What vehicle do you drive?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw a Carrera S 911 today, gorgeous, love it's spoiler more. Almost embarrased to drive around the guy since my F type is still in the ugly wrap it came with, appointment to fix it up isn't until next week. Peasants < Thug Type < Regal Porsche.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
So the GF is looking at either a rav4 or a cr-v, nothing new would prefer to stay under $25. Thoughts? I love my Tundra and therefor am leaning rav4.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So the GF is looking at either a rav4 or a cr-v, nothing new would prefer to stay under $25. Thoughts? I love my Tundra and therefor am leaning rav4.
CR-V is the business. My gf has the new version and I like it a lot. Cross shop them for sure.

At $25k might as well swing for a new one for only a few thou more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hah, that same video popped up for me today on YT. 964 C2 is definitely on the list, but the GT3 comes first.
I had a 964 C4. One of the few vehicles I kick myself in the ass for selling.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We just had a new rav for a rental and didn’t really like it as much as the last model but it was still fine. Drove nice enough just wasn’t as comfortable as the last one imo. I hated the engine idle start thing. You could turn it off, but man it was the most violent restart I’ve felt. If you weren’t pressing the brake hard it would jump forward. It’s one of the few SUVs I like the look of but I wouldn’t own it, just wasn’t really impressed with it at all. If you’re getting used though maybe look at the last version too, I remember liking that one.

No experience with the CR-V.

• 1Like

Sludig

Also rav 4 but not by much, CRV is dogshit imo. Not a huge rav4 fan either though, just sold my tundra, I'd talk her into a 4runner except the prices are so absurd and unless you offroad rides like a truck. 2 review channels I really really like because one is dry humor, the other slapstick and both are more edible for wives/girlfriends to watch. Savagegeese and Throttlehouse. If you are into the smaller CRV's, not sure the trim you would like would stay low enough, but the nicer interior might sell you on the mazda cx-30 or if you can wait until the refreshed 5 assumably called cx-50.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just traded my 2011 Tundra with 238,000miles in for this 2021 Silverado 1500 Z71. It has everything!
truck -1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Also rav 4 but not by much, CRV is dogshit imo. Not a huge rav4 fan either though, just sold my tundra, I'd talk her into a 4runner except the prices are so absurd and unless you offroad rides like a truck. 2 review channels I really really like because one is dry humor, the other slapstick and both are more edible for wives/girlfriends to watch. Savagegeese and Throttlehouse. If you are into the smaller CRV's, not sure the trim you would like would stay low enough, but the nicer interior might sell you on the mazda cx-30 or if you can wait until the refreshed 5 assumably called cx-50.
Yeah i looked hard at the 4runner, it's a fantastic platform but inevitably would be a mpg loss which is really what we're going for. I love the styling of them and i believe they are still on the tacoma chassis which is the rough ride. I'm not sure i could drive the rav4 everyday though. I'm too used to sitting higher up in traffic in my tundra.

Speaking of which i find it silly that a new tundra is 1.5x what i paid for mine. When it's time to trade this guy i may have to trade down. WTF did all the v6s go? I thought a turbo 6 was supposed to be the fuel efficiency god tier.

Sludig

Yeah i looked hard at the 4runner, it's a fantastic platform but inevitably would be a mpg loss which is really what we're going for. I love the styling of them and i believe they are still on the tacoma chassis which is the rough ride. I'm not sure i could drive the rav4 everyday though. I'm too used to sitting higher up in traffic in my tundra.

Speaking of which i find it silly that a new tundra is 1.5x what i paid for mine. When it's time to trade this guy i may have to trade down. WTF did all the v6s go? I thought a turbo 6 was supposed to be the fuel efficiency god tier.
I'm a very long way from getting a truck again, but the F150 hybrid in a very recent throttle house I was very embarrassed to say I thought was impressive. Longevity and issues, who knows but it seems actually great speed and tech tricks including being able to run quite a bit of power off the truck.

Subotai

Thief, Archer
CR-V isnt much in the looks department, but is pretty solid. Ex-wife still driving the CR-V we bought in 97...no major problems. Good visibility and dependable.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CR-V isnt much in the looks department, but is pretty solid. Ex-wife still driving the CR-V we bought in 97...no major problems. Good visibility and dependable.

