What vehicle do you drive?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
OKC kansas or OK proper? Tempted to come about oklahoma if my eife goes full work from home and my contract job actually pays more out there. Albeit i imagine most federal agencies all in the biggest city and Ive seen a suprising amount of urban wildlife vids from the state.
We're outside of OKC proper, up around Edmond out by a lake. You can be 10 minutes from downtown here and live out in the country with a few acres fairly pain-free. Other than the weather (horrible snow storms every few years and windy/cold winters; hot as hell in the summer with relatively high humidity and tornados every half decade or so) its a pretty fine place to live. Good people, salt of the earth and friendly. Still reminds me of the old Okie-homie in a lot of ways, much more so than North Texas where I grew up, which is becoming Austin-North more by the hour... Also, we've got a ton of good restaurants here now, which seemed to sort of happen overnight. My office is close to the OSBI (OK State Bureau of Investigation) and it's still like 15 minutes from pure country roads and farmland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We're outside of OKC proper, up around Edmond out by a lake. You can be 10 minutes from downtown here and live out in the country with a few acres fairly pain-free. Other than the weather (horrible snow storms every few years and windy/cold winters; hot as hell in the summer with relatively high humidity and tornados every half decade or so) its a pretty fine place to live. Good people, salt of the earth and friendly. Still reminds me of the old Okie-homie in a lot of ways, much more so than North Texas where I grew up, which is becoming Austin-North more by the hour... Also, we've got a ton of good restaurants here now, which seemed to sort of happen overnight. My office is close to the OSBI (OK State Bureau of Investigation) and it's still like 15 minutes from pure country roads and farmland.
I've never known much about the state or had any incentive, but we are kinda looking for hard conservative that's not as bad as day Montana but does sound like a serious mix of weather challenges. Wife hates people so property more rural but still good road access ideal. Obviously i like to get out and drive hard and i also have a Superbike. But super hot summers or weeks of snow on the ground sucks. Co is at least dry heat and our winters are mostly dry.

Losing all my toys to flood or tornado is imposing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
OKC kansas or OK proper? Tempted to come about oklahoma if my eife goes full work from home and my contract job actually pays more out there. Albeit i imagine most federal agencies all in the biggest city and Ive seen a suprising amount of urban wildlife vids from the state.
if it's kansas, we have to shut down w/ 1inch of snow,

BECAUSE OF THESE PEOPLE!!!

also no one remembers the real Defender?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've never known much about the state or had any incentive, but we are kinda looking for hard conservative that's not as bad as day Montana but does sound like a serious mix of weather challenges. Wife hates people so property more rural but still good road access ideal. Obviously i like to get out and drive hard and i also have a Superbike. But super hot summers or weeks of snow on the ground sucks. Co is at least dry heat and our winters are mostly dry.

Losing all my toys to flood or tornado is imposing.
Anywhere in the Midwest is going to have the weather extremes. Shitty hot humid summers, cold af and snowy winters. The tornadoes, while scary are a small area when they hit. Yeah if you get unlucky it really sucks, but the odds of getting hit by one are really low.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anywhere in the Midwest is going to have the weather extremes. Shitty hot humid summers, cold af and snowy winters. The tornadoes, while scary are a small area when they hit. Yeah if you get unlucky it really sucks, but the odds of getting hit by one are really low.
Shitlibs take all the nice places. Might need to resume investigating idaho and heard western Wyoming actually pretty nice

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea i don't comment about living in kansas and tornadoes cuz i don't want to be smite by lulz, one time my grill, yes, for food, was in my neighbors backyard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shitlibs take all the nice places. Might need to resume investigating idaho and heard western Wyoming actually pretty nice
I have a friend in Idaho, if you can find somewhere in the valley away from cities the weather there is really mild all year long and there’s a lot of outdoors shit to do.

yea i don't comment about living in kansas and tornadoes cuz i don't want to be smite by lulz, one time my grill, yes, for food, was in my neighbors backyard

I’ve been close to several. Had three of them that were touching and pulling up pass right over me. Watched two of them as they passed over, the power of them is scary.

My sisters house got hit 25 years ago, lost pretty much everything. It did some weird shit. It lifted up their water bed bladder on the second floor, blew the entire frame away and set the bladder right back down completely unharmed and full of water. We also had some trees in town that got stuffed with gravel somehow. They had a lot of trouble when trying to chop them up for removal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i like this detailing area, nice and organized
051b8cc9b9e0edb2b7ac7858e68a273c.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The largest cities are getting stomped by people from Cali/Oregon. HUGE real estate price jumps all the way from Nampa to Idaho Falls and everything in between. Idaho is out unless you have a lot of money, and if you have a lot of money, there are better places to live.

My GF's sister bought a small house a single handful of years ago, paid $70k+ for it. She will make at least $300k on it. There are no listings for houses in my price range because they are gone before they hit MLS or a day or two after. I've never seen anything like it.

