What vehicle do you drive?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I was about to put a deposit on this Panamera GTS but good ol' Corona has made the near future unpredictable at best. Sucks

2508d160b63b4db19f2cfe6c9d02d38a.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If I had a garage I'd invest in an expensive car but I might just go with the Impreza.
if you're worried about the low impreza scraping, don't worry, i took the impreza through nj and ny with crazy pot holes and hills and speed bumps, doesn't look that bad.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
if you're worried about the low impreza scraping, don't worry, i took the impreza through nj and ny with crazy pot holes and hills and speed bumps, doesn't look that bad.
I'm more worried about transporting a family member to and from physical therapy appointments.

Siliconemelons

Wonder of COVIDCRAZY will allow me to get a sick deal on a car... found a certified XC90 within my state that I like...price is close to trigger pull price...but all this virus lockdown crap makes getting into a handful of year loan...not really what I want to do.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm more worried about transporting a family member to and from physical therapy appointments.
if you're worried about how tall the vehicle is, it's lower than my civic and taller at the same time, it also "sits" higher when i plop my ass in the civic it almost seems like my ass will hit the ground, the impreza is like getting in a computer chair.

however if you want to transport ppl more, maybe like others said, the crosstrek cuz it will be higher, and getting in and out would be easier, but the interior cab (space) will be the same.

i mean go test out both? not like anyone gonna be buying a car now

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder of COVIDCRAZY will allow me to get a sick deal on a car... found a certified XC90 within my state that I like...price is close to trigger pull price...but all this virus lockdown crap makes getting into a handful of year loan...not really what I want to do.

Uh....the market will swing up again, you know. And, it will likely happen in a year. Lending rates for what I do are lower than they've been in 20 years. What's the car lending rate you're looking at, at the moment?

Siliconemelons

Eh rate is eh...its just I dont really need a 300-400$ additional month payment if something shittastic happens... like if we do loose our jobs (both education, so unlikely...but well...this entire thing is stupid) - we have 2-3 months cash in bank - so while before I was like, sure toss 4-6k down to lower my monthly just for convenience and put that back into savings over a few months. However now I do not want to touch the cash.

My local credit union is 2.9-3.5% my experian is 798 and should go back over 800 proper next update, no idea the other 2 "real" credit numbers - my creditkarma is like 825+.

Jan and early Feb Volvo was offering any CPO car a rate of 0.9% - currently they are just offering 0.9% on the S90 CPO's that are 2018-2020..."until March 31st" so I am going to wait to see what the next offering is- if it matches the vehicle I want or back to the any CPO @ that rate.

I was thinking I may just call Volvo Financial up and ask them what the next plan is, or if they are going to follow most other auto makers and have stupid crazy finance deals.

My "deal" is mostly on straight up price- not just the financing part... sure financing cant be insane lol.

I annoy most car dealers because I will come in looking at a XC60 @ 18k that I want for 15k or a XC90 @ 29k I want for 26k... they are like "How about this XC60 with more miles and less features for 14k! that meets your budget!" no- my "budget" depends on the car lol -I do not shop by monthly payment.. sure any dealer can get me into SOMETHING for almost any X per month price...

Then the "where did you get that price!" - from a buncha forum price paid posts, and research on car prices throughout all venues and nationwide, how long its been listed (or RE-listed)..why? where did you come up with your asking price?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's not you, it's the Ford. Ford puts dog Khorum transmissions in their passenger cars.

That's a complete lie.

Dog Khorum transmissions would be a huge upgrade to what they put in them.
Plot twist.

My vehicle had multiple recalls and TSBs (including this one) and my dealer randomly called me, desperate for work, so they came and picked up the vehicle, charged everything recall/TSB related to Ford and only charged me for the 2 front brakes that needed replacing.

Now it actually drives like a normal car.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Needing to put 93 gas in my BMW sucks balls. Gas is $1.50 for regular and $2.50 for the 93 and it’s annoying.

I get 26 MPG in it right now which is way better than the approximately 12 MPG in the 68 Camaro.

Siliconemelons

Needing to put 93 gas in my BMW sucks balls. Gas is $1.50 for regular and $2.50 for the 93 and it’s annoying.

I get 26 MPG in it right now which is way better than the approximately 12 MPG in the 68 Camaro.

I remember when each step was 0.05...then 10...now around here is 20 to 50... sad

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Put regular gas in that thing. It doesn't require higher octane gas.

Siliconemelons

Put regular gas in that thing. It doesn't require higher octane gas.

They (manufacture) - "require" high octane so they can use the "better" gas numbers in HP and MPG...

Sure the initial computer may also be "tuned" to it, but give it a drive + on/off cycle and it will adjust its mix to normal octane...