Whats rustling your jimmies?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My coworkers that believe every single goddamn thing they see on TV or the internet.

Coworker #1 comes into the office I share with Coworker #2 to tell him about this awesome documentary he saw. They both are firm believers in ghosts, bigfoot, aliens, etc. I've had the logic arguments with them a million times, but they just act like they understand what I'm saying and then go back to believing crazy shit. Anyway, he tells him all about this documentary where some guy went into the jungles of Indonesia in 1977 and these weird little ape-like creatures ended up attacking them and killing the other two guys with him. He escapes and tells the authorities what happened, they go check it out, find one body partially eaten, and eventually after an Indonesian trial put him in jail for life for double murder and cannibalism because they don't believe his story about the little creatures. He eventually dies in prison in 2013, and another scientist goes to check out his story. Also, they find the footage from his camera that got sent back to the US, but too late since he's already dead.

#1 is telling us all about this startling footage and these weird creatures that no one has ever discovered before. I am obviously skeptical, and say so. He says no, this is legit, and this found footage is clearly old and you can see the creatures in it, blah blah. Since I've been more or less a killjoy for them so many times I say ok, I'll check it out. I finally find a torrent of it and download it. Right off the bat I see the words, "Inspired by true scientific evidence." Fuck me. I skip ahead a little more because now I know I'm not actually going to watch this shit. The "only interview allowed by Indonesian authorities" of the guy in jail comes on, and I'm like oh fuck, that's an actor I've seen in a million different things. So I google it, and of course it is another Animal Planet "mockumentary" like the motherfucking Mermaid one.

I come in this morning wondering how I'm going to approach this, and finally just tell them it is all fake, and at first he doesn't believe me. So I go to IMDB and show him the actor and all the other shit he's been in, and then google some pages explaining how it is all fake and just some hype to let them use the line, "Are hobbits real?" in their promos.

I tell him that the "found footage" that looked so real and legit to him is exactly why I don't believe a single one of their YouTube videos of ghosts and UFOs and shit, because it really isn't difficult to fake that shit, and despite the fact that they never believe my answer to the question "Why would someone fake that?", there really are people out there that enjoy fucking with people like them because they are so gullible.

His answer: "Eh, even though this one wasn't, it could have been real. We don't know what's out there in those jungles."

Rustled.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My coworkers that believe every single goddamn thing they see on TV or the internet.

Coworker #1 comes into the office I share with Coworker #2 to tell him about this awesome documentary he saw. They both are firm believers in ghosts, bigfoot, aliens, etc. I've had the logic arguments with them a million times, but they just act like they understand what I'm saying and then go back to believing crazy shit. Anyway, he tells him all about this documentary where some guy went into the jungles of Indonesia in 1977 and these weird little ape-like creatures ended up attacking them and killing the other two guys with him. He escapes and tells the authorities what happened, they go check it out, find one body partially eaten, and eventually after an Indonesian trial put him in jail for life for double murder and cannibalism because they don't believe his story about the little creatures. He eventually dies in prison in 2013, and another scientist goes to check out his story. Also, they find the footage from his camera that got sent back to the US, but too late since he's already dead.

#1 is telling us all about this startling footage and these weird creatures that no one has ever discovered before. I am obviously skeptical, and say so. He says no, this is legit, and this found footage is clearly old and you can see the creatures in it, blah blah. Since I've been more or less a killjoy for them so many times I say ok, I'll check it out. I finally find a torrent of it and download it. Right off the bat I see the words, "Inspired by true scientific evidence." Fuck me. I skip ahead a little more because now I know I'm not actually going to watch this shit. The "only interview allowed by Indonesian authorities" of the guy in jail comes on, and I'm like oh fuck, that's an actor I've seen in a million different things. So I google it, and of course it is another Animal Planet "mockumentary" like the motherfucking Mermaid one.

I come in this morning wondering how I'm going to approach this, and finally just tell them it is all fake, and at first he doesn't believe me. So I go to IMDB and show him the actor and all the other shit he's been in, and then google some pages explaining how it is all fake and just some hype to let them use the line, "Are hobbits real?" in their promos.

I tell him that the "found footage" that looked so real and legit to him is exactly why I don't believe a single one of their YouTube videos of ghosts and UFOs and shit, because it really isn't difficult to fake that shit, and despite the fact that they never believe my answer to the question "Why would someone fake that?", there really are people out there that enjoy fucking with people like them because they are so gullible.

