What is your education level?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am very curious as to what the demographics of this forum is. I think we have quite a few smart people and quite a few learned people. What does the education level look like here?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Two Master's Degrees, two Bachelor's Degrees. Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Writer's Workshop), Master of English, Master of History (Medieval/Renaissance) all relate to my teaching jobs. The degrees are also tangentially related to my work in game design, as I end up doing a lot of the rules writing/card wordings after getting the initial horrible write-ups from other staff.

Considered going for a Doctorate at one point, but that was late 2000s and the doctorate programs were overstuffed with people trying desperately to put off going out into the non-existent work-force.

First 2 degrees were paid for with scholarships from highschool/parent's union/Magic the Gathering Junior Super Series winnings. The other two were Student Loans and a small stipend for continued education.

I don't make a ton of money considering the amount of time all that took, but I'm happy with what I do and make enough to meet my needs/hobbies. Amusingly, the additional degrees actually make it harder to get a full-time teaching position, since the state mandates increased pay for each relevant degree.

My older Brother makes more money than me as a Highschool Drop-Out Welder. Of course, I'm considerably less likely to die out under some oil rig in the ocean, so you win some you lose some.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I technically have a doctorate. Should probably add a category for professional degrees like MD/JD since I don't really think of them like Phd's.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Master's.

I had hoped it would look fantastic on my resume. All it did was delay my entry into the workforce by two years and dump my ass in the middle of the Great Recession.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
High school. Have taken probably 30 training courses over 20 years. Didn't consider that some college so put down High School.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Bachelor's + some graduate work, no Master's yet though. Will probably sack up and finish it next year.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Dropped out of college, twice. The first time was because I was wasting money trying to figure out what I wanted to do and the second because it seemed like the wrong way to approach my IT career. Currently being groomed as IT manager for a billion dollar law firm but was told I'll probably have to go back and finish a 4 year if I want a director gig in 5 years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have an honorary docterate in janitorial engineering from Rickshaw University and a bachelors in computer science.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Two Bachelor's. Computer Science and Econometrics. Masters in Software Engineering.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The dream job is to be put in some University Library's basement getting paychecks for archival work everyone else has forgotten you do, until the one day some lost Doctoral candidate wanders in looking for Letters written by Silvia Plath and you're like "Fuck yes I know where that shit is. I catalogued the hell out of it."

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Cad belongs in masters degrees. Your categories are correct.
Pfft. It's a professional doctorate. It says doctor right in the name. :p

A JD or MD clearly isn't a masters degree, but it's not a phd either.