What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sticky note with F.O.H. and today's date and something snarky written on it, in front of your $400,000 toy or it didn't happen :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I currently drive.... a piece of crap.

I was hit last week on LBJ here in Dallas. Other drivers fault. Rental car has me going from driving my Caddy CTS Vsport, to a Hundai Accent...

When I'm in it I keep feeling like I should be looking to grab a blue turtle shell I could throw at someone and watch out for banana peels on the road.

It's like a car that you think "Well, if I replant it, feed it and water it, let it get plenty of sun, maybe in 2-3 years it will finish growing into a real car...."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

I was hit last week on LBJ here in Dallas. Other drivers fault. Rental car has me going from driving my Caddy CTS Vsport, to a Hundai Accent...

When I'm in it I keep feeling like I should be looking to grab a blue turtle shell I could throw at someone and watch out for banana peels on the road.

It's like a car that you think "Well, if I replant it, feed it and water it, let it get plenty of sun, maybe in 2-3 years it will finish growing into a real car...."

I've also been hit by somebody on LBJ - fucking Dallas drivers

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

I'm very happy that I very rarely if ever get on LBJ. :).

Now, Woodall Rogers, fuck you.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I end up on 75, Woodall, 30, 114, and the DNT a lot... 35 and 635 basically never...

I rarely get on those two but it never fails that I end up behind a wreck when I do. Plus common decency and logic go out the window for 96% of the drivers on those highways, it's like some shit from Mad Max.

Mandriana

2019 Toyota Rav4 XLE gas/electric hybrid.

Owned for almost a year now, very enjoyable to drive (the previous vehicle was a base model 2007 Toyota Corolla), thus far I have no complaints.
Rav4 Hybrid 2019.jpg

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I rarely get on those two but it never fails that I end up behind a wreck when I do. Plus common decency and logic go out the window for 96% of the drivers on those highways, it's like some shit from Mad Max.

Driving defensively while also cruising at 85mph is a normal north Texas driving experience, sir.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I end up on 75, Woodall, 30, 114, and the DNT a lot... 35 and 635 basically never...

I will admit that when possible I just pay the toll and use the LBJ Texpress lane, but living right at 35/LBJ I don't easily get the option to just avoid it.

Relevant:
1599408431260.png

• 1Worf

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cross posting, but wife is getting a cx5 or 30 early next year. The nose and long hood on the new models are so svelte. She kinda admitted red is great but neurotic about not buying red so looking at dark blue which is good but not as eye catching as the sultry dark red. Her excuse is the paint cups easy according to a fb group but that might be most of their paint setting the shape of one car at the dealer that was new with a chip or two in it already.

There's a new carbon version next year that might be hot though no photos yet I don't think. Saves money over the top two trims while keeping the turbo. Unfortunately she's done her usual start lower then talk herself into thinking she needs everything from the top trim. In this case being the 2 tone upgraded interior primarily. I do admit the carbon lacks cooled steats which seems like a great thing unless they suck like some brands do I hear.

Almost splurge purchased a 5k old audi TT in mostly good shape. Fortunately it sold in a day. Been almost tired of riding motorcycle with this year's heat and distance of my commute is a drag in my tundra. I should run it to death but at 90k miles there's a ton of life left. I just find myself needing truck capabilities a lot less than when I first bought my house. Seems tempting to take the 20k or so value and go full retard on a c8 or just put half down on a vw golf R or something. Let of exciting cards that should be out in the next year or two as well though. Maybe the z400 will drop 370s enough to just get one as a toy on top of the truck etc.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Offtopic but... has the used car market behaved oddly in the time of COVID? I ask because I just did a KBB value check (and looked at some dealer prices) and it seems the value of my car (a 2018 CPO) has gone up since I bought it almost a year ago? Does that at all make sense? Maybe I just got a better deal than I realized.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cross posting, but wife is getting a cx5 or 30 early next year. The nose and long hood on the new models are so svelte. She kinda admitted red is great but neurotic about not buying red so looking at dark blue which is good but not as eye catching as the sultry dark red. Her excuse is the paint cups easy according to a fb group but that might be most of their paint setting the shape of one car at the dealer that was new with a chip or two in it already.

There's a new carbon version next year that might be hot though no photos yet I don't think. Saves money over the top two trims while keeping the turbo. Unfortunately she's done her usual start lower then talk herself into thinking she needs everything from the top trim. In this case being the 2 tone upgraded interior primarily. I do admit the carbon lacks cooled steats which seems like a great thing unless they suck like some brands do I hear.

Almost splurge purchased a 5k old audi TT in mostly good shape. Fortunately it sold in a day. Been almost tired of riding motorcycle with this year's heat and distance of my commute is a drag in my tundra. I should run it to death but at 90k miles there's a ton of life left. I just find myself needing truck capabilities a lot less than when I first bought my house. Seems tempting to take the 20k or so value and go full retard on a c8 or just put half down on a vw golf R or something. Let of exciting cards that should be out in the next year or two as well though. Maybe the z400 will drop 370s enough to just get one as a toy on top of the truck etc.

Mazda has the best red. Looks so good.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mazda has the best red. Looks so good.
I know, I'm pushing her hard on it. But I've always had red vehicles mostly and she buys blue. Trying to tell her to go by gut reaction on seeing a color in 3 seconds of looking the car. I think their red creates more of a reaction on seeing it. The dark blue, dark grey are both nice, but still kinda standard.

Did go drive it today, not anemic, but certainly not exciting in the turbo, but a good fit for her.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1600976624605.png

2020 Kia Stinger GT2 - I wanted Gray, but they are almost impossible to find in my podunk, rural town, no matter the color.

• 3Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Red looks good.

How much did you get it for? I was going to go look at those in a couple months to see if there were any bargains to be had.