What vehicle do you drive?

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
It’s awesome. I had a S2000 a few years ago. This feels like that but with 525hp. And the sound....anyway I highly recommend if you want a crazy sports car.

2EA4FD80-7839-4631-82D9-439D0949718B.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My Japanese car was sourced 60% from CANADA. A large portion came from Detroit. I think maybe 12 or 13% actually came from Japan. It was actually assembled in Ohio.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My Japanese car was sourced 60% from CANADA. A large portion came from Detroit. I think maybe 12 or 13% actually came from Japan. It was actually assembled in Ohio.

Oh yea?! Well my American car has the best Engine Mexico could build!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, the line of what a domestic car is is quite blurry. Hyundai's sold in the US are largely manufactured and assembled in the US. So their parts are manufactured here, and it's not expensive to fix them like it used to be to fix "imports."

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My wife's 2019 CRV is nice as shit. Sitting in the back seat as an adult fucking sucks, though. Those rear seats and shocks are very uncomfortable for passengers. Fine for kids and carseats. Tons of rear storage, great mileage, acceleration, etc.

When we had our CRV, I noticed the same thing. Other than that, a great car. But because I've given up on life, we now have an Odyssey mini van now. Wife was super excited it came with a vacuum. Weird to get that excited about it, but ok!

Also, my model S is less than a year old and those bastages came out with a huge refresh for the first time since 2012 :p /slightly rustled

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When we had our CRV, I noticed the same thing. Other than that, a great car. But because I've given up on life, we now have an Odyssey mini van now. Wife was super excited it came with a vacuum. Weird to get that excited about it, but ok!

Also, my model S is less than a year old and those bastages came out with a huge refresh for the first time since 2012 :p /slightly rustled
The fuckin Odyssey has a faster 0-60 than my Civic. For a minivan you literally couldn't do better. Best on the market by miles. I don't plan on having enough kids to warrant a van, but I grew up with Caravans (Voyager, etc). Drove an 89 Aerostar XLT for years. Miss that thing.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Torn on how to address my wrap on jag that will need replaced. Options are 1k to seller, he'll deal with taking it to the wrapper and getting it removed/buffed. 2: I take it to the wrapper, $900 to remove and buff. 3: I get a heat gun and give a go at removing it myself and then potentially need to take it for paint correciton anyways.

I think Im between option 2 and 3. 2 Because I'm not financing another grand and right off the bat I'm saving 100 + cashback though it's money I need upfront sorta rather than putting down on the car in the first place. 3: I think is an option, talking to the wrap shop they said it's only about 2 years old, at most has 10k miles on it and garaged so I figured it's unlikely to be baked on bad, worst case scenario is again I take it to someone to get buffed and possibly some paint correction.

Next first world problem, 2 sets of black jag wheels, thinking I'm going to color one of them so that I'm not 100% murdered black like some contrast. (And far cheaper than playing with another full body wrap/dip/etc)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Torn on how to address my wrap on jag that will need replaced. Options are 1k to seller, he'll deal with taking it to the wrapper and getting it removed/buffed. 2: I take it to the wrapper, $900 to remove and buff. 3: I get a heat gun and give a go at removing it myself and then potentially need to take it for paint correciton anyways.

I think Im between option 2 and 3. 2 Because I'm not financing another grand and right off the bat I'm saving 100 + cashback though it's money I need upfront sorta rather than putting down on the car in the first place. 3: I think is an option, talking to the wrap shop they said it's only about 2 years old, at most has 10k miles on it and garaged so I figured it's unlikely to be baked on bad, worst case scenario is again I take it to someone to get buffed and possibly some paint correction.

Next first world problem, 2 sets of black jag wheels, thinking I'm going to color one of them so that I'm not 100% murdered black like some contrast. (And far cheaper than playing with another full body wrap/dip/etc)

You better watch some videos on how long that takes, it is extremely time consuming. Also, if you're not familiar with the process it is very easy to burn the paint/plastics. With the heat gun as well as the buffer. I've seen a lot of inexperienced people ruin the paint and body on their boats and cars.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You better watch some videos on how long that takes, it is extremely time consuming. Also, if you're not familiar with the process it is very easy to burn the paint/plastics. With the heat gun as well as the buffer. I've seen a lot of inexperienced people ruin the paint and body on their boats and cars.
I certainly won't be looking to buff myself. I am decent I think with a heat gun from other uses in the past, theoretically it's not super hot so I can even use a blowdryer on high but even slower. I've done some watching/reading on kinda how the peel should go and not just yank it off whilly nilly though most seem to say it's more of an issue for non factory paint.

I can't get the thing until like 3rd week of feb, so I'll be stewing on it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sold the Ridgeline last spring. I thought they were hitting the bong pretty hard with the cash they offered.

Sold the 911 for more of the bong wafting extremacy.

...and the F250 is gone. More bong wafting pricing.

I have no vehicles! But then it doesn't matter until my knee and ankle heals. Then...a Honda Insight.

• 1Barf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is being unveiled later today. I've had little interest in electric to date, but this one has definitely whet my appetite.

Looks great. Still not sold on electric vehicles. The production cost exceeds ICE and the power grids around the world are dirty as hell still, so there's no net positive environmental impact. Hydrogen makes so much more sense than electric.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Looks great. Still not sold on electric vehicles. The production cost exceeds ICE and the power grids around the world are dirty as hell still, so there's no net positive environmental impact. Hydrogen makes so much more sense than electric.

I'm not sold on them either, but primarily for reasons related to limited distance before recharge-- it's just a limitation that's unnecessary when gas vehicles are available. That being said, I almost never take road trips or drive long distances, so it doesn't really matter, and I rarely keep a car beyond it's warranty date, so reliability or battery longevity doesn't really matter. This Audi simply represents the first electric vehicle that doesn't look "electric" or boring to me (it looks fantastic), with a cool interior that doesn't totally dispose a traditional interior for a Tesla style autopilot spaceship. Been looking for something to trade my 2018 S5 in for, and this may be it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Did you see the prices? Looks like it's just a Taycan in Audi clothing.

It does share the same platform as the Taycan I believe, with a number of differences. I've seen conflicting info though whether this will debut at 75k or 100k MSRP though.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It does share the same platform as the Taycan I believe, with a number of differences. I've seen conflicting info though whether this will debut at 75k or 100k MSRP though.
Audi e-tron GT quattro Premium Plus: $99,900

Audi e-tron GT quattro Prestige: $107,100

Audi RS e-tron GT: $139,900

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well...the M2 was fun while it lasted. I just traded it in for a 2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E. The Beamer was out of warranty, and while fun as hell to drive, not really practical for the things I want to be doing in our new house(house projects, woodworking stuff, etc).

• 1Like