Echo that. Toyota and Honda are going to be reliable and affordable for a long time if taken care of.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Nice truck, but learn to park.
I was maybe an hour from leaving the dealership. 6 years in Vegas had beaten the shit out of my traded in Tundra so I parked away from everything. That way I could park like an asshole AND I wouldn't have to go to jail for murder 2 if I got a door ding.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Posted this the other day in the car thread. Picked up a 2019 Tacoma 6 speed manual with 20k last week. 04 Golf has been my daily.

20210406_184354.jpg
20210406_184328.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Almost want to grab this. Wife wants a miata in the future, misses her veloster rally. I enjoyed my friends that was all riced out back in the day. Seems like a cheap little toy we don't care about parking in the street, offer like 3,2.
SmartSelect_20210409-094825_Facebook_849657985363691.jpg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Almost want to grab this. Wife wants a miata in the future, misses her veloster rally. I enjoyed my friends that was all riced out back in the day. Seems like a cheap little toy we don't care about parking in the street, offer like 3,2.
View attachment 347133
It’s a perfectly fine purchase if it runs good and there’s no major damage anywhere. Small Toyota’s, Honda’s, and Subaru’s generally last forever with regular upkeep.

I had a Honda Civic that made it to 276k before the friend I sold it to’s girlfriend turned left into traffic and totaled it. That Honda never had a single issue outside of regularly scheduled part changes. Had a Scion Xa (Toyota) after that, 90k miles without a single issue at all, currently on an Impreza with 90k miles, one part failure so far that was ~$250 I think to fix. No other issues.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've had a new Bronco pre-order since the first day, and these schmendricks at Ford have been jacking me (and every other pre-order person) around for 8-9 months. As much as I want one, I'm just over the wait and the weekly "am I getting my vin"! I suspect as well that with the way I built mine (Wildtrak, Lux, etc) I'll be waiting until the summer fall to even get scheduled. Pulled the plug on that one...

Besides that, my old truck is about on it's last legs, and Carmax is offering me $27k for it - when I took it to Carmax last fall (thinking a Bronco was on the horizon early this year) they wanted to give me $19k. WTF? I ripped their arm off selling the truck and couldn't get it there quick enough. Sold it Tuesday and am in the process of buying a new Defender 110.

Any Land Rover bro's here have any advice (other than selling once warranty expires!!)? Anyone have experience with extended warranties on vehicles like this that would extend it out another 5 years/50k miles? Or is that probably a waste of time/$?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a new Bronco pre-order since the first day, and these schmendricks at Ford have been jacking me (and every other pre-order person) around for 8-9 months. As much as I want one, I'm just over the wait and the weekly "am I getting my vin"! I suspect as well that with the way I built mine (Wildtrak, Lux, etc) I'll be waiting until the summer fall to even get scheduled. Pulled the plug on that one...

Besides that, my old truck is about on it's last legs, and Carmax is offering me $27k for it - when I took it to Carmax last fall (thinking a Bronco was on the horizon early this year) they wanted to give me $19k. WTF? I ripped their arm off selling the truck and couldn't get it there quick enough. Sold it Tuesday and am in the process of buying a new Defender 110.

Any Land Rover bro's here have any advice (other than selling once warranty expires!!)? Anyone have experience with extended warranties on vehicles like this that would extend it out another 5 years/50k miles? Or is that probably a waste of time/$?
You dodged a bullet on the Bronco. We’ve had two Ford SUVs and they are junk, riddled with stupid problems. It’s wife’s company car so we are stuck with it but we’ve hated both of them. My dad had issues with his Ford car too. Would never buy one personally.

• 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Sell that thing before the warranty expires is the only advice to pay attention to. My mom has had 2 now and they both needed serious work within months of the warranty expiring. She extended the warranty twice on the LR3 before pawning it off and half the interior had cracked from sun damage. Parked under a roof it's whole life. Had to replace most of the front suspension pieces (some multiple times) and a transmission over the course of it's life. And it still had gremlins. They WILL fight you on repairs despite having the extended warranty but persistence pays off. I would not wish to own one that wasn't under full warranty.

• 1Like