What vehicle do you drive?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Worst car guys are the ones who buy 15+ year old BMW's and trucks on payment plans, mod them...and wear their ballcaps on backwards.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I may be biased now that I'm in the Porsche club, but in general Porsche is the last beacon of driver's cars in the sports car world. A GT branded Porsche is a better driving car than almost anything coming from Ferrari or whoever else (though my dream is still a prancing pony in a few years lol)

I'm still on the hunt for a 430 Scuderia as a great driver's car to add to the collection. And, I know I won't be able to afford one, but I still love the F40 more than most cars. Some Porsches are really not that great, but others are stand out gems. The fact they can still be had in a manual means a lot to me.

• 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 user

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Foler is the sort of person who would wear shorts while driving a Ferrari though. At night no less.
Well for one of my cars, people suggest you don't ever wear jeans because of dye transfer issues to the opal white interior. Otherwise why would you care what you wear when driving a car haha.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well for one of my cars, people suggest you don't ever wear jeans because of dye transfer issues to the opal white interior. Otherwise why would you care what you wear when driving a car haha.

What's the material made from? The white interior on my S is actually easier to clean than the standard one. Clean seats are just a baby wipe away.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
What's the material made from? The white interior on my S is actually easier to clean than the standard one. Clean seats are just a baby wipe away.
It's Merino leather. I keep baby wipes in my side storage but it can start to be pretty noticeable with neglect. Right side with ~15 min cleaning and the middle of the side bolster with a bit of cleaning in the center. The back of the bottom bolster shows more of the original color.

1645669797633.png

I use this cleaning combo and it keeps things pretty easy to maintain.

Some better shots of the custom stitching.

1645670550454.png

1645670570903.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like Hyundai is about to slap these dealerships down like Ford is. I sent in some complaints to bolster their cause including doctored window stickers showing MSRP 10k above asking. I hope Clay Cooley gets raped by a tranny.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The fact they can still be had in a manual means a lot to me.

This.
It is so hard to find a manual transmission in the US that it is laughable. The best theft deterrent in the US is a manual transmission. Hard to even get trucks with it - heck, they don't even make a Ranger with one. Drives me crazy.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

Due to pricing I decided to look at cheaper vehicles. I was looking at the new Si, call around a few places and of course they are going for almost 42k after TTL. It's looking like a used Supra is probably going to be my best bet if I get something but even that's as much as a new one.

I'll probably end up just not buying shit.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Due to pricing I decided to look at cheaper vehicles. I was looking at the new Si, call around a few places and of course they are going for almost 42k after TTL. It's looking like a used Supra is probably going to be my best bet if I get something but even that's as much as a new one.

I'll probably end up just not buying shit.

What kind of budget are you trying to stick to? Do you "need" a new car, or are you just auto-curious?

Hekotat

What kind of budget are you trying to stick to? Do you "need" a new car, or are you just auto-curious?

The Veloster N was about the extent of my budget and something I had been saving for, but the dealer mark-ups have made it unobtainable. 35-36k out the door.

I bought a used ST in 2018, however, it was a northern car and I've noticed some rust spots underneath so it's not something I wish to keep for long-term. Couple that with trade-in values being absurd and the big EV push I'd like to get one final new ICE car before they get pushed out.

I was able to find a new Civic Si in Oklahoma that has a reasonable price on it (2k above sticker) and I've put a deposit on it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Veloster N was about the extent of my budget and something I had been saving for, but the dealer mark-ups have made it unobtainable. 35-36k out the door.

I bought a used ST in 2018, however, it was a northern car and I've noticed some rust spots underneath so it's not something I wish to keep for long-term. Couple that with trade-in values being absurd and the big EV push I'd like to get one final new ICE car before they get pushed out.

I was able to find a new Civic Si in Oklahoma that has a reasonable price on it (2k above sticker) and I've put a deposit on it.

All signs point to the Si being a ton of fun and moderately practical as well.

I wouldn't worry about the EV bullshit. Its here to stay, but it can't displace ICE for decades to come (if at all). All the special interest groups and regulators keep clamoring for it, but they are either ridiculously naive to the realities of the infrastructure requirements and costs, or they are deliberately lying.

• 1Like

Hekotat

All signs point to the Si being a ton of fun and moderately practical as well.

I wouldn't worry about the EV bullshit. Its here to stay, but it can't displace ICE for decades to come (if at all). All the special interest groups and regulators keep clamoring for it, but they are either ridiculously naive to the realities of the infrastructure requirements and costs, or they are deliberately lying.

I agree but I fully expect them to jam it down our throats and not realize the impacts until it's too late.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan until I watched some reviews on it. I ended up getting the space grey, just bummed I can't find the one with the spoiler/lip/side skirts kit. Hopefully it's something I can get put on after the fact.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Traded in my 2012 Impreza sport for a 2022 Outback Limited XT. Biggest car I’ve ever owned, it’s a huge step up in quality from the Impreza. The road noise in that thing was obscene, the Outback is silent compared to that. First turbo I’ve ever owned, so that’s fun. Having the extra room will be nice, felt like the family had outgrown the old car. Lugging wagons and shit to soccer games will be a lot easier now. One wild feature this new one has is it scans your face when you get in. Whoever is driving the car it auto adjusts the seat and mirrors.

Impreza had 92k miles on it, tons of door dings, leather interior had started to fade this year, got $9k for trade in. Outback was about a grand under MSRP. They even lowered the interest rate I had already agreed to. Never had a dealership do the things they were doing, it was all extremely customer focused.

• 1Like

Sledge

Trakanon Raider

What about the newly designed Toyota 86 or Suburu BRX?

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, I meant the BRZ. I did see a decent number of those about a month ago on Autotrader but they probably went quick. Pretty sure some were manuals because that's what I was thinking about getting. I had the 2015 Scion version and it was decent even with it's funky torque curve. New ones should be quite a bit better. I'd be tempting to go that route over the Veloster and I'm a fan of Kia/Hyundai.

I just checked and it looks like pickings are slimmer and about $3-$5k over MSRP. What sucks is that by the time manufacturers catch up with demand the MSRP will probably be $5k more than it is now due to inflation.