Whats rustling your jimmies?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of clapping for stupid things...

...it rustles my jimmies that people clap when an airplane lands. I'm not sure if this is a worldwide thing, but I noticed it specifically in Eastern Europe and Asia. People, planes are SUPPOSED to land successfully. It's something you should expect, not hope for and applaud.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Related, nerds clapping at the movies. Ffs, I geek out sometimes too, but I don't feel the need to applaud when the credits roll >.<

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of clapping for stupid things...

...it rustles my jimmies that people clap when an airplane lands. I'm not sure if this is a worldwide thing, but I noticed it specifically in Eastern Europe and Asia. People, planes are SUPPOSED to land successfully. It's something you should expect, not hope for and applaud.
I think I've only seen that on southwest airlines flights, and it seems like that happens because the flight attendants start clapping. i don't fly much, and I've only been overseas once, flying air france, air madrid (or whatever the fuck they call it), and british airways. I don't recall any clapping on those flights or on the domestic united flights I've taken.

If I see a pilot on the way out, I always like to ask, "Did we land, or were we shot down?" Especially if people had clapped for the landing, because that annoyed me too.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I guess some people must applaud everytime their car comes to a complete stop too.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
So it rustles my jimmies my plane ticket costs the same as people two, sometimes three times larger than me. For not stuffing my face full of food constantly, the least I could get in return (besides good health) would be cheaper airline flights.

Fedor

<Banned>
So it rustles my jimmies my plane ticket costs the same as people two, sometimes three times larger than me. For not stuffing my face full of food constantly, the least I could get in return (besides good health) would be cheaper airline flights.
if you're sitting next to one of them they'll also take up part of your seat

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Either you're skinnier than Wizardhawk(the dead for a month version), or you don't realize that people 3x larger than you are paying extra.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Hmm didn't realize that was added, maybe that's why the past couple flights have had minimal of that noise. Also I am pretty close to WH level's of skinny, not from meth though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
People who insist that life magically unfucks itself via the power of positive thinking.
A few days late I realize, but the local conspiracy nuts at work also constantly talk about the motherfucking "Secret" like it is the greatest thing ever, and that it actually works for them. Which, if you aren't aware, is someone making money off of the power of positive thinking by marketing it and calling it "The Secret."

I used it to my benefit a month or so ago though. They call it "putting it out into the universe" and were talking about it one day at lunch, when I realized that I had put something out into the universe that came true too! So I related the story of how I had just watched the latest Percy Jackson movie, and noticed how in the movie they strove (mightily I might add) to cover up Alexandra Daddario's giant titties, because she's supposed to be a young teen girl in it, and how I had checked Mr. Skin to see if she had any nude scenes. When I found out that she had not fully unleashed the gazongas, I told a friend about it, and expressed my desire to right this injustice in the universe. And lo and behold, a month or two later, there they are on True Detective in all their stupendous glory! I had literally put that thought out into the universe, and the universe gave it back to me!

Needless to say, they (both female) were not as excited by my accomplishment as I was.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
One evening joking with our friends about what we should put above our fireplace I said a painting of Will Ferrel (sp?) naked posing laying on a bear skin rug in front of a fire place and a year or two later he posed just like that in that political campaign movie when he was seducing the other guy's wife.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A few days late I realize, but the local conspiracy nuts at work also constantly talk about the motherfucking "Secret" like it is the greatest thing ever, and that it actually works for them. Which, if you aren't aware, is someone making money off of the power of positive thinking by marketing it and calling it "The Secret."

I used it to my benefit a month or so ago though. They call it "putting it out into the universe" and were talking about it one day at lunch, when I realized that I had put something out into the universe that came true too! So I related the story of how I had just watched the latest Percy Jackson movie, and noticed how in the movie they strove (mightily I might add) to cover up Alexandra Daddario's giant titties, because she's supposed to be a young teen girl in it, and how I had checked Mr. Skin to see if she had any nude scenes. When I found out that she had not fully unleashed the gazongas, I told a friend about it, and expressed my desire to right this injustice in the universe. And lo and behold, a month or two later, there they are on True Detective in all their stupendous glory! I had literally put that thought out into the universe, and the universe gave it back to me!

Needless to say, they (both female) were not as excited by my accomplishment as I was.
Please do Alison Brie next.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
When you're making out like a bandit with giant--or even double--scoops of beans, meat, and other toppings at Chipotle, and then halfway through the bowl assembly process you get handed off to some scrub who daintily sprinkles on 3 strands of grated cheese and 2% of an avocado's worth of guac.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Tell that punk to hit you again and keep it up till he gets the ratios right.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Hasn't it become fairly standard practice that fatties have to buy 2 seats?
Even if that's the case, in my fantasy world all airplane tickets would be strictly based upon the weight of you and your luggage. Fuck fees for checked or carry on luggage. I'm not a fat fuck, nor do I bring half my wardrobe with me when I travel. I'm sick of subsidizing fat pack ratting fucks.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
have you seen 2 broke girls? You think there's any chance of recovering from that?

(I actually like the show, but it is terrible and corny)