New house, tiny, in a McSubdivision: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/10280-Longtail-Dr-Nampa-ID-83687/2071240602_zpid/ Sure, a Californian might think that's cheap, but these were cheap as hell not too long ago.

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sold my Ducati Streetfighter in February before I moved back to Jacksonville, because I never rode it and honestly it was far too fast for how I ride.

Just picked up a 2015 Suzuki S40 Boulevard, way more my style. Don't have plans yet to chop it up/bob it, but I think I need a seat that lets me sit a smidge further back.

20210504_194009.jpg

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sold my Ducati Streetfighter in February before I moved back to Jacksonville, because I never rode it and honestly it was far too fast for how I ride.

Just picked up a 2015 Suzuki S40 Boulevard, way more my style. Don't have plans yet to chop it up/bob it, but I think I need a seat that lets me sit a smidge further back.

View attachment 353258
Light bikes are easy to ride. I quit caring about specs or power a while ago. I'm going to grab one of these after I move. Nice thing about trail bikes? No F150's or Kenworths to kill you. I'll throw a rack on it and go camping.

19_xt250_sandybeige_s3.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Light bikes are easy to ride. I quit caring about specs or power a while ago. I'm going to grab one of these after I move. Nice thing about trail bikes? No F150's or Kenworths to kill you. I'll throw a rack on it and go camping.

View attachment 353266
Technically the S40 is heavier, lol. The Ducati only weighed 350? and the Suzy is 388 ish, but the seating position, everything is more for me.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Technically the S40 is heavier, lol. The Ducati only weighed 350? and the Suzy is 388 ish, but the seating position, everything is more for me.
I was talking about light bikes in general.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This morning I was driving my 2020 F-250 Platinum, with a sticker of about $81,500. With used trades what they are, I said fuck it, traded it in for basically sticker and got a (dont laugh) 2020 Honda CR-V with 6,000 miles. Saved my self *$50,000* that I can put in index funds. And saved almost $80/month in car insurance. I've legitimately struggled with the idea of not driving a fancy vehicle, and getting a grandma car. But the reviews on the CR-V are all great, and it has all the tech I wanted (adaptive cruise control and CarPlay, I'm simple.)

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This morning I was driving my 2020 F-250 Platinum, with a sticker of about $81,500. With used trades what they are, I said fuck it, traded it in for basically sticker and got a (dont laugh) 2020 Honda CR-V with 6,000 miles. Saved my self *$50,000* that I can put in index funds. And saved almost $80/month in car insurance. I've legitimately struggled with the idea of not driving a fancy vehicle, and getting a grandma car. But the reviews on the CR-V are all great, and it has all the tech I wanted (adaptive cruise control and CarPlay, I'm simple.)

Life's too short to drive boring cars. But, cool beans. You'll be back when you realize why some cars are better than others.

• 2Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Life's too short to drive boring cars. But, cool beans. You'll be back when you realize why some cars are better than others.

Truthfully I'm trying to make only great financial decisions. The $50,000 I saved will be $118,000 in a decade. Plus I'm trying to get to zero debt so I can "retire."

Fucker

Log Wizard
Truthfully I'm trying to make only great financial decisions. The $50,000 I saved will be $118,000 in a decade. Plus I'm trying to get to zero debt so I can "retire."
I had some cool hardware, but at this point all I want is something that drives well and doesn't get on my nerves. I know a few people who went in the same direction, too. Seems like at my age, car lovers start splintering off into 3 groups; people who had nice cars but no longer care about the flash and the speed, people who still have nice cars because they love them, and people who buy Lamborghinis like we buy a can of soda.

I retired from having to work at a fairly youngish age...and I think it was a wise decision. I'm not wealthy, but nicely well off, and I have a lot of the one currency that can never be earned but always gets spent. Investing wisely early tends to have a snowball effect, and you won't miss those cars 15 years from now or whatever anyway....but you'll appreciate have a pile of options waiting for you in the bank when you get older.

CR-V is a nice enough SUV. My GF has the new model and it's fine. It's not scintillating or dazzling, but it's a fine Point A>B vehicle. That's all she cares about.

Besides, the wealthiest person I know drives one of these:

fn.jpg

• 1Worf

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Since the wife's 2010 Mazda 2 has 140k km on it and I've always wanted a Tesla I've gone and bought a Volkswagen e-up. Delivery planned for Q2/2021.

Yeah I'm too poor for a Tesla. /sadface

(I had tried to get the wife to go electric with the family car already but that was a nope. So she gets the Octavia and I'll get my electric. After the Octavia is used up, 8-10 years from now, I should be able to afford a family electric.)

So things happened and the e-up I mentioned has a shitlong delivery time that kept extending, I canceled that and bought this instead.

IMG_2905.jpeg

• 2Like