What vehicle do you drive?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Damn, that sounds fucking awesome. I'm going to have to look into that shit, I plan on waxing when I return so this might be a prime time to apply that stuff.
I really can't recommend it enough, particularly since the product itself is so cheap considering how long it lasts. At first I thought it was just one of a million waxes/sealants out there that promise the world, but after further research, particularly write-ups from people that have had it on their car for 5 years and it's still going strong, I was sold.

I had it applied by a "certified Opti-Coat installer", but after watching both him and Youtube videos on how to apply it, it really isn't difficult at all. The hard part is the prep-- the stuff isn't a "paint corrector", it's basically a ceramic based clear coat that sits on top of the factory clear coat, protecting your car from chemicals, scratches, swirls, etc. That means whatever condition your paint is in upon application is the same condition it will be in post application. So you need to get your car paint as good as you can get it to look, as that's the way it will stay when you "lock it in" with the Opti-coat. So though I was confident I could apply the stuff properly, I don't have the necessary skill and tools to get that "ultra detailed" look you need before applying it. So the "installer" washed the car, polished/buffed it, then wiped it down with an Isopropyl alcohol mix. Once the paint looked perfect, he then applied the Opti-Coat. When I went to wash the sap off the car the other day I didn't even have to hand dry it, 90% of the water dripped right off the car. All I needed to do was run my leaf blower (lol) over the car for 10 seconds and the car was dry..

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Iboughtthe Xylon or whatever the hell its called for my van, its the same Nissan platinum graphite that my murano was and that paint- out of all paint I have ever had on cars was sooooooo susceptible to love bugs. So Iboughtit for nothing less than its warranty- if the product does all it says, great- if not I have the warranty that comes with it :p
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Xzilon stuff is a scam. A lot of the dealers sell it as part of their "appearance package". The stuff in of itself is no more effective than a standard sealant, they are basically just selling you the paint warranty.

There are only two products out there that are semi-permanent and have been proven to actually provide a physical layer of protection-- C-Quartz and Opti-Coat. C-quartz is glossier than Opti-Coat but does not last nearly as long.

Here's a good write up if anybody is interested:http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...0-cquartz.html

EDIT: Sorry, missed the part about you acknowledging the warranty aspect. Xzilon's site even has a "make a claim" button right on their home page lol.

I really can't recommend it enough, particularly since the product itself is so cheap considering how long it lasts. At first I thought it was just one of a million waxes/sealants out there that promise the world, but after further research, particularly write-ups from people that have had it on their car for 5 years and it's still going strong, I was sold.
Interesting. I have read many endless debates between RejeX and Zaino, but have yet to hear about this. I have seen Autogeek recommended many a times as a reputable vendor as well.

I may need to give it a go when I run out of Zaino.

I have been impressed with Zaino though. The more coats I put on, the better it looks. I was applying it every other month for no other reason than it looked so good after a fresh coat. Now I am now to every 5 to 6 months. Although, I use detail spray every other wash. It does the same thing with water once its clean, as long as you dont mist it, and a dry towel will slide over the paint like an air hockey table.

One thing is for certain, I will never use wax again.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Soooooo, anyone else have a gigantic boner for the BMW i8 like I do? That thing is just so fucking sexy. Only big concern I have is trunk space. Need to make sure I can put a hockey bag and a couple sticks in it. Just think of all the fuel I will save!

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Soooooo, anyone else have a gigantic boner for the BMW i8 like I do? That thing is just so fucking sexy. Only big concern I have is trunk space. Need to make sure I can put a hockey bag and a couple sticks in it. Just think of all the fuel I will save!
I'd like it if they replaced the nonsense hybrid engine with a v10 or something. No interest in it as is. If they wanted to make a hybrid super car they probably should have made one that could outrun a 335. If they wanted to make a halo car (which is what the i8 is supposed to be) they should've made something to compete with the R8 or the SLS, and the i8 is going to get taken behind the shed in any performance metric by either of them. In terms of pure aesthetics it looks pretty good aside from the ridiculously narrow bicycle tires they have on there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, it looks cool, but at that price range I have other cars I would probably rather have. GT-R for one and I would still have a lot of cash left over for hookers and blow. If I was going to forgo the hookers and blow, I would much rather have a Porsche 911 for the price.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I agree that they kind of tried to straddle a few different targets and ended up in the middle. It's not a super car performance wise and it's not a full on EV either. I just think it's fucking sexy as hell, and I decided that my current 335 will be my last gas-only vehicle. I'll keep it for another couple years to see what comes available, and the i8 right now is the closest to what I'm after.

