What is your education level?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
2 year of a Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering from a priv univ, a few courses from UConn, most of an associates degree from a Community College. I try not to dwell on how many credit hours I have, and the total lack of fancy pieces of paper to show for it. Even so I put myself down for the associates. I completed all the technical courses I needed towards the AS in Computer Networking Technology I just couldn't be bothered with the stupid electives.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Curious why no BoX for trade related/red seal level of certification? I have my bachelors but also have my Red Seal in Culinary as im a chef by trade, im sure lots of certified electricians etc here as well. Which puts in on par with a bachelors.
the hell is a red seal?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_120139.jpg

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_120140.jpg

Is it something like this? Isn't that an associates degree or whatnot?

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
the hell is a red seal?
Not sure what it's called in America, but in Canada it is a designation for trades that is the equivalant of a degree for tradespeople

"The Red Seal was established in 1959 and represents a standard of excellence for industry. Through the program, tradespersons are able to obtain a Red Seal endorsement on their provincial/territorial certificates by successfully completing an inter-provincial Red Seal examination."

Im sure America has something similar, but it requires 3 years of schooling + thousands of hours of hands on training.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its def a Canadian thing, surprised the USA doesn't have an equivalent to recognize skilled tradespeople. Im sure due to the way you guys run your states each differently, nothing exists nationally.
They do its called a technical degree here.

At least I assume a technical degree is the functional equivalent of an AA/AS in a specialized field.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Eh it's one of the many issues with the way we treat trades as a whole. Anyone who went into a trade and not directly to college/military out of High School would be looked down on, despite the fact that some of those fuckers make bank. I think it would be good to have something similar down here for sure.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Two bachelor's degrees -- fine arts in dance and science in nursing. Handful of certifications relating to nursing.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm working on my degree in nursing, does that make me half-gay?

I'll hold hands with you Noodle but it has to be my left hand. That's the gay half.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tink everyone should have listed if their education had any relation to their current job.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
High school diploma here, I see we are 3 strong on this board. Not too surprising since everyone here is a multimillionaire who bangs supermodels.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a useless BA I'm doing nothing with, and an Enrolled Agent license that I may let expire. I am not a multimillionaire, and I do not bang supermodels. Quite the contrary, actually. It's not surprising that we have an above average education/income on this forum, however. Can think of a few reasons for that directly off the top of my head.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm working on my degree in nursing, does that make me half-gay?

I'll hold hands with you Noodle but it has to be my left hand. That's the gay half.
Nursing is fine, I was mostly thinking it was fabulous that he had a degree in dance

On the other topic, I don't bang super models and I'm not a multimillionaire. My degree is in computer engineering and I'm a (computer) hardware engineer - so 100% relevant.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I tink everyone should have listed if their education had any relation to their current job.
My Bachelor's was in History, there are aspects of it that I use in my current job. I would say that about 50% of what I learned in the process of obtaining the degree is being utilized on a daily basis in my current position.

Side note: Wish I was a millionaire, or even had access to normal models, let alone supermodels.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's a good question, too. I'm working in a field directly related to my bachelor's and master's (applied linguistics), but it took a lot of working unrelated shit jobs to get here. I would imagine that outside of STEM most people aren't working in a job related to their degree.