What vehicle do you drive?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
After 14 years I finally upgrade from the Tundra after abusing it to a 2020 GMC 2500 Duramax.

As long as my wife and I keep vehicles probably next to last vehicle Ill own and I am 46 lol.

61789960521__897985B0-8775-48B5-8992-31DB7446E758.JPG

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wifes car buying has me with the itch. Kinda thinking about getting a older 370z, ideally maybe like a 12-14 ish in age with 15-40k miles to try and get it in at a decent fuck around price point. Just a 2ndary fun car as I don't always like driving my bike anymore and I loathe driving my tundra now unless I actually need to haul something.

Need to do research on major issues, any updates in certain years that matter etc. But like a tundra, they are horrifically outdated with still that same shitty LCD gauge pod cluster w/ a clock even on a 2020.

Going to resist the urge to turbo it up, best I'd do is try to help suspension a bit.

Anyone with any strong 370z opinions or info?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Despite what all the JDM weebs think, the 370z does not have the GT-R engine. It's not going to handle boost the same way and it's not going to be as robust. It's a deep, dark rabbit hole of money if you are trying to make that car uber fast. You may as well start with a better platform (Corvette, Mustang, 6.4 Challenger, or an actual GT-R). A good sounding exhaust, some KW suspension, and better tires and consider it done. It's a great sports car. Just don't try to over do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wifes car buying has me with the itch. Kinda thinking about getting a older 370z, ideally maybe like a 12-14 ish in age with 15-40k miles to try and get it in at a decent fuck around price point. Just a 2ndary fun car as I don't always like driving my bike anymore and I loathe driving my tundra now unless I actually need to haul something.

Need to do research on major issues, any updates in certain years that matter etc. But like a tundra, they are horrifically outdated with still that same shitty LCD gauge pod cluster w/ a clock even on a 2020.

Going to resist the urge to turbo it up, best I'd do is try to help suspension a bit.

Anyone with any strong 370z opinions or info?
I owned a 2010 40th Anniversary for just over 7 years and it was flawless. Never gave me a single issue. Nissan's VQ engine sounds terrible at high revs is probably my only complaint. Was a really fun car to drive, though.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wish KIA would hurry the fuck up and release the pics/specs of the new Stinger. Trying to decide if I should lease a 2021 or just go super economical and buy an older Toyota or something. Getting tired of my Mercedes (great vehicle, but I'm just so fucking over all SUV/Crossover vehicles looking exactly the fucking same).

Rumor is only a 3HP gain and the interior is basically the same, aside from a larger infotainment system. Apparently they're losing all analog features too (really fucking hate pure electronic dials and such). So, it's going to depend on what the facelift brings and the features.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Shiny. Please tell me you do some serious hauling

Haul my dads 32' camper but wife actually wants to buy a fifth wheel camper this coming year! The tundra I had would get a little wonky with cross winds with the 32' behind it. Also should add 3 people, supplies, and two full size 4 wheelers in the same haul.

• 1Like

Sludig

Despite what all the JDM weebs think, the 370z does not have the GT-R engine. It's not going to handle boost the same way and it's not going to be as robust. It's a deep, dark rabbit hole of money if you are trying to make that car uber fast. You may as well start with a better platform (Corvette, Mustang, 6.4 Challenger, or an actual GT-R). A good sounding exhaust, some KW suspension, and better tires and consider it done. It's a great sports car. Just don't try to over do it.
I did say resist going wild. Because you are right, I don't want a money pit. No car will be fast now that I ride bikes.

But I did want just manual fun with something that doesn't Rev hang as bad as the veloster rally and has at least comparable performance to my Volkswagen r32 I had.

Sludig

Also on the wife front. Cx-5 grand touring reserves seem to be pretty slim picking used. 19/20 model. Not sure how much that improves on next year or she's already kinda edging towards new. Usually avoid it so I've lost all strategy, she wants to use a buying agent. I figured closer to end of year especially if 21s start rolling by then.

Smarmy dealer acted like they couldn't get them in act now!!!! When we went to confirm we liked it in person. Of course somehow the new model in show room had line 2 hood chips and visible scratches all the fuck over from some retarded wash monkey. So if we shop new, we will go far afield to find a better dealer.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did say resist going wild. Because you are right, I don't want a money pit. No car will be fast now that I ride bikes.

But I did want just manual fun with something that doesn't Rev hang as bad as the veloster rally and has at least comparable performance to my Volkswagen r32 I had.

You're right, compared to bikes it'll definitely feel pedestrian. But, there are still plenty of options for a fun manual. I always tell myself I'll go mild with mods, but its very hard to resist. Some how, the mods always win...

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
That's a hell of a truck. To me, either that, or a Ford truck, are the best vehicles on the planet.

Thanks!

I really wanted the Dodge 2500 with a Cummins but the transmission are such a crap shoot. At least the Duramax is a great engine but paired with the Allison transmission it is almost godly. I should see zero issues from the power plant of the vehicle for the life of it. I drove powerstrokes for a long time at work and they are okay but don't tend to last as long as the other two. Another selling point is I watch a youtube channel with a body shop guy that pulls frames and of the three GMC was by far the strongest frame of the group followed by Dodge then Ford last. The guy complained he had to work way harder day and half and longer to fix the GMC compared to the last truck a F450 he fixed before lunch.

