What vehicle do you drive?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
But I wanted to address the customer part of it, depending on what part of the country you will be traveling to do not buy a Toyota. I'm not exaggerating, places like Michigan you will lose business with people if you pull up in a Toyota, they are zealots in this regard. Southern rural areas it doesn't seem to matter to the same extent but the upper midwest it really does.

I had thought of this previously, I'll be around west texas and eastern NM. Thanks

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
None. Sorry.

If you're interested in a certain make/model, just research that via owner's forums. Mass media sites are garbage. If you're interested in a certain segment of car and don't know what exactly, just ask here.

Also, to piggy-back on what Heko said; go into a dealership knowing what you want and not listening to anything they say. Almost nothing from a sales reps' mouth is the truth. If there's a car you saw, that you want to buy, start with 10%. As a rule of thumb, that's near enough to invoice pricing. Don't ever say you have a budget, either monthly or all-in. That's just ammo for them to use against you. YOU need to know that, but they don't. Anyway, ask here, we have the info.
Best way to get the best deal is knowing what you want to pay with papers and research on hand so sales guy and sales manager understand what the fuck is going on and avoid playing games.

last day of the month is a real deal. Managers want to sell more than triple the average on weekends because it makes them look good on paper.

This industry is still run by a vague push for glory.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best way to get the best deal is knowing what you want to pay with papers and research on hand so sales guy and sales manager understand what the fuck is going on and avoid playing games.

last day of the month is a real deal. Managers want to sell more than triple the average on weekends because it makes them look good on paper.

This industry is still run by a vague push for glory.

That's a good point. Last week(end) of the month is generally better for buying. As is the last week of the last month of each quarter. And, to throw something else out there; 2017 models will start arriving in September, so dealers will want to move 2016 cars more.

When it comes to Toyota and Honda, pick the one you like the looks and interior of better. Both cars are built to last and will be more reliable than average. I'd also say, pick larger engines, but that's a personal preference. I hate cars that can't get out of their own way.

Achaeus

Trakanon Raider
I just bought a Certified Elite Pre-Owned 2015 BMW 435i. 6 thousand miles and 12k off the sticker price. Let someone else take the depreciation and buy something one year old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I just bought a Certified Elite Pre-Owned 2015 BMW 435i. 6 thousand miles and 12k off the sticker price. Let someone else take the depreciation and buy something one year old.

Had that exact car estoril blue - loved that car

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After test driving the 2016 Highlander and 2016 Pilot, we liked the Pilot better.

It just felt a lot more spacious and had better visibility.

Now ... how to make the price/financing go down ...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Will fellow Honda dealerships fight for my biz?

Can I turn them against one another?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bruh, I thought I told you to get an Odyssey!

• 1Islamic

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I want another minivan so goddamn bad!

Wife, man. She's cockblocking my minivan dreams!

• 1Rustled

Siliconemelons

The new pilot is a friggen mini van with less convenient doors.... and costs more lol.

Test drive a pathfinder also, the newly revised (facelift) one is coming out soon - and Nissan deals WAY more than Honda...and well Toyota (in my area) does NOT no matter what.

For example of what you should pay for a Nissan www.jenkinsnissan.com - they pretty much advertise the lowest cost and actually give it to you - my Quest was 9-10k off MSRP. The rest research Edmunds forums for actual posted prices paid.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
The new pilot is a friggen mini van with less convenient doors.... and costs more lol.

Test drive a pathfinder also, the newly revised (facelift) one is coming out soon - and Nissan deals WAY more than Honda...and well Toyota (in my area) does NOT no matter what.

For example of what you should pay for a Nissan www.jenkinsnissan.com - they pretty much advertise the lowest cost and actually give it to you - my Quest was 9-10k off MSRP. The rest research Edmunds forums for actual posted prices paid.
ew nissan.......

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i drive a 2005 dodge grand caravan- worked well until recently, now the AC is shot, time to get a new one since this one is 12yrs old. have 3 kids - 15 12 and 12 so need to get something with either a 3rd row seat or be wide enough so they can fit semi comfortably, on our recent road trip across country ( i had to rent a car due to the AC breaking 2 fucking days prior to the trip) i had a kia sorento that had a 3rd row- car drove well (drove 3400 miles in 12 days) and the only quirk on the car was the passenger door which would not open on the first pull most of the time(from the outside) it would take 2-4 hard yanks before the door would open) i've started looking at possibly leasing something for 3 year term then financing the payoff post 36 months. i've briefly looked at the smaller/standard size suv's (sorento, rav4, terrain, etc) while researching, also have looked at some minivans looking at pricing, if it comes in a hybrid option (i average 7k miles a year driving) . mostly i am going to want ~200-300 a month payment for 3 years.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
so i drive a 2014 hyundai santa fe the dealer where i got it from called me to day and asked if i wanted to trade it in for a new 2017 hyundai elantra it would lower my monthly payment by $150 seems like a good deal to me i don't mind the smaller car and i don't have to put any money down. would any of you guys do it?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
so i drive a 2014 hyundai santa fe the dealer where i got it from call me to day and asked if i wanted to trade it in for a new 2017 hyundai elantra it would lower my monthly payment by $150 seems like a good deal to me i don't mind the smaller car and i don't have to put any money down. would any of you guys do it?
did they extend your loan to 96 month? that's how dealers lower your payments.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
re the no budget thing:

i am planning on leasing for 3 yrs for ~200-300ish then once the lease is up, finance the buyout for 5 or 6 years, most of the cars i have looked at are in the 225-325 range(all of the suv's and minivans i have looked at) for a 36 month lease...