What vehicle do you drive?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How are the interior rattles on that bad boy? I was looking at the M2 competition but got turned off by some reviews that mentioned rattles. Would be nice if they added some more available features to that model, like an electronic vs analog cockpit.
I have no rattles to speak of, but I'm coming from a Nissan/Infiniti, so my bar may be lower than yours!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, debating on some stupid shit like carbon fiber mirrors for the wife to get me for my birthday.

I was slightly debating on trying to drop it just a tiny bit for that lower profile look but I then remembered my work entrance has a terrible driveway for anything much lower than my car and I don't feel like scraping.

The blue is very nice, mine was white which isn't my first choice but saved me $5,500 so that they didn't have to bring one in from a different dealer. I don't hate white but I usually go with the gunmetal grey look.
I did get some cool custom fit floor mats. Only had them in for a month or so. Will see how they hold up in the dirty/rainy weather of south FL.

1582650007168.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, debating on some stupid shit like carbon fiber mirrors for the wife to get me for my birthday.

I was slightly debating on trying to drop it just a tiny bit for that lower profile look but I then remembered my work entrance has a terrible driveway for anything much lower than my car and I don't feel like scraping.

The blue is very nice, mine was white which isn't my first choice but saved me $5,500 so that they didn't have to bring one in from a different dealer. I don't hate white but I usually go with the gunmetal grey look.

If you’re looking to save money you can get your mirrors wrapped in carbon fiber for like 75 bucks, that’s what I did. Looks pretty much identical at a fraction of the cost

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you’re looking to save money you can get your mirrors wrapped in carbon fiber for like 75 bucks, that’s what I did. Looks pretty much identical at a fraction of the cost
Yeah, I was thinking about taking the mirrors and making them M4 ones at the same time.

I really wish that you could get color matched carbon fiber. I really want the weight improvement without looking like a tool in my white car with a black trunk lid.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I was thinking about taking the mirrors and making them M4 ones at the same time.

I really wish that you could get color matched carbon fiber. I really want the weight improvement without looking like a tool in my white car with a black trunk lid.

Yeah I gotta admit that with the exception of small trim pieces like mirrors and accents, carbon fiber on larger parts like the trunk look too pimp on a white car. Looks much better on a blue/black/grey car.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
That 600SEL is built like a fucking tank. Sometimes you can get lucky and find bulletproof versions for sale.

My Pops friend was a Czech Mercedes mechanic whos specialty was buying a half dozen 600s at a time from Saudi Arabia, he would snap up the ones that were damaged in big sand storms, all the paint and glass trashed, they were dirt cheap salvage priced. He would repaint, swap the glass and add all the metal to meet US collision standards. They were always top of the line, every factory option so he could flip them for a very pretty penny. A fully loaded Mercedes is the national car of Saudi Arabia.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did get some cool custom fit floor mats. Only had them in for a month or so. Will see how they hold up in the dirty/rainy weather of south FL.

View attachment 251050

AA midpipe would be my suggestion. Downpipes require a tune or the car will stumble and throw codes (don't believe a manufacturer claiming otherwise) and if you tune it you void the engine warranty. Food for thought. The midpipe merges both banks and gets rid of most of the rasp/weedwacker sound, adding bass and smoothing the tone. And if you haven't already, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires all around.

• 1Solidarity

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have experience with dent repair? I agreed to fix a bro’s computer, and he hitched it off my rear passenger quarter panel.

8D0DA41F-8CC8-47CF-82B8-403B5D11AC71.jpeg

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have experience with dent repair? I agreed to fix a bro’s computer, and he hitched it off my rear passenger quarter panel.

View attachment 251359

That dent isn't something you can fix with suction cup.

You'll have to take the panel off and work it from the inside. Few hits from a rubber hammer might work.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did not love the M4 and the paddles but clutch, I can’t put my finger on it but it was weird. Cornering and shifting was awkward mainly.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They gave me a 116i as a replacement car. I miss my car.

After reading the papers it turned out to be a 120i.

Meh.

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My car waiting for a new front bumper:View attachment 251584

And its fixed:

Naamloos.gif

Have to love the attention they spent on both the interior and exterior. Car is nearly as clean then when I do it myself to prepare for the summer, and it takes me half a day at least.

Happy to have full insurance since the invoice was over 3500$.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users