That said, depending on the practicality of it, it may not make sense for me. Maybe an RS4 Avant? Are they going to make those again? Seems like BMW and Audi are abandoning the sport wagon market in North America.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I agree that they kind of tried to straddle a few different targets and ended up in the middle. It's not a super car performance wise and it's not a full on EV either. I just think it's fucking sexy as hell, and I decided that my current 335 will be my last gas-only vehicle. I'll keep it for another couple years to see what comes available, and the i8 right now is the closest to what I'm after.

That said, depending on the practicality of it, it may not make sense for me. Maybe an RS4 Avant? Are they going to make those again? Seems like BMW and Audi are abandoning the sport wagon market in North America.
Yup, Mercedes is pretty much the only player for badass wagons now. Caddy did it for one generation, but it doesn't seem likely again. Sad times.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The I8 does look cool as shit but it will be interesting to see if it can beat out the Tesla from a features/luxury standpoint.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't be unseen -The BMW i8 Ate A Porsche 911

rrr_img_43411.jpg

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic w/ Super Track Pack

I wanted to get a "sports" car. I hate the way the new Camaros look and the Mustangs have no room whatsoever. I felt like I was in a cockpit and my shoulder was brushing up against the door. I also have two kids so I needed something I could put them in comfortably. I can fit 4 adults in this and 3 dead hookers in the trunk. I am beyond happy with it and I don't give a fuck it gets 18mpg (around 22mpg hwy) cuz I can afford it.

D11oJo2.jpg

When I get back from Afghanistan I'll probably trade it in for an SRT Grand Cherokee. I am stationed at Fort Carson and driving this bitch in the snow sucks (drove up to Denver in one of the worst snowstorms we had last year to see Gwar, hairy as fuck but I lived). I can do it, I just don't like to. Too much fucking torque.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic w/ Super Track Pack

I wanted to get a "sports" car. I hate the way the new Camaros look and the Mustangs have no room whatsoever. I felt like I was in a cockpit and my shoulder was brushing up against the door. I also have two kids so I needed something I could put them in comfortably. I can fit 4 adults in this and 3 dead hookers in the trunk. I am beyond happy with it and I don't give a fuck it gets 18mpg (around 22mpg hwy) cuz I can afford it.

When I get back from Afghanistan I'll probably trade it in for an SRT Grand Cherokee. I am stationed at Fort Carson and driving this bitch in the snow sucks (drove up to Denver in one of the worst snowstorms we had last year to see Gwar, hairy as fuck but I lived). I can do it, I just don't like to. Too much fucking torque.
Don't buy a Grand Cherokee unless you really enjoy having it in the shop for repairs. Perfectly ok if you plan on leasing it or selling it at the 3 year mark, but otherwise I'd highly recommend looking for something else.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck that dude. Buy a beater jeep. Challengers are the tits.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
All you true gear heads need to check outwww.blipshift.com, they have some of the best t-shirts I've seen. The shirts are limited time only and they usually don't make anymore after they sell out. I picked up 90 bucks worth already and the quality of the material is top notch.

I don't like to shill but figured some of you might appreciate it, enjoy!

Hekotat

Any of you guys wanting to meet up this weekend I plan on hitting Oktoberfest in Addison Thurs night for the keg tapping ceremony for my birthday and Saturday night as well. Hit me up with a PM if you want to hit a pub or something beforehand.

Hekotat

I hate to be THE asshole that posts 3 times in a row but.....made some headway on the 86 today. Finally got the brake lines/brakes, 272 TRD cams and BC Coils installed and running. Still have some low rpm idle issue to track down but I'm pretty excited.

Well, shit. Had to get rid of my baby. You've seen the first ticket I got, posted elsewhere here. Well, got another one that totted up another $350 on the ol' board.

Traded her in for this 2013 Avenger. Not near the same number of testes as the Challenger, but not a bad ride.

rrr_img_44873.jpg

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_44897.jpg

Here's my ride... 2008 Ford Fusion. But it is owning me more than I own it. I'm paying about $440 a month right now, I know I really need to refinance it, but I dont know how to go about that. Do I have to save up a down payment for the new loan in order to refinance?