What vehicle do you drive?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the deal is supposed to be 47k as is, or 48k if he takes it to the wrapper who supposedly would remove and clean up and I think maybe a low end ceramic it for a grand. I need to call and talk to them to clarify the exact situation and whatnot. Or as much as it'd be nice to not finance the extra thousand, pay him to do it, though I think at that point I've still technically bought it, so.... if nothing else, right now markets been going up and anything similiar as far as age miles etc is closer to 54+.
If you're going for that, do it right. 1k to clean that bullshit up aint doing it right.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Whats your best thoughts for a low mile, 2-3 yr old, used, ~ $25,000 SUV? Roomy, features, leather seats?
Are we talking CRV or Suburban? Price range I'm thinking maybe something from Toyota. 2-3 year old Tahoe and Explorers are in the $35-45 range.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
We're thinking about a Kia Niro. Anyone know anything about them? Also considering Kia Seltos.
Don't. They're surprisingly overpriced. My mom had a 2019 Palisade that was nearly $100 more per month than a loaded 2018 Suburban. Kia had issues straight off of the dealership. I wouldn't buy anything from Kia save maybe the Genesis sedan. And even then, overpriced.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A thousand would normally barely cover the front end. Getting the whole car done? It was around $600 just to have my hood and front bumper.
I was under the impression it was a discount for being a former customer getting it on in the first place. (and using it for marketing it looks like)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
A thousand would normally barely cover the front end. Getting the whole car done? It was around $600 just to have my hood and front bumper.
That's been my problem.... I want to get my car wrapped, but I'm too cheap a bastard to do it.

What I drive :
IMG_20180531_170319.jpg

Proposed wrap:
1611460262253.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Don't. They're surprisingly overpriced. My mom had a 2019 Palisade that was nearly $100 more per month than a loaded 2018 Suburban. Kia had issues straight off of the dealership. I wouldn't buy anything from Kia save maybe the Genesis sedan. And even then, overpriced.

I thought the same thing about Hyundai, but ended up buying one, and have had it for more than 10 years with nothing but regular maintenance. They're also some of the very few of the available vehicles with manual transmissions. And the Kia SUVs are really reasonable, they all start under $25K.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Reasonable and good are two totally different things. Hyundai is an entirely different company. They don't bloat their product with shit that fails like Kia. Just a generic reasonably reliable vehicle like Honda, but not quite Honda. Lately Hyundai has been poking Honda for most reliable all around, while being 5-10% cheaper. If I had the extra dollars, I'd still go Honda or Toyota.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Honda has started using Yamaha transmissions instead of their own since 2016 (for auto, manual is still Honda), so still have yet to see the reliability data there. Yamaha definitely industry leaders on the CVT, so we'll see.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Reasonable and good are two totally different things. Hyundai is an entirely different company. They don't bloat their product with shit that fails like Kia. Just a generic reasonably reliable vehicle like Honda, but not quite Honda. Lately Hyundai has been poking Honda for most reliable all around, while being 5-10% cheaper. If I had the extra dollars, I'd still go Honda or Toyota.

It isn't just the purchase price that keeps me away from something like Toyota, it's repair cost. Hyundai and Kia are manufacturing parts in this country now. The repairs are simply cheaper. So, cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain, and better warranty. All Hyundai's now come with free maintenance for 3 years or 36,000 miles. That's just remarkable.

I dunno. None of the Ford/Chevy vehicles excite me, and they're all just huge.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
All I hear as stories from people who don't buy honda or toyota is problems of all the shit breaking the day they cross 100k miles.

Meanwhile I just look at my 300k on a toyota and say man, getting oil changes regularly sure is rough.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Whats your best thoughts for a low mile, 2-3 yr old, used, ~ $25,000 SUV? Roomy, features, leather seats?
Impossible to beat the 2018 redesign of the Honda CR-V. Excellent vehicle in all respects for its class.

• 1Barf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Impossible to beat the 2018 redesign of the Honda CR-V. Excellent vehicle in all respects for its class.
My wife's 2019 CRV is nice as shit. Sitting in the back seat as an adult fucking sucks, though. Those rear seats and shocks are very uncomfortable for passengers. Fine for kids and carseats. Tons of rear storage, great mileage, acceleration, etc. Definitely get decent tint, it'll help a lot on cooling. In mid Texas, parking in the driveway, takes a minute to cool down inside even with light colored cloth seats. In winter though, the ball sweat heated seats are awesome.

Fucker

Log Wizard
My wife's 2019 CRV is nice as shit. Sitting in the back seat as an adult fucking sucks, though. Those rear seats and shocks are very uncomfortable for passengers. Fine for kids and carseats. Tons of rear storage, great mileage, acceleration, etc. Definitely get decent tint, it'll help a lot on cooling. In mid Texas, parking in the driveway, takes a minute to cool down inside even with light colored cloth seats. In winter though, the ball sweat heated seats are awesome.
I'm fine in the back of my GF's. I'm not a small guy either. It is no luxobarge that's for sure though. Then again, damn near everything I've ever owned had a jiggly ride so that colors my response a bit. I was surprised how much room they put in their vehicles. Her AC is frosty as hell. It hits 90F++ here and it works like a champ. Parking in the sun all day, everything takes a bit to chill down though.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess we'll avoid the discussion about why you bought a car from an Indian company over a US one.
Nothing is American hardly, owned by produced out of country. My tundra was more American than a f150. Arguably the f types were originally made while the company was ford owned i believe, the engine is after all basically from a mustang. Coworkers give me shit for buying a British mustang though a comparable gt350 more expensive.