What vehicle do you drive?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Forester is too big.
impreza is pretty big car, but it doesn't show, the interior is way more than a civic, but they're the same length, so theres really no issue parallel parking either, the subbie is just a bit wider, i have to practically park right up to the edge of the garage wall in the civic so wife doesn't slam the impreza into the door. it'll just "feel" heavy compared to a lighter car like a civic or focus.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ok. Put the Impreza on the list. They’re pretty solid for small car, peppy enough, the awd is fantastic in snow (not sure if nor’easters hit you much), they have the only B pillars the jaws of life can’t cut through (or were the only ones a few years ago) so you’re basically in a roll cage, one of the best cars for driver visibility, and fairly inexpensive. The test drives are what will sell you on them, they just feel so solid compared to other brands. (Wife is on her second Ford and they suck).
Impreza is already on the list but I wanted something maybe a little higher off the ground?

Mazda 3, Mazda CX-3, CX-30 and even maybe the CX-5 are on the list.

AWD isn't a must but I'd definitely rather have it than not have it. Southern RI gets a lot of snow and not a low of plowing.

Siliconemelons

VW Tiguan - it's a solid little SUV, tons of room inside and well priced and decent "modern classic" style that should not look overly dated for awhile

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Impreza is already on the list but I wanted something maybe a little higher off the ground?

AWD isn't a must but I'd definitely rather have it than not have it. Southern RI gets a lot of snow and not a low of plowing.

If you like the Impreza, but want something higher, checkout the Crosstrek. It's the crossover model, what I drive.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Check out the crosstrek then. It’s the Impreza with a lift kit. Mazda 3 is the same height or very close to a regular impreza, crosstrek is more like the cx line.

Subarus AWD can’t be touched, snow is so much fun to drive in. It’s one of the main reasons I’d like to stick with Subaru, they just need to come out with a beefier hatchback for my next one.

I still think you might want to check out a forester, if you’re looking at a cx5, they’re fairly close in size, maybe not as big as you’re thinking they are. My sister wasn’t interested in one until she test drove it on a whim, and it’s been her favorite car she’s ever owned.

Fucker

Log Wizard
If I knew what I wanted I wouldn't be... me.

Fuel economy is pretty important.

I honestly like my 2015 Ford Focus except the transmission fucking sucks and shudders constantly and when you go online it says it does that for everyone so it's not just me being a bad driver, though I admit I am a terrible fucking driver.

It's not you, it's the Ford. Ford puts dog shit transmissions in their passenger cars.

That's a complete lie.

Dog shit transmissions would be a huge upgrade to what they put in them.

Take a look at Toyota C-HR, or the larger RAV 4, Honda HR-V or the larger CR-V. Reliable, cheap to buy and to own, high resale value. KIA and Hyundai make a lot of small SUV's, but I have no experience with them.

If you want a sedan, the Honda Insight is pretty amazing. 55 MPG CITY, 49 MPG HWY. Cheap to buy, cheap to own. Put good snow tires on it for winter, and you'll be GTG.

If you don't drive a lot per year, anything 30MPG or thereabouts is fine and you won't have to hit gas stations often.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mist Mist why not a Tesla in your region and with a little bit of extra cash? The only thing stopping me was the range with me being rural.

She said she’s a shitty driver so she’d probably end up dead in a fiery lithium explosion the first week.

Actually, Mist Mist a Tesla might be exactly what you’re looking for.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
View attachment 254492

I am a tall dude and a BMW is pretty short to the ground, also it seems like North Carolina has very small parking spots. So as I try to get my body out of the car it scrapes there. So far it’s light and washable but I wonder if I need a stick on kick plate.

View attachment 254493
My foot is doing the same thing to that same exact spot as I maneuver out.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I knew what I wanted I wouldn't be... me.

Fuel economy is pretty important.

I honestly like my 2015 Ford Focus except the transmission fucking sucks and shudders constantly and when you go online it says it does that for everyone so it's not just me being a bad driver, though I admit I am a terrible fucking driver.

So, yeah, something with decent fuel economy that can still accelerate off a stop without feeling like a clunker. Also something safe because I'm a terrible fucking driver.

Ride the bus, please.

Siliconemelons

Ehh my electric charger is outside my house...aint seen no hobo tesla owners plug in while I am not looking or anything.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Jeep hinges are the only logical answer here.
Need to install these doors on the M2.

1584463747647.png

• 1Solidarity