What vehicle do you drive?

Siliconemelons

I am so tired of looking for a car... I have to give up and just try again in a few weeks or next month... its exhaustion just surfing around for teh dealz

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I am so tired of looking for a car... I have to give up and just try again in a few weeks or next month... its exhaustion just surfing around for teh dealz

I feel ya. I took a break too when i was looking for mine. So. Much. Data. In the end, I put dealz and price below "want" and ended up getting exactly what I wanted.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
pdc sensor slightly out of position

My sensor got a little out of position too :( Some hit and run at the parking lot got away with a nice green stripe on their car...

FWJQbZ2.jpg

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
My sensor got a little out of position too :( Some hit and run at the parking lot got away with a nice green stripe on their car...

FWJQbZ2.jpg
This should be able to pop right out if done by a professional. Gonna need quite a bit of polish afterwards though. Green polish.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

FWJQbZ2.jpg
thats an awesome candidate for heat gun/hot water and dent popper, might even get away with buffing a bit of the scratch out since it doesn't look like its hit the paint, only the clear coat (besides that big black chip)

Siliconemelons

Aye, that should be able to be fairly easy popped out - and a good but through buff...if that is just white scuff... I assume the bumper is not metal or white plastic (usually black) so- that's most likely a scuff as said.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

FWJQbZ2.jpg

Just titanium tips, or do you have a new muffler too? Java Green, or something else? I love the color to death, but not sure I can make it work as a daily driver (mine is Sakhir, go figure).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m really struggling to figure out what car I want next. I have a 2012 Impreza hatch. I’ve been looking at the civic type R but it just looks 2 fast 2 furious. I want a car with some balls, as I’ve always just had boring efficient small cars. The problem is there aren’t many hatchbacks out there. If the Subaru STI came in a hatch I might consider it even though I’m not in love with the current body.

Hopefully this 400hp rumor is true and they release a hatchback again. It won’t look anything like this, their concepts are always very futuristic looking then the release is a barely modified version of their previous model.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Golf R. Great performance and mature design, not boy racer.

Mercedes A45 (costs too much I think, but it's fast as hell for a small 4 cyl).

Audi RS3 (or S3 to save money).

Hyundai N-whatevertheheck.

Siliconemelons

What was the Hyundai Genesis coupe / 2door is a nice nice car - but they for some reason stopped making the 2d coupe when they split Genesis off... That new GV80 crossover looks awesome though... thing is...it seems based off of some obscure euro SUV that is /not/ near the cost they are asking.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Golf R. Great performance and mature design, not boy racer.

Mercedes A45 (costs too much I think, but it's fast as hell for a small 4 cyl).

Audi RS3 (or S3 to save money).

Hyundai N-whatevertheheck.

2 people on another forum I visit got the Hyundai when it released, they both sold it. Its basically shitty hatchbak, it doesn't look great, interior is average, and it is FWD which is the worst kind.

On top of that, its slow as fuck. 6.1 seconds to 100, in a 275hp hatchback.

If on that budget I would buy a BMW 1 series, the 120i F20 LCI, with the B48 engine.

It has 184hp standard, a chip takes it to 265hp. The car was made from 2016 - 2019 with this engine, so the interior is quite good, its a premium brand so it has good resale, and the main value loss has been covered by the previous owner.

Considering the 125i from the same edition, with 224hp, does to 100 in 6.1 seconds, you can be certain that the chipped 120i will be significantly faster at all speeds then the Hyndai.

The only thing the Hyundai has is the hype it received for god knows what reason, it certainly isn't a mechanical one.

The B48B20B engine in the last 3 series goes from 184hp to a comfortable 315 with just a chip, that engine really was too nice, which is why it was discontinued.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
On the A45; during my cars downtime I rented this:

Merc.gif

The metal switches in the interior look really nice, but while using them they feel like plastic, the switches on the center console and the ones in the door even feel kind of flimsy.

The AMG seats were terrible. They were hard but didn't offer much support.

The vents have this funny system where you can twist the inside 360°, this entertained me. Lane assist did not, in fact when it threw me back into the mid of the lane while I was cruising to the side for an oncoming truck, I was pretty pissed off. I did not try the adaptive cruise control, but it seemed to give warnings consistently as far as I tested it.

I can't comment on the A45 performance, but this is certainly a car you need to test drive before you buy it. Its a looker and has good numbers, but its also expensive as fuck and chances are good you like the pics more then the driving experience.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I totally agree, rented one a few months ago for a long drive I was doing. The seats were almost unbearable.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I totally agree, rented one a few months ago for a long drive I was doing. The seats were almost unbearable.

Its amazing how they managed to make seats that make a standard A class painful to drive.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Just titanium tips, or do you have a new muffler too? Java Green, or something else? I love the color to death, but not sure I can make it work as a daily driver (mine is Sakhir, go figure).
I replaced the black ZCP tips with the burnt blue BMS tips(my level of DIY projects). It is Java Green and I love the color especially at night with the way it grabs different shades.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have experience with dent repair? I agreed to fix a bro’s computer, and he hitched it off my rear passenger quarter panel.

View attachment 251359

I've never done dent repair, but I have spent a decent amount of time working on my own cars, and I've watched a bunch of trade-craft videos (like linked at the bottom) on various car things, so I'll take a shot:

That looks deep, for a ding; a proper fix for this would, probably, need the panel popped off and "hammered out" from the back with a specialty body tool. After flatten the ding it would be sanding, filler, sanding, and into the booth for a spray. Of course, that wont be cheap...

It might be possible to do a passable job, yourself. If there is access from the wheel well, there are tools to get in there, if not, some car panels aren't that hard to remove (mostly body screws and plastic removable rivets). At the very least, once you get it flat enough, you can use a scratch repair, like Dr. Colorchip, to make it much less noticeable.

You can find a plethora of body repair videos on YouTube, including professionals showing off. I didn't have any relevant bookmarks, so here are some videos I found in a quick search:

The tool he uses in the second part of this video looks like it might work for that dent, and he has a bunch more dent repair videos on his channel, which might give you ideas:​
Here are different tools that require a lot more access:​

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I replaced the black ZCP tips with the burnt blue BMS tips(my level of DIY projects). It is Java Green and I love the color especially at night with the way it grabs different shades.

Looks nice.

You need to find a vid like this one for your car if you want to do it yourself.

Pretty sure all recent BMWs are assembled like that though.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Looks nice.

You need to find a vid like this one for your car if you want to do it yourself.

Pretty sure all recent BMWs are assembled like that though.
I've already had it fixed. For a $300 deductible so it was worth getting done by professionals/BMW certified shop. The real hard part was getting the right paint color matched. They probably went through at least 6 formulas working directly with BMW to get it right. Only 15 F80 M3s were painted in Java green for the US and its not exactly a color on hand. It's a price to pay for getting an a full individual color =p.

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hypothetically, a major dent was incurred directly relating to a dipshit b-fry dropping his ridiculously oversized desktop onto your rear-passenger quarter-panel. Is it cool to ask said-bro for half the repair cost?