Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Direct TV.

We've been thinking of getting rid of them for a while and going with cable for various reasons. But the main thing keeping me from doing it is that I have days or maybe weeks worth of shit recorded that I plan to watch, but don't have time. Shit that we can't get on netflix, hulu, or amazon prime (at least not without additional charges). So recently one of my DVRs shit the bed and it was the one with most of my recordings on it. So I call tech support, they confirm it has shit the bed and arrange to have a new one sent out. He tells me they won't even try to recover the shows on the HD because of copywrite issues or whatever. It's going to cost me to get a new box and I go "whoa there cowboy, this is your equipment, I rent this shit for like $6 a month, I'm not paying to replace your equipment" Then he changes his explanation to it being a 'shipping and handling charge' But I can buy equipment protection for another $5 a month and I wouldn't have to pay the shipping charge! I can do simple math in my head. I've had this box for like 10 years with no problem ... the math is not even close on that particular insurance plan. He also tells me that if I don't return the old box by oct 25 they're going to charge me $135 for it. At this point I let him know that I'm really fucking close to dropping them anyway and all these charges showing up on my bill might push me over the edge.

OK well fast forward to today and I don't even have the new box yet, much less the package to ship the old one back. I called them oct 24 to let them know I hadn't received the box and found out the original order wasn't finalized and they redid it 10 days later. The last 4 days they sent me an email every day with new charges that I needed to review (I didn't actually see any changes so I don't know WTF they were doing). I still don't have the new box, but now I'm getting texts that a technician is coming to my house today to install my TV service.

It's like the tech support guy wanted to make my decision easy. He probably did me a solid, but I'm too fucking busy to deal with switching right now. The good thing here is that as long as I never activate the new receiver I don't owe the shipping and handling charge. So I have until it gets here to get off my ass and call the cable company.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh and also. "Attemptive" Radio shows keep playing this clip of a CNN reporter interviewing someone in the caravan who was convicted of attempted murder. The translator says "attemptive murder" and it rustles me every time I hear it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm washing my clothes. Forgot I left an alan wrench in the back pocket of my jeans. Now I can hear it rubbing back and forth in the bottom of the tub.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Direct TV.

We've been thinking of getting rid of them for a while and going with cable for various reasons. But the main thing keeping me from doing it is that I have days or maybe weeks worth of shit recorded that I plan to watch, but don't have time. Shit that we can't get on netflix, hulu, or amazon prime (at least not without additional charges). So recently one of my DVRs shit the bed and it was the one with most of my recordings on it. So I call tech support, they confirm it has shit the bed and arrange to have a new one sent out. He tells me they won't even try to recover the shows on the HD because of copywrite issues or whatever. It's going to cost me to get a new box and I go "whoa there cowboy, this is your equipment, I rent this shit for like $6 a month, I'm not paying to replace your equipment" Then he changes his explanation to it being a 'shipping and handling charge' But I can buy equipment protection for another $5 a month and I wouldn't have to pay the shipping charge! I can do simple math in my head. I've had this box for like 10 years with no problem ... the math is not even close on that particular insurance plan. He also tells me that if I don't return the old box by oct 25 they're going to charge me $135 for it. At this point I let him know that I'm really fucking close to dropping them anyway and all these charges showing up on my bill might push me over the edge.

OK well fast forward to today and I don't even have the new box yet, much less the package to ship the old one back. I called them oct 24 to let them know I hadn't received the box and found out the original order wasn't finalized and they redid it 10 days later. The last 4 days they sent me an email every day with new charges that I needed to review (I didn't actually see any changes so I don't know WTF they were doing). I still don't have the new box, but now I'm getting texts that a technician is coming to my house today to install my TV service.

It's like the tech support guy wanted to make my decision easy. He probably did me a solid, but I'm too fucking busy to deal with switching right now. The good thing here is that as long as I never activate the new receiver I don't owe the shipping and handling charge. So I have until it gets here to get off my ass and call the cable company.

Cancel it, get Hulu Plus for live TV ($40/month) and just take the money you're saving on directv and buy the seasons of the shows you can't get.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
More deliveries rustling, delivery time left is about an hour, guy calls me, says he'll be there in 30mins, I'm like sure whatever that's fine. Wait 30mins, nothing, probably late. Wait a full hour, still nothing. Check delivery site, says he delivered it right when he called me. I'm like the fuck. Wait another 15mins, check if he didn't leave the package in the hall like the last retard. Call the sender, report I didn't get shit, they say they'll start an investigation. Hang up, phone rings, fucker is downstairs. Took almost 1h30 instead of 30mins, probably just noted the delivery so he wouldn't get fucked for the late delivery. Was getting real annoyed because it was a 1300euros delivery, so it would have made a lot of fucking sense for someone to steal it, and I'd have to prove I didn't in fact receive it which they might be cunts about due to the value.

