Whats rustling your jimmies?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The "please do not turn off or reset the system when this auto-save icon is displayed" screen. I always see the icon, instinctively believe it's auto-saving and wait several seconds before realizing it's not saving at all and I can just press the button to skip it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think they nerfed hot mustard. This is the second time from two different chinese places that the hot mustard had zero fucking nasal burn.

I think they nerfed hot mustard. This is the second time from two different chinese places that the hot mustard had zero fucking nasal burn.
so weird you posted this yesterday. I came back from Whole Foods excited about finding Chinese hot mustard... turns out it tastes like mustard and did not make me feel like lava was in my sinuses.

garbage

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking motherboard died last night. can't just replace the mobo but also going to have to get new cpu and memory too.

Second lga 1366 board I've had die on me.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And with intel's first significant chipset + cpu upgrade in five years less than a year away (supposedly.) I feel your pain, sir.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Ordered something off Amazon last night and didn't pay attention to the shipping until I got the "its shipped" email this morning. Estimated delivery date 12/23/14. God damn it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ordered something off Amazon last night and didn't pay attention to the shipping until I got the "its shipped" email this morning. Estimated delivery date 12/23/14. God damn it.
So it's in transit for a month and a half? Did you order moon rocks direct from source? WTF.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
no, you're just an idiot if you don't vote. if you're over 18 and you don't vote, you're the worst type of person
You know why I don't vote (in non-local elections)? Because I never have a dog in that race.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Tonight it's everything has different password criteria AND ridiculous mandatory secret questions. This one, I don't even know: "What is the nickname of your youngest sibling?" He had none, so fuck if I know what I answered years ago. I tried the only things I could think of (full name, half of it, whatever) and no dice.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just use secret questions as a second password. You can even use the same one for every secret question ever, because fuck secret questions. It's not like the program checks to see if "joija908309j" was actually his nickname, or your grandmother's maiden name, or your favorite pet's name.

"Social justice" has been rustling me pretty hard over the past few months. I'm so sick of this fucking shit ---> farnsworth.jpg

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This twat is always loudly proclaiming that she's the only one who ever replaces the paper towels / coffee supplies / whatever fucking thing when I do it whenever I see the crap getting low rather than waiting until I've used up the last one. Bitch you ain't special.

But this doesn't rustle me. What rustles me is I actually thought of this as an example of a post worthy rustle, which means I am now Kreugina. I'm heading over to the paper trimmer to make it official.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Just use secret questions as a second password. You can even use the same one for every secret question ever, because fuck secret questions. It's not like the program checks to see if "joija908309j" was actually his nickname, or your grandmother's maiden name, or your favorite pet's name.

"Social justice" has been rustling me pretty hard over the past few months. I'm so sick of this fucking shit ---> farnsworth.jpg
At my company, you have to answer your secret questions over the phone whenever you call the helpdesk in order to verify your identity. And if you put some bullshit in there, they will make you fix it.

Seriously, and IT people wonder why everyone hates them. Maybe if you didn't act like an arrogant prick all the time with regards to IT policies that don't remotely reflect objective reality, people wouldn't give you so much shit all the time. At work, I have six different passwords. One to actually log into the computer, one to log into Citrix Desktop, one for Antrim, one for Co-Path, one to look at/print out my pay stub, and a sixth one I forget because I never use the application. According to policy, all these passwords must be different, and all must be at least 12 characters consisting of mixed case and symbols. They must be changed at different intervals ranging from 90 days to six months, and no new password can be substantially similar to the previous password. Also, according to policy, we must memorize all these passwords and never write them down anywhere, and they have security occasionally check for people putting passwords on post-its and leaving them on the computers. The system also tracks your "access pattern" and will lock you out if it detects something abnormal, I have no idea how this shit is programmed but I get locked out at least once per quarter. When I get locked out, I of course have to call the helpdesk and go through their stupid troubleshooting script even though I have the error code in front of me and they of course have the ability to check to see if my account is actually locked as I claim. No, we need to restart the computer and check all the connections first before we'll help you.

Healthcare IT can die in a goddamn fire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That can be pretty standard at larger corporations.

Do they let you install programs on your PC? A password vault would help your problems.