What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
What year is that and do you have any more pictures?

That's a 2008, the first year of the 200 series. I have a mild lift and a bit undersized tires now. I have everything ready to go to swap over to smaller wheels with more tire, but instead of spending $2k on tires I'm going to use it for my move. These tires will have to last until I'm settled this summer, then I'll go to 34" nitto ridge grapplers.

Here are some more shots:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I've owned 3 subies over the years and loved them all. They were perfect for living in New England and could do anything. I would plow through snow that had trucks and SUVs stuck every winter. Don't need them now in Texas, unfortunately. But, I dont think they make a car I'd want anymore, which is too bad. I used to love their gusto for performance models.
subie was amazing in NJ, it's even better here in shitty kansas.

why? they don't know how to plow for shit and they think salt is just for food.

this famous accident is from here

• 1Mother of God

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a 2005 Legacy GT. Oh wait, I still have a picture lying around:

View attachment 246745

Great car. Had a COBB access tune. Thing made 290HP with just the flash.

Sold it in 2008 for an 08 Mustang GT. Kinda wish I had kept it but would've definitely been gone by now.
My 2003 legacy is still kickin ass. I really like that car even if it still smells like my wet dog I had 6 years ago. Only downside for me, no BT or AUX so I have to use headset for music !
Love the license plate btw, I hope ppl call you Duke.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My 2003 legacy is still kickin ass. I really like that car even if it still smells like my wet dog I had 6 years ago. Only downside for me, no BT or AUX so I have to use headset for music !
Love the license plate btw, I hope ppl call you Duke.

Metra 71-8901 Reverse Wiring Harness for Select Subaru Vehicles OEM Radio

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yes why? The 10 speed? The f150 has it...

I am contemplating a truck- but the "small ones" - ranger, Tacoma, the GM ones. and... a... ridgeline?

Here me out on this... I want a "truck" but it's 90% people moving and 10% junk haul, home depot run... and apparently the ridgeline is essentially made for this. Has a way better looking interior and apparently rides like a nice SUV...because it is...and has a bed... but is unibody.

I am going to troll CarMax and sit in a ranger and ridgeline and whatever else I see

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yes why? The 10 speed? The f150 has it...

I am contemplating a truck- but the "small ones" - ranger, Tacoma, the GM ones. and... a... ridgeline?

Here me out on this... I want a "truck" but it's 90% people moving and 10% junk haul, home depot run... and apparently the ridgeline is essentially made for this. Has a way better looking interior and apparently rides like a nice SUV...because it is...and has a bed... but is unibody.

I am going to troll CarMax and sit in a ranger and ridgeline and whatever else I see

Have you been inside a F150? The interior cab is amazing. It's so roomy. The backseat area is huge, so no one feels cramped. You can literally fold the rear seats up and lay down in the back. You can fit so much stuff inside. Front seats are roomy, comfortable, and ton of storage space.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm with Siliconemelons Siliconemelons on this. I love having a truck, but the f150s are just so huge. It won't fit in my garage, I don't think. I just don't need a truck that big. My little Ranger is perfect for my needs. It has been rock solid, giving me no trouble. I tow way over capacity, as long as you're careful with the brakes, no issues. The new Ranger is my hope to upgrade. It's bigger, but not big like an f150. I really would rather have a manual transmission, but I've been reading really good things about the 10 speed. It's more suited to a truck the size of a Ranger, it hasn't been spectacular in the f150.

I drove a friends Tacoma recently. It's a nice enough truck, but the sight lines suck. The hood is way higher than it needs to be. Makes a huge blind spot right in front of the truck. Just not necessary.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
1581082487002.jpeg

I have 3 of these 2001, 2003 and this one 2015

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

The F150, Siverado, 1500, Titan, Tundra are just too damn big.. look at their size in the 90's and then the 2k's... the current f150 is inches away if not inches over a 90's F350...

Anyone seen a F450 or was it 650? its a "mini" Semi, its hilarious.

The current Ranger is about the size of a F150 from 2k's maybe a wee smaller...

If I manage to convince my wife that a truck is good - the "big ones" wont happen...and also the 150, silverado, 1500's cost is "TOO DAMN HIGH!" *insert meme*

There are a bunch of 2019 Rangers floating around locally, and from reading prices paid forums- I should watch stock levels and end of March I should be able to get a Lariat for 10-13k off MSRP and that puts is where I want in price.

I still want a Volvo XC90..but I want a fairly loaded one...and I wont get one without a warranty (that I am willing to buy) because the reports on "modern" volvo reliability is A++++ or "OMG THE CHINESE SHIT ALL OVER VOLVO" so, I dont know what to trust and with all the gizmo's etc I dont wanna ever "pay" to fix it... my extended warranty on my wifes Infiniti qx60 has already paid for itself with 1 transmission sensor and driver airbag INSEAT? sensor fix.

If I get a truck, I still want the same lane keeping, blind spot stuff, cruise control etc...and I am factoring in extending factory for new or certified or 3rd party for trucks also..

As for the Honda Ridgeline, it has mixed reviews on "Is it /really/ a truck" and its more "TRUCKY TRUCK TRUCK" abilities not standing up to a F150 etc... yet... on the honda and ford sites- it compares the ridgeline to the ranger & tacoma & canyon, not the 1500, f150, tundra...

I am not mudding, I am not crawling, and heck, I am not even looking to tow anything near stated capacity of the ranger or ridgeline (5k-ish?) heck technically my QX60 has a rate to 5000lb tow..

And... Honda's are if anything stupid reliable...and that should follow in their truck...as...it yes...is a Pilot with its 3rd row and trunk replaced with a bed.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hondas are reliable, but the cost to repair is SO much higher than Ford or GMC. If I get a truck, it's going to be a domestic.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
my 2013 F150 still purrs. it had a weird electric transmission issue about a year ago. while driving, the dash would go dark and the truck would stick in 4th gear and rpms were barely above idol. all i could do is pull over and turn it off. put key back in, worked like normal. would happen about once a month, so i dealt w/ it for a while before taking it to the dealership. fixed under warranty and they extended my transmission warranty from 100k to 150k, i'm at 65k right now.

full 4 door so back seat has a ton of room. on a camping trip, i slept in the back w/ teh seats up and was very comfortable in my sleeping bag. i wish the bed was about 1 inch longer as some 8' boards from the hardware store are just a tad too long to close the tailgate.

my keyfob has crap range, so remote start requires me to be about 50' away or less. if i cared more i might go for some aftermarket alarm.

i intent for this to be my daily driver for another 100k. i live about 3 miles from work so i'm debating an electric scooter, more for fun.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
If you believe the reviews, the Ram 1500 shits all over the F150. Most truck buyers are extreme brand loyalists and have been buying the F150 forever and just continue to do so without testing the alternatives. I'm not a truck guy, but having sat in both a 2020 F150 and Ram 1500, the F150 seems cheap and the Ram seems pretty decent, but again, I wouldn't personally buy either

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
when I bought my f150, it was considerably cheaper than a similarly spec'ed ram (pretty much base + 4 doors and V8 over V6). The Chevy was closer in price, but i didn't like the interior at all on the Chevy. I love how Ram built tool boxes into the body around the bed, but it's a crazy upgrade cost.

Siliconemelons

The interior of the current new Ram 1500 is tiers above anyone else... next is...the Ridgeline but thats because it looks like a SUV (again I know I know)

the GMC/Chevy just looks...eh...if I was wanting a plain jane interior I would get a Nissan Frontier for a song.

• 1Like