What vehicle do you drive?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Screw the convertible. They're more fun to think about than to own, and I've had a couple. Up your budget a little and get this.

Put an intake on 500 Abarth and it sounds like a rally car. It's pretty crazy how wild it sounds after such a small mod.

Zhavric

Molten Core Raider
Would really like to drive a Dodge Challenger. Rented one a while back and had a blast driving it. They're a bit pricey for me. Any recommendations on alternatives?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would really like to drive a Dodge Challenger. Rented one a while back and had a blast driving it. They're a bit pricey for me. Any recommendations on alternatives?

A Miata?

For a real answer, one would probably need:
a price range (what you would like to spend and max you would ever go)​
can it be used?​
if used is ok, are you ok dealing with a private seller (because it will be cheaper if you take the time to do the homework)?​
The current Challengers are one of my favorite looking cars of the last 30 years, but yea, it is still a Dodge. Also, I hear visibility is shit in it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anyone driven the new TLX? Curious if it’s worth a shit or just another dressed up Honda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I know two people with Challengers and they seem to be built okay. Their cars are only 3-4 yrs old, but no issues so far. If I was in the market for something like that I wouldn't be too worried. Pretty sure they have a 7yr/70k mile engine and powertrain warranty.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The trouble is, if you buy a Dodge, then you own a Dodge. I'd never buy one.

LUL I use memes as facts.

FCA from 2016+ has better quality than Ford or Chevy. Nothing wrong with Dodge and they are good bang for the buck when it comes to performance (unless you want to turn on a dime).

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Worst car I've owned (quality / reliability) was a 94 Jaguar XJ 6. Apparently Ford made it, and it *showed*. Pretty much everything failed on it.

Been driving the same car for 21 years (1st gen Honda Insight), but it's finally dying, battery pack has been offline for a year. So today I snagged a smells like new Model S. Price was dropped twice recently, to $69,420 (Elon humor I guess), range was increased up to 406ish, totally worth it. Going from a broken hybrid doing 1-60 in 3.5 minutes, to this thing is just a crazy upgrade. It feels like I put in a cheat code while driving on the highway.

Daughter is playing the driving game on it, but has no interest in actual driving. So different from when I was growing up, couldn't wait to be allowed to drive. Mah freedoms.
IMG_20201209_153418.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Worst car I've owned (quality / reliability) was a 94 Jaguar XJ 6. Apparently Ford made it, and it *showed*. Pretty much everything failed on it.

Been driving the same car for 21 years (1st gen Honda Insight), but it's finally dying, battery pack has been offline for a year. So today I snagged a smells like new Model S. Price was dropped twice recently, to $69,420 (Elon humor I guess), range was increased up to 406ish, totally worth it. Going from a broken hybrid doing 1-60 in 3.5 minutes, to this thing is just a crazy upgrade. It feels like I put in a cheat code while driving on the highway.

Daughter is playing the driving game on it, but has no interest in actual driving. So different from when I was growing up, couldn't wait to be allowed to drive. Mah freedoms.View attachment 322539

Gross. Teslas are cars for poor liberals.

Be a better example for your kids.

• 2Bullshit
  • 1Dislike
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I know he's a gold donor and all, but can we ban him from the non-politics threads please?

• 1Salty

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I know he's a gold donor and all, but can we ban him from the non-politics threads please?
Don't be a salty bitch about it. Go sell that shit and buy a real car. Be a good father bro.

#hardpillstoswallow

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone has experience with Jeep Compass?

Interested in the +/- of the recent ones.

Fucker

Log Wizard
LUL I use memes as facts.

FCA from 2016+ has better quality than Ford or Chevy. Nothing wrong with Dodge and they are good bang for the buck when it comes to performance (unless you want to turn on a dime).
Ford quality is nearly bottom of the barrel for anything not truck. I saw a new Lincoln SUV and two new Explorers and they looked like they were assembled by 1st graders. Things are so bad at Ford they are making their suppliers foot a large chunk of the bill for warranty repairs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is that the one you ended up getting? RWD or AWD version? Color looks great too.
16, 16k miles awd. Its a wrap that photo is from the company that did it. Not sure how old but it's got to go. Aside from the dildo looking cat, the wrap has failed at the front of the car and is all tattered.

Gloss black and supposedly ppf under wrap. Not sure if I'll ceramic and leave or do a wrap in something crazy. I don't get in until next month, the seller is out of state so now its an impatient wait.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Getting that glue off is going to be a huge undertaking. Going to need to be removed, polished and waxed.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Getting that glue off is going to be a huge undertaking. Going to need to be removed, polished and waxed.
Yeah, the deal is supposed to be 47k as is, or 48k if he takes it to the wrapper who supposedly would remove and clean up and I think maybe a low end ceramic it for a grand. I need to call and talk to them to clarify the exact situation and whatnot. Or as much as it'd be nice to not finance the extra thousand, pay him to do it, though I think at that point I've still technically bought it, so.... if nothing else, right now markets been going up and anything similiar as far as age miles etc is closer to 54+.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
A thousand would normally barely cover the front end. Getting the whole car done? It was around $600 just to have my hood and front bumper.