What IP would make a great MMO?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Elric/Stormbringer needs to happen. The first couple additions of the role playing game I thought were well done.

And of course I'm a big heavy metal fan and that would make a good magic/sci if cross over world

norp

Bronze Squire
A high quality Shin Megami Tensei MMO would be sick, but it's probably too obscure and will probably never happen. It would be like Pokemon but with demons and alignments.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The Expanse which would be easy since it was originally an RPG campaign that they made into books.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Zelda with moblins as a playable race and a class that throws spears.

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
Rifts (pen and paper rpg from the 90s) Has always been my ideal dream MMO.
Even comes with Keith Parkinson cover(box) art just like EQ.
Rifts_RPG_1st_Ed_1990.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh, better to home brew something new like Rift: Planes of Telara did or Pantheon.

Avoids all the ermagherd not canon/they are making an expansion of this instead of that stuff

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
A Song of Ice and Fire has to happen someday. Too much money to be made there for it to not happen.

Would love to see a Simlarillion-era Middle-Earth MMO. Potential for so many more bad-ass characters / bosses / storylines. Lord of the Rings era just has a few.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
While i would love to see about half of these suggestions as mmo's the entire genre needs to be redone instead of just the same old same old every game does now with a slightly different flavor.

i mean as a level 100 targaryen people will still be bitching they cant ride their dragon to do world quests in The Reach because xxxx company got rid of flying.

Its a tall order but i want something that isn't rehashing diabloIII systems. Secret world was actually a legit idea if you liked the story aspect.

my suggestion; FFG's Cthulhu universe.

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
Rifts (pen and paper rpg from the 90s) Has always been my ideal dream MMO.
Even comes with Keith Parkinson cover(box) art just like EQ.
Rifts_RPG_1st_Ed_1990.jpg

Came here to post this but you beat me to it. Would love to play a SAMAS pilot, glitter boy, juicer, or pretty much anything really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Battletech/Mechwarrior, Pokemon or Shadowrun.

Any of the above would rule the world.

I mean Battletech alone is already set up into factions, has a PVP system, and you could increase your abilities for both Mechs and you as a pilot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I would kill for some kind of EVE-esque Zoids MMO, but probably a bit too obscure.

Haha, I don't know if i've ever heard anyone ever mention that show before, I figured I was the only person who ever watched it.

I'd probably play a Pokemon MMO if it was sandbox style. Open world, contested pokemon spawns (no instanced shit), fights over rare pokemon sightings etc.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Aliens / Predator
Stargate
Battlestar Galactica
Rick and Morty
The Venture Bros
Baldur's Gate
Wreck It Ralph
The Incredibles

Not enough variations of ways to spell Drizzt for the masses to play.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The Martix, Final Fantasy, Starwars, The Elder Scrolls and Warhammer would all be solid choices to bad they took big shits on those IPs already.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Battletech could be amazing, but I doubt any company will give a team enough time to do it right.