What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Maybe it's just perspective of your photos but is that thing a child's motorcycle? What is it?

Yeah, it's a 125 mini dirtbike basically. Top speed around 70 but I will never take it on the highway. It kept up with the super moto's tonight and it's actually taller than it looks, I'm 6' and my feet are almost flat when sitting on it.

It's a really fun bike and here is the video that made me want to get one.

Skip to 38 seconds if you want to get to the good stuff, turn up the headphones and enjoy. Killing each others bikes going down the road is a really good time, lol.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any ideas of gas mileage heko if say keeping it kinda WOT for it I imagine in the 55mph range? Rough cost I'm sure it's all over the place.

Hekotat

Any ideas of gas mileage heko if say keeping it kinda WOT for it I imagine in the 55mph range? Rough cost I'm sure it's all over the place.

I don't have to full throttle unless I want to push into 60+ territory. It gets about 100mpg, and it cost me a whopping $2.66 to fill it up from empty with premium.

They also offer 160cc and 180cc big bore kits ranging from $500 to $1200 bucks, I plan on going with the 180cc kit next year sometime.

Sludig

And starting cc is? Didnt say cost of the bike/general cost of these things? Talking 2k vs 6k etc? I mean if it was only 1-2k and maybe a cheaper small bore kit. Might be worth going 38 miles up the back roads to save on gas/miles on my poor truck.

Hekotat

And starting cc is? Didnt say cost of the bike/general cost of these things? Talking 2k vs 6k etc? I mean if it was only 1-2k and maybe a cheaper small bore kit. Might be worth going 38 miles up the back roads to save on gas/miles on my poor truck.

125cc

I got a 2017 for 2,800 with 1200 miles. You can get the previous bodystyle for much cheaper on Craigslist but I don't think they look as good as the new ones. They're also very cheap to work on and maintain vs a larger bike. However, some want a bigger bike and that's understandable.

You can get a new one for 3,299 but they are flying out of the showroom so every dealership here had huge markups on them and a waiting list.

Sludig

Never seen one here ever so may be a cooler market. Will have to look into it though I'm fairly tapped out with upcoming holidays/anniversary the new bird, the complete exhaust I just ordered. (JBA headers/custom mids with a cat back into TRD dual pipes) Oh and needing 2k for the MDR that has finally shipped and so far seems fairly sexy/problem free.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That seems like a cool scooter thing. Too bad it's all freeways and deathtrap side streets out here.

• 1Like

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Hekotat, your next purchase is waiting for you here.
Full Blown Stage 1 Turbo Kit Honda Grom MSX125

hondagromturbo10_12.jpg

Sludig

Wouldnt that be pushing it being just open air cooled?

Looked at a 2017, 3k or 3.3k bit steeper than I'd like. Figured 2k + 1k upgrades would be justifiable. That and just a bit too short for my 6ft1 self. I'd love something a hair (3-4 inches) taller and same power or a smidgeon more if I was going to try my first bike out ever. (With no plans to move to actual 280+ lb "real" bikes as I dont want something that can roll and crush me etc. Granted being so lightweight I know highway + winds = bad juju for toy bike.

EDIT: Missed what looks like a radiotor add on for that kid? n/m.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Looked at a 2017, 3k or 3.3k bit steeper than I'd like. Figured 2k + 1k upgrades would be justifiable. That and just a bit too short for my 6ft1 self. I'd love something a hair (3-4 inches) taller and same power or a smidgeon more if I was going to try my first bike out ever. (With no plans to move to actual 280+ lb "real" bikes as I dont want something that can roll and crush me etc. Granted being so lightweight I know highway + winds = bad juju for toy bike.

Thats an intercooler. The bike looks like it is air cooled, no idea how much wiggle room they have in that.

Hekotat

You could look into the Kawasaki ZX125, it's supposedly a few inches taller. Buy used and save, they hold their value and if you dump it you're not out much or you can re-sell it if you don't like it.

The turbo kit is cool, but not practical. I'd probably just go big bore kit.
2WXQJZl.jpg

Sludig

Just do big bore kit.
Why not both.gif?

Are you going to daily driver it? From what I was reading the like 150 or 160 ish kit sounds like a conservative but still appreciable thing to try. Going to see what's on craigslist. Heading into winter and enough other expenses I'll probably need to wait until next year anyways.

Even need motorcycle endorsement I wonder since it's so dinky.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
"The turbo kit is cool, but not practical"

go wash your filthy mouth out !!!! Turbos are RAD

I second, Why not both

• 1Worf

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not both.gif?

Are you going to daily driver it? From what I was reading the like 150 or 160 ish kit sounds like a conservative but still appreciable thing to try. Going to see what's on craigslist. Heading into winter and enough other expenses I'll probably need to wait until next year anyways.

Even need motorcycle endorsement I wonder since it's so dinky.

Check your state laws, in Florida anything above 50cc needs an endorsement.

Sludig

Talked a lot on discord, and doing my own research. Still interested in the Grom, possibly a TW200 (seems also very forgiving and a bit more oomph), or for a grand more you are getting into Rebel/CB300 which the new 2017 honda models of those also look great, and like 5k I think for the 500's version.

Biggest issue is as a commuter for a 38mile one way trip..... doubling travel time because even if it was capable, knowing the stretch of I25 I dont think I'd want to take a bike on the highway. So that would mean frontage/back roads and make 45mins probably 1hr30mins or more..... But going from 16mpg to 70 or 120 is attractive. (Though it's mainly about saving the miles on the truck, 2015 and about to hit 50k miles)

3k bike and 100mpg actually would break even reasonbly quick on fuel, is part of why I don't want to consider some older beater shit car. (dont like worrying about breakdowns, 16vs 25-30ish optmistically is a long break even point on something probably more than 3k)

I fantasize about the cheaper Tesla or maybe the newer Bolt coming, but doubt those in the end would really financially be that smart.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
PHOTO_20170826_171447.jpg

My inner ricer surfaces... But no really, my air filter box had stripped screws, and a short ram was only 10 bucks more than a new filter, w/o a new box, new box cost more than the short ram.

This is how much shit I had to remove your fit it.
PHOTO_20170826_161122.jpg

Hekotat

Do you use it as a submarine? I don't think I've ever seen that much rust in an engine bay before.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users