What vehicle do you drive?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The new Kia SUV has a good amount of hype around it too (Telluride).

That's what I looked at getting. Almost did but decided I would be responsible and save the money since I don't *need* a new car (my '15 Mazda 3 has all of 54k miles on it) and I'm having my first kid in June...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the M240 is a nice looking ride and it's nice to see BMW finally upgrading their interior pizzaz which imho has been behind Audi and MB for quite some time. Still is, but definitely closing the gap. My only gripe with the BMW's I owned, and I'm admittedly OCD about it, were interior rattles that developed from the hard plastics they use(d). Would drive me nuts. Though to be fair, after owning a vault silent 2014 S4, my 2018 S5 is also a rattlebox. These fucking new hard plastics they are using sound like a fucking styrofoam cooler as the car warms/cools.

My Audi’s and Bimmers all had that rattlebullshit. Neither of my Porsche’s did. My moms Subaru is quiet as hell also so not sure why Bmw can’t get it right.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Audi’s and Bimmers all had that rattlebullshit. Neither of my Porsche’s did. My moms Subaru is quiet as hell also so not sure why Bmw can’t get it right.

My subaru rattles and vibrates a bit, but it has 110k on it

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't stand the ///M badges on non-M cars (same for AMG). Just call it what it is instead of pandering to the masses and tricking people *old car enthusiast grumble*

BTW, my M3 rattles like a motherfucker and only has 29,000 miles on it. The Hellcat was quieter and so was my Z06. The M5 was tight as a drum though, so go figure.

Siliconemelons

70k leaf does not rattle, 42k QC60 does not rattle...

except when kids leave some crap in the back door wells... rustles my jiminitieissss

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Of all the German stuff I am more partial to Mercedes. They are like driving a living room down the road. I got 4 speeding tickets in 4 months driving a 90s 600SEL. You dont realize you are doing 70 in a 35 because they just float like a boat on a quiet river. Mercedes turning radius is unholy. If you cant parallel park a giant Mercedes sedan you should give up driving.

7478845-1993-mercedes-benz-600sel-std.jpg
I want one of these for the sunday afternoon coffee tours once the house is paid off. Or the R129 roadster model.

That 600SEL is built like a fucking tank. Sometimes you can get lucky and find bulletproof versions for sale.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yes, i know what you meant, I'm just pointing out it's an outdated notion that has fostered a lot of misplaced brand loyalty.

Not needing replacement parts every week kinda mitigates the cost situation, but I doubt there's a substantial difference regardless.

There isn't. OEM parts (not reproductions from the corner auto mart) aren't cheap for Ford or Honda....or anyone else for that matter. They aren't expensive, but the days of the $20 tune up are long gone. My current truck is an F-250 as was my last one. Last SUV was a Honda and the current SUV is a Ridgeline. I've put so little into repairs for either brand it's laughable. So far, I've managed to dodge both Ford and Honda vehicles with shit transmissions.

Siliconemelons

I had a 1984 380SL and I loved that stupid thing... had to sell, wrong time of stage of life...

But saw one at church (well 560) and my wife goes "you and your son can get one to work on" he is due in a month...

So I told her...to clarify...so you know... I am going to get one now, you do know that right lol

• 1Like

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got myself a Nissan Rogue, very much in the honeymoon phase. My last car was 10 years old so finding I'm hitting a learning curve with all the technology I'm now faced with.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

I had a 1st gen rogue it was a solid car... I would get the current one but I don't fit well... apparently 2021 is a new generation... so I may wait to see.

• 1Like

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if you can answer this, but there is a display between the tachometer and the speedometer, wondering if it can show the current speed? There is a multitude of options but haven't found that one. Mine is the base model.
edit: a little searching and it doesn't have a digital speedometer

Siliconemelons

Not sure if you can answer this, but there is a display between the tachometer and the speedometer, wondering if it can show the current speed? There is a multitude of options but haven't found that one. Mine is the base model.
edit: a little searching and it doesn't have a digital speedometer

Yeah, Nissan is stupid with its tech sometimes... you know an options from S to SV to SL to LE are nothing but software switches - and you like "just give it to everyone!"

Like putting Nav "left at 1st street" on the cluster display...

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You done anything to it or keeping it stock for life? I am debating if I want to do any engine work, probably no body mods.
I haven't yet, but am considering possible downpipe and exhaust upgrade. Maybe a tune after that. Anything I do will likely be something I can easily DIY back to stock.

1582648777231.png

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I haven't yet, but am considering possible downpipe and exhaust upgrade. Maybe a tune after that. Anything I do will likely be something I can easily DIY back to stock.

View attachment 251045
Yeah, debating on some stupid shit like carbon fiber mirrors for the wife to get me for my birthday.

I was slightly debating on trying to drop it just a tiny bit for that lower profile look but I then remembered my work entrance has a terrible driveway for anything much lower than my car and I don't feel like scraping.

The blue is very nice, mine was white which isn't my first choice but saved me $5,500 so that they didn't have to bring one in from a different dealer. I don't hate white but I usually go with the gunmetal grey look.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Nice. I got a 2017 M2 last year. Really enjoying it.

How are the interior rattles on that bad boy? I was looking at the M2 competition but got turned off by some reviews that mentioned rattles. Would be nice if they added some more available features to that model, like an electronic vs analog cockpit.