Whats rustling your jimmies?

Fadaar

That guy
If there's nobody coming from my left I will blast through a roundabout as fast as I can safely do, which in the Corvette is pretty damn fast. Pretty sure I've given a few people ignoring the right of way heart attacks by putting my brakes to good use along with a middle finger.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Drive with your horn. Use it a lot. Make 'em jump in their seats.
Warm weather tonight, windows open. "THERE IS NO STOP SIGN YOU DUMBASS!!!" got a flip off. Yeah. You're driving like a shitlord and I'm correcting you. Obviously your response is to give me the finger.

Fuck that.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warm weather tonight, windows open. "THERE IS NO STOP SIGN YOU DUMBASS!!!" got a flip off. Yeah. You're driving like a shitlord and I'm correcting you. Obviously your response is to give me the finger.

Fuck that.
Call someone a dumbass and get flipped off, imagine that? You're not in any position to police other drivers and if he's unsure of the situation then slowing down or stopping is safer for everyone than being reckless. Thankfully he's more calm than you are, I hope your road rage doesn't kill any children soon.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Call someone a dumbass and get flipped off, imagine that? You're not in any position to police other drivers and if he's unsure of the situation then slowing down or stopping is safer for everyone than being reckless. Thankfully he's more calm than you are, I hope your road rage doesn't kill any children soon.
I don't have road rage, but thanks for your concern.

We've had nearly twenty traffic circles installed in our area in the last ten years. A pamphlet of how to use them correctly was delivered to every household in the region. The information for how to not drive like a dumbass is readily available. If you drive like a dumbass, expect to hear "don't drive like a dumbass" at least periodically.

Thanks for defending bad drivers, though. I'm sure someone appreciates it.

Taloo_sl

shitlord

We've had nearly twenty traffic circles installed in our area in the last ten years. A pamphlet of how to use them correctly was delivered to every household in the region. The information for how to not drive like a dumbass is readily available. If you drive like a dumbass, expect to hear "don't drive like a dumbass" at least periodically.

Bro, calm the fuck down. It's not worth just killing a person over, think of their family. They have to die too after all...

lurker

Vyemm Raider
They installed 11 or so of them on a 5 mile stretch of road where I live. The problem is it's the tourist capital of AZ and 90% of the drivers on the road are old tourists who act like they've never seen a round-about and are really timid about entering one. A blast of the horn gets 'em in gear and by the third or fourth one they're experts.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My very first experience with roundabouts was driving in Australia after not driving anything more than a golfcart for about 8 months. Driving on the opposite side and siting in the opposite side of the car made it a scary experience for me. I got a few honks that helped me say fuck it and go for it.

Near my in law's they have built two massive ones to help with tractor trailer traffic in an otherwise rual area. They suffer from over signage that makes it confusing. This coming from someone who drove roundabouts everyday for the last 8 years.

They have been completed for about 2 years now. It was fun listening to her family complain about how useless they would be as they were building them, only to rave about how effective they are now that they understand how they work.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Salespeople that go for the blatant emotional manipulation angle. "Well, I don't know if it's still going to be here if you insist on running all over town first. I'm giving you a great deal, why do you feel the need to insult me?" Ohfuck offffff

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I hate traffic circles of death. If I were king they would be outlawed.

Also, nothing makes me want to walk away from a deal more than a sales slut who tells me it's got a time limit. I say, "Well, if the deal won't be good tomorrow then it's not a good deal today either"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh I wish I had a good map of the layout of this newish shopping center near here. Multiple roundabouts, two way streets that suddenly become one way, numerous places where you can only make left or right turns onto two way streets, angled parking space pointing the wrong fucking way, speed bumps, stop signs where you'd expect to yield, yield signs where you'd expect to stop, just a goddamn mess. Every driver you see has the same bewildered expression on their face.

I wind up ignoring half of it and driving the wrong way to save a mile of twisting and turning in circles. Low curbing is just another speed bump, imo.

EDIT: The fun part of the roundabout is being in the inner lane and having to trust that the person in the outer lane is aware that they MUST take the first right...

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least in this state, you can ignore any sign that is not posted on the road. That means, everything in a parking lot that is privately owned (not county, state, etc.). Good on you for ignoring a lot of it anyway, as long as you don't run over a stroller or something.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Listen to how mad you are. I really fear for the safety of those around you unless you get these anger issues under control. Perhaps you need counseling if you wish to continue to get behind the wheel.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At least in this state, you can ignore any sign that is not posted on the road. That means, everything in a parking lot that is privately owned (not county, state, etc.). Good on you for ignoring a lot of it anyway, as long as you don't run over a stroller or something.
Yeah, all the states I'm familiar with will actually have a state seal on the back of the sign if it was put up by the authorities.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate traffic circles of death. If I were king they would be outlawed.

Also, nothing makes me want to walk away from a deal more than a sales slut who tells me it's got a time limit. I say, "Well, if the deal won't be good tomorrow then it's not a good deal today either"
We had one in the new orleans area, at the base of the huey p long bridge, but there was never too many problems with it, mainly because it made sense. People in the circle had the right of way and you yield to enter, so much easier than the other way around.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Listen to how mad you are. I really fear for the safety of those around you unless you get these anger issues under control. Perhaps you need counseling if you wish to continue to get behind the wheel.
p2jgLUE.gif

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
In regards to traffic circles, where I grew up in Dedham, MA, there is a massive rotary that goes over route 128. The town decided a few months ago to build these gigantic fucking wooden picket fences so that people coming in to the rotary can not see to their left and accelerate in to the rotary. I can time it perfect with traffic, but now everyone is forced to stop and it backs up traffic for miles. It's so fucking infuriating. All because a few people a year would assume the guy in front of them was going to enter the rotary because no one is coming, so they start looking to their left, and the shitbag in front of them decides "nope I'm coming to a stop" and the guy checking his left hits him from behind. Rage inducing.