What IP would make a great MMO?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Curious what people think exists for a known IP that would make a great MMO? Something that would be familiar enough to engage people but not so familiar that the 'canon' people would flip out every time something changed even slightly..

Some of my ideas would be:
Ready Player One
Xanth
World of Darkness (tried, but CCP imploded)
Wheel of Time?

Nex

Molten Core Raider
I was going to say Magic The Gathering but apparently one already exists.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aliens / Predator
Stargate
Battlestar Galactica
Rick and Morty
The Venture Bros
Baldur's Gate
Wreck It Ralph
The Incredibles

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hmm...

Codex Alera: the different elements serving as your classes, with some ability to multiclass.

Sanderson's Cosmere: have all the worlds (crazy, I know; but fuck it, we're wishlisting), with them connected by magical means. Your character's world of origin determines the kind of magic they have access to.

Maybe Malazan?: hell, it has a progression power curve built into the lore.

Earthsea?: no clue what that would play like, but fuck it; I wouldn't mind a mage-focused setting.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Aliens / Predator
Stargate
Battlestar Galactica
Rick and Morty
The Venture Bros
Baldur's Gate
Wreck It Ralph
The Incredibles

Stargate ARPG most worlds are procedurally generated.

Basically somewhere between Skyrim and Minecraft, just with P90s.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm tempted to say I want a Diablo MMO but that's basically what WoW became without the aesthetic.

A new LOTR MMO would be god damn amazing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
45so4G6.jpg

movieposter.jpg

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Aliens / Predator
Stargate
Battlestar Galactica
Robotech
Baldur's Gate
Blade Runner
Back to the Future
Firefly
Farscape
Planet of the Apes
Fifth Element
Dune
Edge of Tomorrow
Uncharted Waters

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Star Wars Except Not Shit.

Sword of Truth world would make infinite $$ from creepers playing leather-clad bondage lesbians.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I would kill for a good sci-fi MMO. So tired of fantasy based mmos. Tons of IPs for it.

Hell just make one up. AO was amazing if not for the horrible launch problems with infrastructure. Yet you hardly see some of the things it did, ever used again.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sci-Fi based upon Moorcock's Eternal Champion in space stuff. Always liked the borderline Warhammer 40k "psyker" aspects to the stories about Renard and the Blood Red Game. Could be cool as humanities survivors in a hostile universe, with a game-wide sort of progression meter as to when the universe starts dying off again and you have to escape to another in the multiverse.

Or maybe I'm a couple of boddington's into the evening and it only -sounds- like a good idea now.

Malazan would be tits, and if they didn't go all silly with some of the WoW-like aspects in TOR, it could have been great. The "Legends" settings for Star Wars are infinitely more interesting than more Skywalker family crap; especially in a game.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
AO was amazing if not for the horrible launch problems with infrastructure. Yet you hardly see some of the things it did, ever used again.

AO was awesome till Gaute Godager tried chasing that fat EQ dollar and injected fantasy bullshit in with the Shadowlands expac.

FunCom should have had a slam dunk with the Conan IP but they focused on 'Hawt Grphx!" and 'Everthing is AoE!" instead of Frazetta styled art and actual game play.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Capping three characters on Shadowknowledge nearly broke my ability to enjoy games. Fucking Keepers, man.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The old Thieves World books had an awesome world that would have made a good MMO IP.

Also Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat IP would have been fun Sci-Fi.

And ofc Blade Runner / William Gibson.

Projeckt Red has my cyberpunk coming soon. just not an MMO. There was a Tad Williams Otherworld MMO in the works forever but went MIA and vaporized.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dune -

The Bard

giphy.gif

The Witch

tumblr_oo7cn9LMG61t7lixko1_400.gif

The Warrior

4c2.jpg

The Rogue

tumblr_o2zjyzOxn51tpdqt1o2_400.gif