What vehicle do you drive?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I doubt buying even in 2021 will be smart.

The manual only comes in the smaller engine currently anyway, so maybe by next summer we'll see a nice v6 manual option.

Siliconemelons

Wouldn't buy one until they've been in production for a couple years.

If it's Ford and all new platform, give it a year or two yes... well that's good general advice for all makers...yet I myself have had tons of 1st year generations...Jimmy, Jeep Grand Cherokee and heck even the XC90 I just got...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hnnnnnng I think I really want one of these new Broncos. Manual trans, removable doors, mirrors mounted to frame?

View attachment 285313
Got a few pre ordered, unless dealers are marking these up (which they may, like the retards they are) I'll grab one in the Spring. It's 2020, if one of the largest manufacturers of automobiles in the world can't get it right on launch, something is seriously fucked in the auto industry. This isn't Tesla, it's Ford. Hopefully they come off the line right - buying this as a toy anyway to replace my sports car...

Really anxious to see what the package costs are - the one I want to keep is the Badlands version, but with upgraded engine and high package. I'm hoping its under $50k

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a few pre ordered, unless dealers are marking these up (which they may, like the retards they are) I'll grab one in the Spring. It's 2020, if one of the largest manufacturers of automobiles in the world can't get it right on launch, something is seriously fucked in the auto industry. This isn't Tesla, it's Ford. Hopefully they come off the line right - buying this as a toy anyway to replace my sports car...

Really anxious to see what the package costs are - the one I want to keep is the Badlands version, but with upgraded engine and high package. I'm hoping its under $50k

They messed up the GT350 engine pretty bad for the first several years. Every manufacturer has misses. That's what warranties are for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My new Crosstrek Limited is cool but I wish I could have waited for the 2021s with the bigger engine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yea I doubt buying even in 2021 will be smart.

The manual only comes in the smaller engine currently anyway, so maybe by next summer we'll see a nice v6 manual option.
Yeah a lot of firsts for Ford in that model that will need to be shaken out. I don't off road but still intrigued me.

Wife is at 140k on her juke and looking at a replacement. Terrified of snow, there's no reasoning with her, insists on awd. She Can't tell me difference between awd/4wd and of course is lost on the nuance between like a Subaru sti awd vs so many of these cheap shit boxes that have very poor implementation that rarely really gets used.

And around here we really only have 3-4 real bouts of snow a winter. And anything reasonably bad she works from home already....

After resisting a year ago she's Gung ho on a 4 runner which is funny as I've soured on it with it being as out of date as my tundra, horrifically overpriced. Rides like shit, sure reasonably good off road etc, but all she needs is something for doing 60 miles a day mostly highway......

She's also fallen in love from YouTube videos on the palisade/telluride. She's a blind brand snob so she poo poos on honda /Mazda for no reason and only had nissan/hyundai because of quirky vehicles that caught her eye. (we have a veloster rally as well)

She really just needs a car but insists on something bigger than the juke, but the newer Mazda cx30 really seems to fit the bill better than all these 3 row boxes. Reasonable cargo, better than 20mpg of the others. That's my vote. She's also mildly interested in the bronco now lol. Since we are trying to wait another year or two im hoping there's some other good new car releases or at least let current cars we like start hitting used market.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Yeah a lot of firsts for Ford in that model that will need to be shaken out. I don't off road but still intrigued me.

Wife is at 140k on her juke and looking at a replacement. Terrified of snow, there's no reasoning with her, insists on awd. She Can't tell me difference between awd/4wd and of course is lost on the nuance between like a Subaru sti awd vs so many of these cheap shit boxes that have very poor implementation that rarely really gets used.

And around here we really only have 3-4 real bouts of snow a winter. And anything reasonably bad she works from home already....

After resisting a year ago she's Gung ho on a 4 runner which is funny as I've soured on it with it being as out of date as my tundra, horrifically overpriced. Rides like shit, sure reasonably good off road etc, but all she needs is something for doing 60 miles a day mostly highway......

She's also fallen in love from YouTube videos on the palisade/telluride. She's a blind brand snob so she poo poos on honda /Mazda for no reason and only had nissan/hyundai because of quirky vehicles that caught her eye. (we have a veloster rally as well)

She really just needs a car but insists on something bigger than the juke, but the newer Mazda cx30 really seems to fit the bill better than all these 3 row boxes. Reasonable cargo, better than 20mpg of the others. That's my vote. She's also mildly interested in the bronco now lol. Since we are trying to wait another year or two im hoping there's some other good new car releases or at least let current cars we like start hitting used market.

Seems you have done well with your Nissan, as I have with all mine.

The new 2021 Rogue looks cool and has a ton of stock features and available AWD.

Why a Telluride? You want 3 rows or is it just because it's the /in/ car for middle - upper-middle soccer moms (gratz Kia on getting this title, bet sales are good)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems you have done well with your Nissan, as I have with all mine.

The new 2021 Rogue looks cool and has a ton of stock features and available AWD.

Why a Telluride? You want 3 rows or is it just because it's the /in/ car for middle - upper-middle soccer moms (gratz Kia on getting this title, bet sales are good)
She preferred palisade and it's purely based on looks plus awd. We don't have kids either.... Hence saying she just needs a car.

I don't think Nissan is on the table. I only like the gtr, and while nothing major she's had a fair few things replaced. Water pump or fan motor, just last month the turbo, losing her mind in the first year for some kind of rattle and noise.

I mean I guess the 400z is coming but that's be for me if I sell my tundra.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My new Crosstrek Limited is cool but I wish I could have waited for the 2021s with the bigger engine.

Did you test drive the Forester too? It has that engine they’re putting in the crosstrek. Would help with knowing if you really would have cared or not. If you did and didn’t really notice the power difference from the crosstrek, you may not really care.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are finally doing a new Z eh

Hopefully. Nissan is in dire straits financially, however. It would be pretty terrible if they cut corners and went cheap on things as a result.

But, a 380-400 HP, RWD relatively small/light sports car would be cool, if there's a manual option. Price it well ($39,000 roughly) and it should sell well.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Thought I'd put it in this thread. A local man crashed his F40, first time it had been driven in 5 years apparently.

Ferrari crash'.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

It will only be 1.2 second faster to 60 with the 2.5l engine. 9.2s to 8s. Not a whole lot to worry about.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will still be worth a half million or more and is worth repairing. Someone will fix it.