Oh and the motherboard I ordered last week is getting here only tomorrow, last thing I need for my new build, so I can't assemble anything. That's if they actually deliver, since last time these guys delivered, they said I wasn't there because they were too lazy and I had to wait another day to grab it at the post office.

Delivery is really fucking shit nowadays. Even when you pay premium for the "better" services, it's a lot of shit. Hope it gets better when I move to a house instead of an appartment but I'm sure some of these fucks will just stay in their cars in front of my door just so they can pretend they tried to deliver and I wasn't there.

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Damn what shithole euro country is that? I had some bad luck with some guys here in germany because I live in bumfuck nowhere, end of the world, where they just don't want to drive the additional 5 miles today and maybe come back tomorrow, despite it being an amazon prime next day delivery, but your stories take the cake.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn what shithole euro country is that? I had some bad luck with some guys here in germany because I live in bumfuck nowhere, end of the world, where they just don't want to drive the additional 5 miles today and maybe come back tomorrow, despite it being an amazon prime next day delivery, but your stories take the cake.
That's in Paris. Amazon tends to be pretty good generally, especially the same day delivery I haven't had a problem with that yet, but as soon as they start using the national postal service stuff(La Poste/Chronopost) it's pretty random wether I'm getting the package or not, and that's what most companies use to deliver stuff since it's cheaper. UPS/DHL kinda depends but rarely get to use them.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh I see. Well I have no idea how bad it is in big cities but I imagine being a delivery person there is fucking hell.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Also this shit is rustling my jimmies. Maximum. Every game I've played in the last 4 decades that even had a choice had male and female. Fucking fuck.

n719a75e6ej11.png

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do those retarded pieces of shit come from and why are they still here, on our world? It's a FUCKING GAME. Also, your mental illness about gender needs to be kept to your self, you fucking entitled, addled, waste of space.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously we needed trans activism when Tetris was first made so that every piece would be the square piece and we wouldn't have the piece of toxic masculinity that our family nicknamed Mr. Tubular

te.jpeg

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Was walking into the grocery store from the parking lot when 2 women with a baby asked if I had a license. They then said they just got busted by the cops for driving without a license and would pay me to move their car for them. I kept waking but it been rustling me trying to figure out what kind of scam they were running and how it worked.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was walking into the grocery store from the parking lot when 2 women with a baby asked if I had a license. They then said they just got busted by the cops for driving without a license and would pay me to move their car for them. I kept waking but it been rustling me trying to figure out what kind of scam they were running and how it worked.

It sounds more like they just wanted to have their car moved so it doesn't get towed and they don't have to shell out a couple hundo to get it out.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It sounds more like they just wanted to have their car moved so it doesn't get towed and they don't have to shell out a couple hundo to get it out.
It’s in an area with frequent panhandlers and people coming up asking “hey my car just ran out of gas and my wife/girlfriend/dog is in the hospital” etc. It’s also waaaay back in a shopping center and not near a road. It was definelty some kind of scam I just can’t figure out how it was suppose to work.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It’s in an area with frequent panhandlers and people coming up asking “hey my car just ran out of gas and my wife/girlfriend/dog is in the hospital” etc. It’s also waaaay back in a shopping center and not near a road. It was definelty some kind of scam I just can’t figure out how it was suppose to work.

Seems pretty obvious that it's a robbery. They give you fake keys, you go in the car, and someone is in the back seat (or comes up to the car) locks the door with a keyfob, and then tries to rob you and you're basically stuck in the car.

That's my first guess. Damn good criminals (and fucking vaccuum salesmen) use cute/innocent women to make you weak.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking mosquitoes man. Problem is here people dont think about them because its the desert so they let their backyards or whatever fill up with worthless junk that become the perfect breeding ground for them after a good rain storm. Rain comes in, mosquitoes for the next 2-3 weeks.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

You're the kind of idiot who will be taken by this. You don't need a license to drive in a parking lot around here and I'd wager that's pretty standard all over the US. Parking lots are private property, not public roadways.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
You're the kind of idiot who will be taken by this. You don't need a license to drive in a parking lot around here and I'd wager that's pretty standard all over the US. Parking lots are private property, not public roadways.

Same reason I blow through STOP signs and ignore those 5 MPH signs in shopping plazas. Private property signs not enforcable by tickets :p

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users