Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
lol @ thinking those register jockeys are intentionally ripping you off on your produce buys. I'd like to see that training video.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lol @ thinking those register jockeys are intentionally ripping you off on your produce buys. I'd like to see that training video.

You read that wrong, he was saying people at self-checkouts type in the wrong code so they can save themselves money. Since it's the same weight it doesn't set off the bag weight warning.

• 2Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I still feel guilty about the time about 2 years ago when I was at self checkout and was buying some shitake mushrooms for soup. I couldn't find the item code in the lookup so I called for help and the Safeway employee just rang them up as white button mushrooms.

True white guilt :(

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Fuck this.

Close friends of mine have a son who has been battling cancer for four years. Chemo was the only thing keeping him alive. Three months ago they ran out of treatment options. There was simply no more they could do - and holy fuck did they do a lot. Three months was it. He died.

This 27 year old was a talented violin player who had a degree as an electrical engineer. He was contributing, he was vibrant, and he was such a generous person. He gave so much. And I'm not saying this because he just died.

Now my friends have to bury their son. And that's fucking bullshit. It's such fucking bullshit.

No one should ever have to bury one of their kids.

I'm tasked with writing the funeral service. I also have to be the one delivering the liturgy for the service. I've known this kid since he was 4. I taught him how to play violin in an ensemble. I bought him hamburgers after rehearsal. And now I have to call to order a service that will acknowledge his death, and lead us to putting him into the ground.

Fuck everything and everyone for right now.

• 18Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 19 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this shit is bananas.gif

• 1Harrow

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sister in law up on soap box about how homemade gifts are superior and a wonderful lesson to the kids.
No. They're not. Your shit either takes up space because it's worthless and inferior or it's thrown away.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Random headaches, where OTC drugs don't help at all.
I go in spats of having severe headaches 2_3 times a week nothing helps. In recent years been more rare and longer between. Though I also get sinus headaches from weather fronts.

Was just coming to bitch, my fto in the sheriffs trades have me 12 days off basically. Sick with a cold by the night I got off, had one day I worked a shift sick, then mostly better xmas day.

Then I woke up at 4am with a more severe than normal headache that lasted until like 2pm, in bed wishing for relief the whole time.

So all said and done I'm getting like 4 decent days off, but I suppose it's better than working thru that during training.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If either of you are smokers, it's likely the cause. I was experiencing similar headaches over the years and they pretty much immediately stopped after quitting.

Also, don't discount orgasms as great headache relievers.

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I'm starting to get mild sinus infections more often. That leads to eyestrain and that leads to headaches.

That's all directly traceable to smoking. And that's not even considering blood pressure, which smoking will elevate and which also causes headaches.

I know i'm gonna have to quit before much longer. Maximum Rustle.

• 1Rustled

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm starting to get mild sinus infections more often. That leads to eyestrain and that leads to headaches.

That's all directly traceable to smoking. And that's not even considering blood pressure, which smoking will elevate and which also causes headaches.

I know i'm gonna have to quit before much longer. Maximum Rustle.

Try Chantix. I took it about 10 years ago after smoking for about 20.

The vivid dream thing is real. And I guess some people commit suicide so watch out for that. I never had an issue while taking it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think I probably will. I've used various gums and lozenges before. They do work. I actually got to like the gum on its own merit. It's the old joke about I quit three times last month so i'm getting really good at it!

You know how it is, it's the mental addiction. I can quit for a predefined period of time and just be mean for a day or two then get over it. So I just gotta man up and define that period as "for the rest of it".

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think I probably will. I've used various gums and lozenges before. They do work. I actually got to like the gum on its own merit. It's the old joke about I quit three times last month so i'm getting really good at it!

You know how it is, it's the mental addiction. I can quit for a predefined period of time and just be mean for a day or two then get over it. So I just gotta man up and define that period as "for the rest of it".

Have you given vaping an honest try? It comes with its own problems, but is really good as the first big step towards quitting. It allows you to break the cig habit without the horrible nicotine withdrawals and transitions you into smaller but more frequent nicotine hits, which for most means less nicotine overall.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
If either of you are smokers, it's likely the cause. I was experiencing similar headaches over the years and they pretty much immediately stopped after quitting.

I don't smoke, and when I get really bad headaches they are exacerbated by orgasms. I was up till around 4am last night, and could only sleep till 730. Im exhausted.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My fucking inlaws. In general they are great, and we get along great. However, they are collectively the most fucking disgusting eaters in the fucking world. I have had to leave every meal we've had together. The option was say something nasty to them or leave. The trouble is, I'm two rooms away and I can still hear the smacking/schlecking/disgusting sounds coming from them slopping food into their fucking mouths. It makes me want to barf. One day here left, and I'm doing the cooking, so I'll have to stay in the kitchen while they are eating in the dining room.

I fucking hate people who chew with their mouths open. It is so disgusting and selfish.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Not a smoker, and your fucking insane, if I have a headache, it gets 4x worse if I rub one out.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My fucking inlaws. In general they are great, and we get along great. However, they are collectively the most fucking disgusting eaters in the fucking world. I have had to leave every meal we've had together. The option was say something nasty to them or leave. The trouble is, I'm two rooms away and I can still hear the smacking/schlecking/disgusting sounds coming from them slopping food into their fucking mouths. It makes me want to barf. One day here left, and I'm doing the cooking, so I'll have to stay in the kitchen while they are eating in the dining room.

I fucking hate people who chew with their mouths open. It is so disgusting and selfish.
I have zero hesitation verbalizing that I have severe misophonia, and that the way they're chewing is conjuring up in my mind a dozen ways in which I would like to murder them. Obviously I'm not going to because I have self control (to a point), but it is in their best interest if they didn't eat like fucking savages. It's like if someone were to piss their pants while at the table. Show some fucking respect or go somewhere else. The only time I can't do this is at a bar and some ocean cockroach is suckling and slurping on sauced hot wings. It drives me to the brink and then I have to go chain smoke two cigarettes to calm my nerves and prevent me from face slamming their head into the bar.

I really wish this wasn't a thing. It scares me a little the level of violent thought that comes about over something as simple as chewing with your mouth open. Thoughts like standing up, ripping their fork out of their hand, stabbing them in the eye, forcibly face fucking them with a chicken drumstick, ripping them off their chair by the hair, dragging them outside and bludgeoning them with a 2x4, then carelessly disposing of the body in a garbage dump.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you should try acting on it just once. I think I know how it will go and it will cure you of your grandiose violent thoughts even if it doesn't cure you of your mental issue.

Mine today is some piece of shit telemarketer machine that keeps calling me and when I don't answer it somehow leaves 2 voice-mail messages. They've done it twice today so far. The voice-mails don't even wait for the greeting to finish so I don't hear the first part.