What is all this "gluten-free" shit?

Troll_sl

shitlord
It's a lot like ADD/ADHD... it's self diagnosed and misdiagnosed mostly by hipsters. Except gluten intolerance and Celiac are actually a thing.
Are you claiming ADD/ADHD aren't real things? Cause if so, you're as much a retard as the self-diagnosers.

iannis

Musty Nester
No, even doctors will misdiagnose ADD/ADHD for shits and giggles. They're a little bit more responsible when it comes to Celiac or Chrons.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
On of my friends in the late 90s could not eat gluten, took him years to figure out why he was so sick and if he messed up and ate it he would have to go the hospital. At that time i had never heard of that shit outside of seeing some kid on TV who was allergic to sunlight (WTF). Never heard a single other person talk about it for a decade now its everywhere. Fuck you DR Oz.
onli 90 kids wil understand

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whenever someone says that they "feel better" or "have more energy" then they are full of shit. Go ask anyone randomly if they have more or less energy than they did the night before at this time and they would ask you WTF you are talking about. You're either healthy or you're not. If you think removing one type of food from your diet is going to give you some kind of super health or even make you hit your snooze button one less time in the morning then good for you but you are probably delusional. The placebo effect can be very powerful.
Exactly. I think its going to work therefor it does!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, even doctors will misdiagnose ADD/ADHD for shits and giggles. They're a little bit more responsible when it comes to Celiac or Chrons.
It's not so much for shits and giggles as much as a combination of no conclusive test, Dr shopping, and parents refusing to believe their little crotchfruit really is an irritating little shit. So it is similar to Celiac and Crohn's where the actual people who have it get lumped in with the douchebags who use it as an excuse for being shitty at school, fat, etc.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Are you claiming ADD/ADHD aren't real things? Cause if so, you're as much a retard as the self-diagnosers.
ADD/ADHD has only been around for MAYBE 20 years... it's unheard of outside of the USA and it's a "catch all" cop out of a diagnoses.
It's a doctors polite way of saying "you're a fucking idiot" and suckering you into buying meds. There's no real diagnoses for it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
ADD/ADHD has only been around for MAYBE 20 years... it's unheard of outside of the USA and it's a "catch all" cop out of a diagnoses.
It's a doctors polite way of saying "you're a fucking idiot" and suckering you into buying meds. There's no real diagnoses for it.
... You're a fucking idiot.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
... You're a fucking idiot.
I see I hurt your little feelings. Don't take it out on me because you've misdiagnosed yourself with ADD/ADHD.
Because not paying attention and being a moron is cured by pills...

So go take some more of your caffeine pills and go play with your toys.

lDQIMTZ.gif

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this woman who goes on about gluten all the time on FB last night posts about her awesomeall organicdinner she had. I think I'm pretty confident she's a trendy glutener.

Also I watched that new Comedy Central show "Inside Amy Schumer" last night for the first time. Opening skit she's on a date with a guy who tells her he has AIDS, she freaks out a bit and then decides she will give him a chance, AIDS and all. They get ready to order and she says she's allergic to gluten and has to order from the gluten-free menu. AIDS guy gets up in disgust and walks out on her, saying he's a foodie and gluten allergies are total BS.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Imagine in a few years when every kids gonna have some kind of allergy... like schools gonna have nightmare dealing with it ...

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well, school food has always tasted like garbage here. If it was gluten free they'd have an excuse at least.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I credit my complete lack of allergies to the fact that my mom let me eat dirt and earthworms in the woods when I was a kid.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I think parents starting in the early 90s really raised a generation of "everyone wins" allergy having faggots. Broken bones and a little stomach pumping builds character.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doh, you got me there. MMMMMMMM arsenic.
Goes well with some mercury.

More seriously, it was a half-sarcastic attempt to point out that removing something from someone's diet CAN improve your energy and well-being. Do I believe, for most people, gluten is that thing? No. More than likely, it's mostly placebo affect. I'm also willing to believe that removing gluten improved their diet in more tangible and obvious ways. Going gluten free really requires some thought and effort, so now that you can't just eat anything, you might be eating better as a side effect.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guys I ate 4 Baconators at Wendys and then I had diarrhea. Pretty sure it was the buns. Am I allergic to gluten?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I trace these issues to every little shit getting a trophy once their sporting season ends, regardless of where they finish.

That shit was reserved for champions in my day.