His answer: "Eh, even though this one wasn't, it could have been real. We don't know what's out there in those jungles."

Rustled.
Why do you spend so much time and energy trying to convince obvious idiots that they're idiots? Just put some earbuds in and listen to music or something the next time they start chatting in your office.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Do you work at the department of highways?
No, I'd probably make a lot more money if I did, and the people can't be any dumber, can they?

Why do you spend so much time and energy trying to convince obvious idiots that they're idiots? Just put some earbuds in and listen to music or something the next time they start chatting in your office.
It happens right in front of me in my office. I know, I know, I should just ignore it, you're right.

It just rustles me to no end that they will start talking about stuff and using "evidence" that is clearly wrong. They were just talking about exorcisms the other day, and the one guy tells the other that there is indisputable (my word, he wouldn't know it) documented proof of exorcisms. I couldn't resist, so I asked who documented it, and he told me the Catholic church. Which led us into me trying to explain how that's not evidence any more than the YouTube videos they insist on showing me. Even though neither of them are Catholic, they both fail to grasp why that might be anything less than impeccable evidence.

I am afraid that if I hold it in and don't say anything, I might have an aneurysm.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
For my business, my bank spends $0.49 to mail me a notice saying that one of the daily deposits my managers prepared is off by less than $0.49. This probably happens 4 times a month and 3 out of those 4 times it is off by $0.01.

Again, this is a double rustle for me. First is with my managers because how fucking hard is it to make sure what you write on the deposit slip matches the amount you actually send to the bank. Second is with the bank, they'd be better off just putting the difference into my account instead of wasting the money to print out a notice to mail to me. At the very least you'd think they'd email that shit.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
First is with my managers because how fucking hard is it to make sure what you write on the deposit slip matches the amount you actually send to the bank.
Used to jimmy my rustles at one job where we used a cash weighing machine, which was flawless with bills but shit with coin. You'd have 3 pennies in the dish, crack open a roll, and it would tell you something not even close like 62 cents. Machine used to piss me off, but nobody cared... well, except the store manager was OCD so a few times a week would open the store and count all 4 registers by hand and have to talk to us about start funds being off by a few pennies. So, he'd take the money out, re-do deposits and shit, and then a few days later it would be messed up again because the fucking weighing machine was shit.

Tried to explain it's just pennies, and not like Office Space where we're going to mistakenly end up off by 100k one morning due to a rounding error. Had to just pretend I was dumb and couldn't count pennies.

Now, working with state auditors.... Ummm, why aren't there two sets of initials on that piece of paper filed and saved for 5 years that nobody cares about or even knows what it's for? Danger! AUDIT EXCEPTION!

I miss dead-end jobs where nobody gave a shit as long as I showed up.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
My jimmies are rustled. Don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but I've enjoyed reading it,

Friend who is around book five or six of The Malazan Book of the Fallen challenges me about a minute detail in The Gardens of the Moon. I've read all the books numerous times. Unfortunately I leant my copy of GotM to someone who has since quit working with me.

When I realized that I would have to download the book on my kindle to prove him wrong, I came outside to post about it on my phone. Lit a cig and realized I had left my phone inside. Couldn't find my phone quickly. Second cig in and I am still typing this on my phone.

Bout to buy the kindle version, hope I'm not wrong cause then I'll be super wrustled.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I used to be able to stream all major golf events at work via the normal websites like usopen.com but sometime between the masters and now they changed their policy and it is now blocked. Jimmies rustled

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I used to be able to stream all major golf events at work via the normal websites like usopen.com but sometime between the masters and now they changed their policy and it is now blocked. Jimmies rustled
You can't get cable? The office had cable put in so I could watch the college world series day games, then they freaking went 1-2 and home.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BAD DRIVERS?!

I don't mean aggressive but at least somewhat skilled (aka Massholes), I just mean bad bad bad. People that run stop signs/red lights to pull in front of you...then do 10 below the limit. Or that I seem to be invisible to other drivers who just merge right on in.

Driving home today, there were at least 5 accidents, all from simple stop/go traffic on the highway. Which then cause other accidents because of rubberneckers.

