What IP would make a great MMO?

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Isn't there already a Mechwarrior "mmo"? I mean, mechwarrior never really had a story. It was mission: defeat other mechs. Granted MWO is purely pvp, so I'm guessing you're looking for a pve experience with a story. Which is really what we're looking for.

What about Wing Commander?

Personally I'd like an mmo that didn't put so much value in survival, or building. Main reason I fucking hate playing those types of games (Ark, Conan, etc). I'd rather the developers built the castles, and let me get straight to infiltrating with buddies. I realize some people enjoy level building, but that shit just isn't for me. I'd rather get paid to do that part.

Mechwarrior or Battletech has HUGE VOLUMES of story available. You do realize it was a pen and paper RPG for decades prior to being a video game right? MWO is not an MMO. It's nothing more than a PVP arena.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Clicked this thread just to see if anyone said Shadowrun. Glad it got at least a little love, why they made a shit twirl FPS is beyond me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Mechwarrior or Battletech has HUGE VOLUMES of story available. You do realize it was a pen and paper RPG for decades prior to being a video game right? MWO is not an MMO. It's nothing more than a PVP arena.

Aren't there too many licensing issues with this?

That said I would love to see a legit story driven MMO with 'mech-lite' combat (ie a bit faster paced).

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, there's some shitty Battletech licensing issues since they used some fanmade mechs early in the franchise.

Played the shit out of the Battletech card game back in the 90s, was fun shit.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
That King Henry guy would be fun I guess. All sorts of mancers, werewolves, vampires, oh my.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Brandon Sanderson
I don't want to play a fat human even if he is a level 500 writer with epics. I know you meant one his individual "worlds" or the Cosmere as a whole, but couldn't pass it up.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Myth.

1-Box_Front_lower.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raign

Golden Squire
I'd forgotten about the Deathgate Cycle. That would be a great setting.

Second this. That was a downright amazing series and would make for an amazing faction vs faction environment for a mmo

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Aren't there too many licensing issues with this?

That said I would love to see a legit story driven MMO with 'mech-lite' combat (ie a bit faster paced).

Tabula Rasa could of been such a great mech game

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Star Wars with great crafting broken combat and no playable jedis til you jump thru 100 hoops to unlock them and they perma-die if killed in combat.

• 1Worf