I honestly never thought I would purchase an American Manufacturers truck after having my Toyota so long but they refuse to make a 3/4 to 1 ton series. The technology in the truck is pretty top rate but scares me if stuff starts failing and I have to repair it so I opted for the extended warranty to 120k miles to cover that stuff. The extended paid off for the Toyota as I got a water pump, 3 door locks, drive shaft and some bearings replaced under it.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So these are the summer wheels.
IMG_20200404_143647.jpg

Since the wife's 2010 Mazda 2 has 140k km on it and I've always wanted a Tesla I've gone and bought a Volkswagen e-up. Delivery planned for Q2/2021.

Yeah I'm too poor for a Tesla. /sadface

(I had tried to get the wife to go electric with the family car already but that was a nope. So she gets the Octavia and I'll get my electric. After the Octavia is used up, 8-10 years from now, I should be able to afford a family electric.)

• 1Like

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2013 Ford Focus ST with basic off the shelf tune to make it just a little bit "funner."

They had a great thing in the ST but like clockwork didnt want to put that little extra to make it market crushing like a little bigger turbo, a dedicated LSD and the 2.3l engine. But of course those cocksuckers come out with the RS which is like 20k more for 500 in parts. Assholes.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I bought a thing today.

View attachment 278217

2018 Ram 1500 Laramie, with crew cab. Holy shit, it's a nice truck. Got it for half price, just over a year old, 19000k on it.

I have the exact truck and year, but a different color. I've been meaning to tell you something about it but keep forgetting. You may know this, but figured I'd mention it anyway.

If you do a lot of driving at 50mph and under there's something that might bother you that you can sort of fix. The engine is great and has gobs of power. But the 8 speed transmission up shifts way too fast and you'll be in 5 gear at like 32mph. Pretty sure I'm in 7th gear around 42/45mph and it feels bogged down all the time. Obviously it's to help with fuel mileage and tries to keep you're monster engine at 1200rpms all the time.

What makes it much worse is that the engine actually cuts off 4 cylinders very quickly as well. Basically if you aren't giving it gas and speeding up it will quickly kill half the engine. So you might be in 6th gear at 35mph with half your engine not even working. Give it a little gas and the whole engine fires back up. Coming from work trucks for the past 20 years, this has really bugged me because you have a 400hp truck that gets royally neutered by the programming. It turns into a full size truck being powered by a 4cyl engine most of the time. Once you start paying attention to the shifting and the 4cyl cut off it can really start to bug you.

You can take the truck somewhere and get it all reprogrammed, but your warranty is void.

So, on the right side of your steering wheel you can control what gear you're in (sort of). Either right when you put it in drive, or while you're driving, hit the negative button and it will basically lock you into that gear. Now hit the positive button and select the highest gear you want it to go up to. If you're going to be driving under 55mph, choose 7 for the max gear. Under 40mph , I pick 6th gear.

The biggest benefit is that it actually overrides the programming that cuts off 4 of your cylinders. So it stays in 8cyl mode all the time. Your truck power will be night and day difference. You'll have your instant power back, which was why you bought the truck in the first place.

Lots of people don't notice it during a test drive. After they live with the truck for a year, they get pissed at the power lag and sell the truck. That's likely how you got yours for cheap. If you haven't driven your truck like I mentioned above, you're going to be happy when you try it out.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
2013 Ford Focus ST with basic off the shelf tune to make it just a little bit "funner."

They had a great thing in the ST but like clockwork didnt want to put that little extra to make it market crushing like a little bigger turbo, a dedicated LSD and the 2.3l engine. But of course those cocksuckers come out with the RS which is like 20k more for 500 in parts. Assholes.

I'm perfectly fine with what my FiST has to offer. It is so damn fun to drive, I just wish that UPS wouldn't have lost the downpipe that would have got me Stage 3.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I have the exact truck and year, but a different color. I've been meaning to tell you something about it but keep forgetting. You may know this, but figured I'd mention it anyway.

Didn't realize at all, and I'll give it a go. Much appreciated.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
After 14 years I finally upgrade from the Tundra after abusing it to a 2020 GMC 2500 Duramax.

As long as my wife and I keep vehicles probably next to last vehicle Ill own and I am 46 lol.

View attachment 289347
Oooo denali hd. Niceee. I've had my d-max for 11 years. Love it. I got the last year before urea bullshit.

Need to level that shit, remove fender flares and throw some black xd series wheels on it.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Thanks!

I really wanted the Dodge 2500 with a Cummins but the transmission are such a crap shoot. At least the Duramax is a great engine but paired with the Allison transmission it is almost godly. I should see zero issues from the power plant of the vehicle for the life of it. I drove powerstrokes for a long time at work and they are okay but don't tend to last as long as the other two. Another selling point is I watch a youtube channel with a body shop guy that pulls frames and of the three GMC was by far the strongest frame of the group followed by Dodge then Ford last. The guy complained he had to work way harder day and half and longer to fix the GMC compared to the last truck a F450 he fixed before lunch.

I honestly never thought I would purchase an American Manufacturers truck after having my Toyota so long but they refuse to make a 3/4 to 1 ton series. The technology in the truck is pretty top rate but scares me if stuff starts failing and I have to repair it so I opted for the extended warranty to 120k miles to cover that stuff. The extended paid off for the Toyota as I got a water pump, 3 door locks, drive shaft and some bearings replaced under it.
Door locks will def fail you. I've replaced 6 total maybe at this point. Unfortunately my allison's valve bodies fucked up. That was a 4k repair..

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users