Even worse are the ones too timid to drive, or maybe they forgot their glasses? (last one in todays vid).

Sorry for the filthy windshield, cars been out of service for a week. The back glass just randomly broke in my work's parking lot. 15 year old car = getting jerked around by Safelite ($890) and the dealership (1200lol). I just spend a few hundred in the car graveyard and bought the whole damn back hatch and put it in myself.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The assumption of Transracial, transcultural, transethnicity of video game companies, based solely on IP Address.

Imagine that you are an american on vacation in, idk, germany. Imagine you are sitting in a coffee shop on wifi on your phone or tablet and decide to login to your bank's website to make sure you can afford the coffee or whatever. When you first open the browser it may take you to google.gr or whatever the german version of google is, but you click the little "go to google.com" button and you get the US version of google. So you use that, or idk maybe you have your bank's website bookmarked. so you go to your bank's website.

Imagine, instead of this working exactly how you'd expect this to work, instead you were directed to a german version of your bank's site, even though it's a bank that operates exclusively in the united states. The site is in german. you can't use google translate to force it to translate into english. but you've been to your bank's site enough times you know the site's layout, and how to login. so you manage to log in, but all your currency is shown in Euros? And there is no option to change any of this.

That doesn't happen, because banks aren't fucking stupid. Like no company is that stupid, to assume that you became German and your money magically became euro's because you went on vacation. Except video game developers. They are clearly super progressive, you don't even need to "identify" as another race for them, they believe you can change language/culture/identity merely by ip address.

Steam is the best case scenario:

I download Steam on a computer (and a tablet) in america, I have a bank of america CC on file. I've downloaded games off of steam for fuck idk, 10 years or however long it's been since steam came out. I am clearly an american. All of my settings and preferences indicate that I am an american who speaks english.

I take that computer and tablet with me when I get stationed in Japan.

The client itself is still in english, but the store is now in Japanese. And all the prices are in Yen. I re-affirm the fact that I only speak english in the client and the store at least converts back to english. However, prices are always in Yen and there is nothing I can do about it. Even though I have a stored bank of AMERICA cc on file and clearly pay in USD for every transaction. They still won't show me prices in USD. They just convert the yen price from the store to USD on the wallet page. whatever.

Again Steam is the BEST case scenario.

Origin (Yes it's shit but I wanted to play Dragon Age Inquisition) does not allow you to change either language or price. And half the store pages (since it simply loads a browser inside the Origin client, and refuses to load the US version of origin) won't even allow google to translate the page. I had to get my japanese neighbor who doesn't speak english to tell me what the fuck i was buying. This wouldn't be so bad if there was only like the normal version of a game and deluxe version of a game. I could of picked the cheaper of the two and know that i was buying the normal version of the game. but with DLC and bonus packs and all that such and such bullshit showing me nearly a dozen possible options of varying prices, and the fact that they disabled google translate from functioning in their client, I had to ask a guy who doesn't share a language with me to help me buy it (using my phone to translate for me).

Wildstar, a game I bought on base here in japan, banned my account because I logged in, in Japan, despite of or because of, my account was created during beta in the US. They were too inept to fix it so I had to create a new account to use my CD key.

I just found out today (and hence jimmy's rustled) Daybreak won't allow me to pay them money. Can neither subscribe or even buy daybreak bux to unlock new shit in DCUO. They assume based on IP address that I am japanese, so the currency is set to Yen. AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE THIS. not ever. it's a 1 time setting that neither I nor they have the power to change. But my cc is USD. As is my Steam Wallet. So I can only pay in USD, which is good because that's all I have. but they will only accept Yen (to later convert to USD because they broke away from Sony and are a US company now).

All these companies are constantly battling hackers and farmers and shit, compromising accounts. But they are the ones making it stupidly easy for them to do this. They go to your site and you translate it into mandarin or tagalog for them, depending if they are in china or the phillipines. and when they hack or brute force their way into an US player, or euro player, or whatever account, you automatically assume that THAT player is now Chinese or Phillipino so you convert everything to their language, settings, preference. Why the fuck would you do this? If some chinese sweatshop mmo dude is going to hack my account I at least want the motherfucker to have to learn english in order to figure out how to do anything with my info.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
9yCk7Kx.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You lost me at vacation in Germany, smart phone, and having to check using said smart phone to see if you can afford coffee.