'd bump up the intensity.
At the gym this is definitely true and for books its always true. But at home, I watch shit on youtube while working out all the time which is similar to movies.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you say work out...

do you mean like getting up from the chair to use the restroom or go to the kitchen? Some on these boards might even have that setup where they do not have to get up.

I tend to just suffer through whatever the gym has going over the PA system.