What vehicle do you drive?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck that. Start and rev in order to ensure you offend that snow flake.
I’m not typically one to intentionally offend, but any EV owner that is offended by normal engine noise is a virtue signally tool.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I definitely would have rev'd the shit out of it. I'm typically a considerate individual but if someone goes out of their way to say some dumb shit like that to me I'm going to push it to the limit.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I definitely would have rev'd the shit out of it. I'm typically a considerate individual but if someone goes out of their way to say some dumb shit like that to me I'm going to push it to the limit.
*You watch as Hekotat calmly walks to his car, gets is Sawzall out of the back and proceeds to cut the cat off his car. He then throws the cat and the Sawzall on the ground, gets in, and starts the car up with the straight pipe sound directly from the engine. As he drives away you hear him shout "Fuck you, and I'll do it again"*

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck that. Start and rev in order to ensure you offend that snow flake.

I’m not typically one to intentionally offend, but any EV owner that is offended by normal engine noise is a virtue signally tool.
You guys do realize the EV owner said nothing, this was the sales guy thinking he's being funny. Jesus christ, calm down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You guys do realize the EV owner said nothing, this was the sales guy thinking he's being funny. Jesus christ, calm down.
Or he could have seen an EV owner get offended in the past. Calm down Elon.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I recall a while back, there was a mod you could put on a Tesla to give it ICE engine noise and revs.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I recall a while back, there was a mod you could put on a Tesla to give it ICE engine noise and revs.
Borla is developing an exhaust sound system for EV's and includes tail pipes. Why not? A lot of car manufacturers plumb in fake engine noises on ICE cars...might as well cash in.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Borla is developing an exhaust sound system for EV's and includes tail pipes. Why not? A lot of car manufacturers plumb in fake engine noises on ICE cars...might as well cash in.
I thought about getting something like this early on, but fuck i got very used to the quiet. Quiet makes me happy.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why not the Flintstones sound effect for when they get the car going?
Tesla drivers are all millionaire liberals, obviously, so Musk needs a "support your local arts" subscription package were you get a trombone player to sit in the backseat on your daily commutes.

• 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tesla drivers are all millionaire liberals, obviously, so Musk needs a "support your local arts" subscription package were you get a trombone player to sit in the backseat on your daily commutes.

Trumpet for me thanks.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sorry, the Trumpet players are reserved for the "authentic artisanal" car horn package. They go in the passenger seat and upgrading to both packages allow for HOV lane u
After 100k you unlock the "Miles" Davis achievement, and your generic_trumpet_2 gets a jazz solo

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I thought about getting something like this early on, but fuck i got very used to the quiet. Quiet makes me happy.
Drove a friends loud corvette the other day and I felt so self conscious about the noise it made even though it sounded awesome... very used to being stealth, haha.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didnt find my shitbox 3rd backup car yet, took a break for a month while I mess w/ how far I want to modify the mustang.

Decent deals on AWD few and far between and my concern is ice not snow , so I think AWD less important than it was in colorado 10" blizzards.

Like no good priced corolla/civic other common shitboxes, but I've seen a few focus hatchbacks including flex fuel so I can run E85 which is a lot cheaper, and for a shitbox I'm less caring if it eats it up quicker. Red one seems like better deal for miles but I dont think has Flex fuel. Anyone have any focus input other than boring and according to a friend shit transmission (longevity or shift characteristics I;m not sure what he meant) test drove this black one and it at least could get going decent enough I wont want to kill myself getting on the highway.

The only awd I've seen I might consider is this Fusion Titanium with bells and whistles? But I thought I remember hearing about more issues. Many awd options locally are jumping into 18-20 mpg biggish suvs that do nothing for me.

I swear shopping bottom of market used cars is more frazzling not eating a grenade than buying something nice.

1668482255928.png

1668482285114.png

1668483008901.png

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didnt find my shitbox 3rd backup car yet, took a break for a month while I mess w/ how far I want to modify the mustang.

Decent deals on AWD few and far between and my concern is ice not snow , so I think AWD less important than it was in colorado 10" blizzards.

Like no good priced corolla/civic other common shitboxes, but I've seen a few focus hatchbacks including flex fuel so I can run E85 which is a lot cheaper, and for a shitbox I'm less caring if it eats it up quicker. Red one seems like better deal for miles but I dont think has Flex fuel. Anyone have any focus input other than boring and according to a friend shit transmission (longevity or shift characteristics I;m not sure what he meant) test drove this black one and it at least could get going decent enough I wont want to kill myself getting on the highway.

The only awd I've seen I might consider is this Fusion Titanium with bells and whistles? But I thought I remember hearing about more issues. Many awd options locally are jumping into 18-20 mpg biggish suvs that do nothing for me.

I swear shopping bottom of market used cars is more frazzling not eating a grenade than buying something nice.

View attachment 443095
View attachment 443096

View attachment 443102

Tires > awd/4wd.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users