Whats rustling your jimmies?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Angel hair pasta. Every time I fucking make it it just comes out as a gigantic clump and then hangs out the drainer and I end up throwing it out

Salshun_sl

shitlord
You all fuckers should get into mom jokes. And yo, Clbiyum, like a small amount of olive oil, and generous salt, you won't have that issue anymore. Don't use too much water, and constantly stir that shit. Don't use a massive pot, either. You don't want to drown the pasta, you want to cook it. I have to assume with angel you're using Alfredo. When the sauce and the angel is done, poor the angel into the sauce and stir. Not only will this give you a nice coating over everything noodle, it allows it to be reheated easily should you not finish it.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Angel hair pasta. Every time I fucking make it it just comes out as a gigantic clump and then hangs out the drainer and I end up throwing it out
You're probably not stirring it enough -- capellini is notorious for being a pain in the ass about clumping up as soon as it touches the water, so you need to stir it immediately upon contact, and continue to stir every few minutes. Here is a handy site that has probably the most detailed summary of boiling pasta that I've seen:http://lifehacker.com/5805897/how-to...asta-correctly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You all fuckers should get into mom jokes. And yo, Clbiyum, like a small amount of olive oil, and generous salt, you won't have that issue anymore. Don't use too much water, and constantly stir that shit. Don't use a massive pot, either. You don't want to drown the pasta, you want to cook it. I have to assume with angel you're using Alfredo. When the sauce and the angel is done, poor the angel into the sauce and stir. Not only will this give you a nice coating over everything noodle, it allows it to be reheated easily should you not finish it.
Couple bad tips here. Oil in the water does nothing for pasta sticking to itself. It will prevent foaming though. It's hard to use too much water as well. 1 gallon of water per pound of pasta is a lot of water. Gives the pasta lots of room to move by itself via the boiling action. Some do require stirring though.

P8P_sl

shitlord
merrillheader.jpg

edit: may as well include this then...

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I make every other kind of pasta fine (penne, wheels, etc.) just when it comes to angel hair it comes out horrible :/

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of saying shit, it rustles my jimmies when Alex Trebek "correctly" pronounces any-and-all foreign words in jeopardy clues and answers. I know he speaks French, so fine, pronounce those correctly, but he butchers other languages' words all while having his usual smug expression of superiority and thinking he's saying them correctly. I wish they'd get rid of him and give Pat Sajak the full hour of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Alex Trebek is a no-talent hack, lacks charisma, and a worthless host.

McCheese

Why do you give a shit about any of that? A speak-n-spell could host Jeopardy for all I care.
Because I love watching Jeopardy, but Alex Trebek almost ruins it. I'd be happy if they automated the whole thing and didn't have a host, honestly. Alex Trebek is just an awful host and has been ruining Jeopardy for decades.

At the very least they should drop the "conversation" part of Jeopardy. The people usually have boring things to say (You collect stamps? REALLY?) and Alex Trebek doesn't have the charisma to make it interesting. Fuck. Jimmies majorly rustles.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Really? I've never known anyone who likes Jeopardy but straight up hates Alex Trebek, he doesn't even come across as smug to me. He even says he doesn't think he'd do that well if he had to play against people younger than him.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Speaking of saying shit, it rustles my jimmies when Alex Trebek "correctly" pronounces any-and-all foreign words in jeopardy clues and answers. I know he speaks French, so fine, pronounce those correctly, but he butchers other languages' words all while having his usual smug expression of superiority and thinking he's saying them correctly. I wish they'd get rid of him and give Pat Sajak the full hour of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Alex Trebek is a no-talent hack, lacks charisma, and a worthless host.
My ultra pretentious aunt LOVES that he pronounces foreign words correctly. She just absolutely loves it.

Your stand on (suck it) Trebek is a bit insane. Disliking him is fine, but you act like he raped your mother. Personally I like Trebek, and over the years he's gotten funnier and more charismatic in the talking part. He's the only reason that shit is watchable because the contestants' stories are always terribly boring.

I don't have much these days that rustles my jimmies. Psychologists who use hypnosis to "uncover" memories, ie create them, has ruined thousands of lives and they aren't prosecuted. Maybe that's one, but ridiculously specific

McCheese

My ultra pretentious aunt LOVES that he pronounces foreign words correctly. She just absolutely loves it.
Yeah, except he doesn't. He tries, but if it's not French he often butchers the pronunciation.

And please, don't try to tell me that he's anywhere NEAR as charismatic as Pat Sajak. Compare the "contestant conversation" portions of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune and it's not even close: Trebek is like a giant cardboard cutout. I actually use the 2 - 3 minute portion of Jeopardy where he talks to the contestants as a time to run to the bathroom. The deuce I drop during that time is more talented than Trebek.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just use the "talk to the contestants" part as extra commercial break time and get another quarter pounder or something. I understand your reasoning but he's as much an institution in game show hosts as Sajak is in his own right. And who the fuck white knights Pat Sajak, what are you 80 years old?