What vehicle do you drive?

There are other practical issues with the stupid mother fucking wagon wheel fad. Hint: there's a reason track cars don't use low profile tires.

Anyway, appreciate the suggestions - unfortunately I just can't fit a full size (which is now apparently all, what the fuck) pickup/SUV. Like the Titans are cool but mother truckers aremassive, I probably couldn't even park it at work. Fuck a base F150 now is retard size. I think the Colorado is a pretty big pickup all considered but *shrug*.
Titan ex cab is same size as a Tacoma bro

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't want to spend 30k making a 1500$ beater truck tho.

Are either of those options remotely worth it?

Siliconemelons

I don't want to spend 30k making a 1500$ beater truck tho.

Are either of those options remotely worth it?
IMO used Nissan Frontier or Titan - both are getting new generations soon (Titan first) and should drive down used costs some- same with the Tacoma however. Trucks now days seem to actually have a healthy used market and thus are actually higher cost- finding a decent used truck that is not to costly for its age/miles can be difficult sometimes.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Well it's notthathard to import them, it's just that they're near impossible to register and use on the road. Every registered vehicle basically has to be released in the US or a close version of a vehicle released in the US that adheres to (the minimum) of US safety regs. This is under the guise of 'safety' but we all know it's the auto manufacturers desire to keep their exports out of the market because it would show just how fucking fleeced we were getting domestically for decades.

There are 'tricky' ways of doing it, such as salvage titling for replacement VIN and declaring it something similar to a US market release, being in the diplomatic corps, taking a compatible/identical US release frame and VIN and swapping a body onto it, etc.
You can import anything 25 years or older without having to jump through any of those hoops. Everything you listed is for newer cars.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Vehicle shopping again with a little more gusto. Feel less manly looking at sports cars or semi sports cars like the 370z with an auto but I guess that's life. Kind of suprised there are that many autos on the lot.
Automakers have been trying to phase out manuals for years, there's still just enough of us left to keep them from doing it. I miss the glory days, when this country was obsessed with speed.

Recent generations don't seem to give a shit about cars or even cruise anymore, it breaks my heart.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Recent generations don't seem to give a shit about cars or even cruise anymore, it breaks my heart.
I never understood the obsession with cars. Its a fucking appliance, do I need to be excited about my toaster?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I never understood the obsession with cars. Its a fucking appliance, do I need to be excited about my toaster?
How many toasters give you freedom? Do you sit at the toaster using it for hours a week or sometimes hours a day?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How many toasters give you freedom? Do you sit at the toaster using it for hours a week or sometimes hours a day?
So if a car gives you freedom, what does being obsessed with a car give you? And why is the freedom any different on a shittier car than a fancier one? The freedom to go wherever is the same so why be obsessed over it?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Still waiting for an explanation why a car is something to be obsessed over
JFC you are miserable. What does obsession have to do with basic choices? I'm not 'obsessed' with sunglasses but I need them and I made a conscious decision to choose ones that are functional and look cool instead of just 'the cheapest shit'.

Unlike a lot of my friends I am very 'distanced' from my cars but I still get enjoyment out of them and put significant value in aspects that other drivers don't care about (or may buy but never use). You're not even worth explaining the obvious reasons why a new touring sports car is more engaging to drive and safer than a 20 year old shitbox, it's up to the individual to put a price on everything in life. Doesn't mean it's 'obsession'.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also I'm pretty fucking excited about my toaster because it cost $15 and toasts bagels better than the expensive one it replaced. Am I obsessed?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
JFC you are miserable. What does obsession have to do with basic choices? I'm not 'obsessed' with sunglasses but I need them and I made a conscious decision to choose ones that are functional and look cool instead of just 'the cheapest shit'.

Unlike a lot of my friends I am very 'distanced' from my cars but I still get enjoyment out of them and put significant value in aspects that other drivers don't care about (or may buy but never use). You're not even worth explaining the obvious reasons why a new touring sports car is more engaging to drive and safer than a 20 year old shitbox, it's up to the individual to put a price on everything in life. Doesn't mean it's 'obsession'.
Are you retarded? You dont see the post I was replying to originally?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
2nd largest purchse most people will make in their lifetime, let's not talk about them or research or whatever.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
2nd largest purchse most people will make in their lifetime, let's not talk about them or research or whatever.
You also have issues reading like Palum does? Here let me explain it for the clearly mentally deficient:

Hekokat said that it breaks his heart that people dont seem to give a shit about cars anymore and that he misses the days when the country was obsessed with speed. I asked why anyone needs to be obsessed with what amounts to be an appliance.

And now you two butt pirates appear to be mad about something. Its like i've been transported to a seat on a short bus and the two of you are sitting next to me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just ignore wormie, I'm fairly certain the dude only posts to stir up shit. Much like the house buying thread. Cut the shit man. Why are you even compelled to post in a thread that you obviously don't care about?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just ignore wormie, I'm fairly certain the dude only posts to stir up shit. Much like the house buying thread. Cut the shit man. Why are you even compelled to post in a thread that you obviously don't care about?
Now its 3 people butt hurt over nothing.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Justboughta Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD. Never thought I'd buy a Cadillac but after test driving the Audi A4 (I couldn't get the sign-off for a S4 from the Mrs. since she's never had that type of power before *sigh* and it wasn't comfortable for her; the power is equal to the other competitors driven, women make no sense sometimes), a 335i, and a left-over Merc C350, it was apparent the Germans are being equalled by their American counters. All were priced very similar to the ATS, so price wasn't really a factor. The ride, comfort, quality (out of an American brand, wow), and performance of the Germans were beaten by the ATS, which is baffling. I looked online at numerous reviews, and most reviewers said pretty much all the same. Slightly slower than the 335i, but severely outhandles it. Technology-wise, it has more features than the rest (the HUD is such a small thing, but I don't think I could have a car wthout it now). Only downside is the CUE system is, so-so (not as inuitive, slightly slower performance wise; it did not lack features thanfully). The iDrive system was amazing, but they've also had 10+ years to perfect it.

I am just in shock that out of all german comparables, the ATS (in my opinion) was the best over-all.. From a damn domestic brand... I wish they still made the G-series Infinitis, still the best performance small sedan car I've ever owned. The Q is NOT the replacement by any stretch.