What vehicle do you drive?

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Shelby GT350. Had under 200 miles on it when I found a nail in the tire. Have had it for 3 months and barely 300 miles on it now.

723C30CB-C4B3-4279-898D-45D4E55ED841.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shelby GT350. Had under 200 miles on it when I found a nail in the tire. Have had it for 3 months and barely 300 miles on it now.

View attachment 173560

You're doing it wrong. You need to daily drive it, have the exhaust in loud mode, and take it to redline at least once per day. Otherwise, you have no business owning it, hahaha.

They are wonderful cars. So much character. My HC had a nail in the right rear tire a few months ago. It was 3 inches long. Not sure how I picked it up so I wonder if someone put it there....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Trying to follow the recommended break in period, under 4K rpm for 1000 miles. It seems so far away, I’ve watched a bunch of YouTube videos just to hear what it might sound like.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to follow the recommended break in period, under 4K rpm for 1000 miles. It seems so far away, I’ve watched a bunch of YouTube videos just to hear what it might sound like.

Break in procedures are bogus. Drive the car like you normally would as long as the engine and trans are warmed up first. Only advice is not to launch the car hard or slam gears during the first 1,000. But, that's to ensure the trans/diff are OK. Also, engine break a bunch early on.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Break in procedures are bogus. Drive the car like you normally would as long as the engine and trans are warmed up first. Only advice is not to launch the car hard or slam gears during the first 1,000. But, that's to ensure the trans/diff are OK. Also, engine break a bunch early on.

Burren is right, and I would add that you should never exceed 3000rpm with a cold engine.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I agree- stock the car is fine. By me there a few oVW dealers that will do the stage 1 APR tune. Since the warranty on the vehicle is unbeatable (6 years 72,000 miles bumper-to-bumper), I had a waiver written in to the sales agreement that professional tuning would not void the warranty. I have no worries.

However, there are multiple torque options available. I think pushing the stock clutch much beyond 400-410fp is risky. There is an APR "low-torque" option as well. Once you have the APR tune, you can "flip" from high to low quickly and cheaply (I think my dealer will charge $50 if I want to alter from the high to low torque tune). I have not had any clutch slip at all, but I have heard that it can occur. The rest of the vehicle can handle the Stage 1 tune no problem.

Even without a waiver professional tuning will not 'void the warranty'. Legally the 'Magnuson Moss warranty act' protects you and only problems that can be directly correlated to your modifications can result in denial of warranty claims. So in this case any powertrain issues wouldn't be covered but if your radio craps out that's still covered. That 'waiver' sounds a bit suspicions too. The warranty is between you and the manufacturer and not the dealer. It's like if I go to Best Buy and buy a new CPU they have no authority to give me a 'waiver' that says if the geek squad mega overclocks my CPU that Intel will still cover my warranty. I don't see how a dealer could override terms of a warranty offered by the manufactuer. Now if it was an after market warranty offered and covered by the dealer then a waiver would make sense.

Siliconemelons

Sounds like the "waiver" is more of a statement that they understand the act as you stated and they will not try dumb crap when he brings it in for work.... At their location.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Installed my flares yesterday. Now I can put the rears in the front and go bigger in the back.

VQc9xrT.jpg

cAEFxyp.jpg

wwfiAGh.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Closest images I could find to what I've been driving...
I bought a 2012 Passat TDI and got to cash in on the buyback program they did after the emissions scandal.
I actually really enjoyed the Passat for the time that I had it, so being able to sell it back at just barely 5k less than I paid for it after 6 years was awesome.

Turned around about 2 months ago and walked off the lot with a 2018 Camaro SS, fully loaded. God bless the EPA lol.

2012-Volkswagen-Passat-TDI-front-three-quarters.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I need to come up with 10k to afford a new ride, anyone have a cousin I can rob or something?

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bros, I can't stop looking at this fucking car. It's way way way out of my price range so I'm willing to bang Ravven for the funds to buy it, who's gonna be my donor?

Alfa_Romeo-Giulia_Quadrifoglio-2016-1600-01.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just throwing this up in air: Too many toys and some have to go for a new kid and a new SUV. My M4 is one that I'll be letting go. I have it leased through my business, so it would be a lease takeover (done at BMW dealer on my dime).

2018 M4. 3,200 miles. 36 month lease that started April of 2018. 12,000 miles per year. $823.78 per month net is the payment. Sticker was: $69,695.00. Minor options; basically a stripper and a blank canvas. That was my intention, but I didn't get that far yet. Residual is calculated at $39,309.20.

Asking $3,200 for my capital cost reduction. Negotiable. Not required. Let's have a dialogue.

I'll pay transfer fee.

I have - new in box and never opened - MS spacers and Eibach springs that I'll sell with the car for 1/3 off retail if the new buyer is interested. Currently has black grill surrounds and side blades.

Car is in Houston TX.

We're all car bros here, so I thought it might interest someone.

20180522_163046.jpg

20180522_163100.jpg

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Just throwing this up in air: Too many toys and some have to go for a new kid and a new SUV. My M4 is one that I'll be letting go. I have it leased through my business, so it would be a lease takeover (done at BMW dealer on my dime).

2018 M4. 3,200 miles. 36 month lease that started April of 2018. 12,000 miles per year. $823.78 per month net is the payment. Sticker was: $69,695.00. Minor options; basically a stripper and a blank canvas. That was my intention, but I didn't get that far yet. Residual is calculated at $39,309.20.

Asking $3,200 for my capital cost reduction. Negotiable. Not required. Let's have a dialogue.

I'll pay transfer fee.

I have - new in box and never opened - MS spacers and Eibach springs that I'll sell with the car for 1/3 off retail if the new buyer is interested. Currently has black grill surrounds and side blades.

Car is in Houston TX.

We're all car bros here, so I thought it might interest someone.

View attachment 176034

View attachment 176035

That's a pretty good monthly payment for that net cost. What did you put down on it if you don't mind me asking?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a pretty good monthly payment for that net cost. What did you put down on it if you don't mind me asking?

$6,000. Usually on a lease I would NOT advise someone to do a capital cost reduction (down payment) because in most cases that won't ever be recouped. But, through my business it was viable due to write-offs.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Model 3 is all that I'd hoped for and more. Such an exquisite ride with near endless power on demand. 1k miles hit yesterday and owned it for 4 weeks now.
Electric is the future for sure and with our own PV system fuel is a tenth the cost of gas.

20180915_103905.jpg

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I think Kia/Hyundai is going to kill it in the EV market if they can successfully release their 2 EV little suvs and they cost 20-30k

Tesla has shown people will pay $$$$$ for a EV that has 200-300 range and does not look like stupid shit odes - yeah my Leaf does, it was cheap... but the damn BMW EV? Looks like a horrific thing and they did it on pourpose.

No, do what Tesla did. People obviously will buy it.

The 3 is a great car, and all their cars are a big middle finger to "concept interior can't e production" - is just needs to get the 35k version readily avail

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Model 3 is all that I'd hoped for and more. Such an exquisite ride with near endless power on demand. 1k miles hit yesterday and owned it for 4 weeks now.
Electric is the future for sure and with our own PV system fuel is a tenth the cost of gas.

View attachment 176085

Nice, I may pick up one of the performance model 3's when I pass my model S to my wife.

• 1Like