Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe you should try acting on it just once. I think I know how it will go and it will cure you of your grandiose violent thoughts even if it doesn't cure you of your mental issue.

Mine today is some piece of shit telemarketer machine that keeps calling me and when I don't answer it somehow leaves 2 voice-mail messages. They've done it twice today so far. The voice-mails don't even wait for the greeting to finish so I don't hear the first part.

I decline numbers like that, and it'll immediately ring back like 4-5 times before it gives up, hate it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My fucking inlaws. In general they are great, and we get along great. However, they are collectively the most fucking disgusting eaters in the fucking world. I have had to leave every meal we've had together. The option was say something nasty to them or leave. The trouble is, I'm two rooms away and I can still hear the smacking/schlecking/disgusting sounds coming from them slopping food into their fucking mouths. It makes me want to barf. One day here left, and I'm doing the cooking, so I'll have to stay in the kitchen while they are eating in the dining room.

I fucking hate people who chew with their mouths open. It is so disgusting and selfish.

Why the Sound of Noisy Eating Can Make Some People so Angry

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The noisy eating complaints belong in the First World Problems thread.

• 1Picard

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I have zero hesitation verbalizing that I have severe misophonia, and that the way they're chewing is conjuring up in my mind a dozen ways in which I would like to murder them. Obviously I'm not going to because I have self control (to a point), but it is in their best interest if they didn't eat like fucking savages. It's like if someone were to piss their pants while at the table. Show some fucking respect or go somewhere else. The only time I can't do this is at a bar and some ocean cockroach is suckling and slurping on sauced hot wings. It drives me to the brink and then I have to go chain smoke two cigarettes to calm my nerves and prevent me from face slamming their head into the bar.

I really wish this wasn't a thing. It scares me a little the level of violent thought that comes about over something as simple as chewing with your mouth open. Thoughts like standing up, ripping their fork out of their hand, stabbing them in the eye, forcibly face fucking them with a chicken drumstick, ripping them off their chair by the hair, dragging them outside and bludgeoning them with a 2x4, then carelessly disposing of the body in a garbage dump.

Uh, er, have you said anything yet? Not sure how you'd approach it lol, but, and I might be wrong here, but it SEEMS to be bothering you a bit.

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Yeah, I know this. The other side of things is that it's fucking inconsiderate. Honestly, who do you think gets up in the morning and says, "You know what I want to hear today? People orally processing their food. That sounds awesome."

I have zero hesitation verbalizing that I have severe misophonia, and that the way they're chewing is conjuring up in my mind a dozen ways in which I would like to murder them. Obviously I'm not going to because I have self control (to a point), but it is in their best interest if they didn't eat like fucking savages. It's like if someone were to piss their pants while at the table. Show some fucking respect or go somewhere else. The only time I can't do this is at a bar and some ocean cockroach is suckling and slurping on sauced hot wings. It drives me to the brink and then I have to go chain smoke two cigarettes to calm my nerves and prevent me from face slamming their head into the bar.

I really wish this wasn't a thing. It scares me a little the level of violent thought that comes about over something as simple as chewing with your mouth open. Thoughts like standing up, ripping their fork out of their hand, stabbing them in the eye, forcibly face fucking them with a chicken drumstick, ripping them off their chair by the hair, dragging them outside and bludgeoning them with a 2x4, then carelessly disposing of the body in a garbage dump.

We may be twins separated at birth.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Start having food poisoning Christmas Eve around 11pm, spent all of christmas throwing up and being miserable, days later still dealing with nausea. Fuck food poisoning of mysterious whereabouts, and especially fuck nausea after you are 100% certain you have nothing left in your stomach but your stomachs still a dick.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I know this. The other side of things is that it's fucking inconsiderate. Honestly, who do you think gets up in the morning and says, "You know what I want to hear today? People orally processing their food. That sounds awesome."

The problem is, that's not the other side of things. That link is explaining that it's all you. My wife has this mental disease too and I'm constantly accused of chewing with my mouth open when I'm not. So I'm not inclined to believe you when you claim that everyone in the world chews open mouthed. I mean, unless you've asked them to chew quieter and they're trying to make as much noise as possible to help you out. Desensitization is an appropriate therapy for this type of crazy.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$20k motorcycle and I have a small bb sized pit down to bare metal after 60 miles. It's high and on the side of the tank, really bizzare spot. Torn between the fucking poor people living next to inlaws shot it w/ something at christmas, or just lucky with a side ways flung rock on the highway. Difficult color to get matched, metallic flake green.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider

We may be twins separated at birth.

Just to be clear, you two have the problem and not everyone else regardless of the fact that some research says it is an actual "disorder". So either deal with it by walking away or grow the fuck some balls. You're getting your jimmies rustled because you can't handle your shit. I actual feel bad for your in-laws/friends that have to put up with your shit.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Just to be clear, you two have the problem and not everyone else regardless of the fact that some research says it is an actual "disorder". So either deal with it by walking away or grow the fuck some balls. You're getting your jimmies rustled because you can't handle your shit. I actual feel bad for your in-laws/friends that have to put up with your shit.

Its A and B. This is a bitch at people thread and I fucking hate people that were never had proper parents to teach them to chew with their fucking mouth closed. Most people chew with their mouth closed but everyone slips when youre paying attention. Open mouth chewing people should be shot but if you pay attention, everyone pisses you off.

The FedEx guy put my packages on the sopping wet floor instead of 7 inches further to a rug that wasnt soaking wet. Thats aggravating.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's not everyone, and misophonia is a legit thing if you could experience my head when it happens. It's a very small number of people who suck at eating. My wife smacks her mouth and I give her a dirty look and she closes her lips (what she can't see is chip flakes sputtering out of her mouth as she chews). I also only notice her because she'll chew food right next to my face, which is another peeve, but not a serious one.

I'm talking about the fat fuck (or mostly fat fucks) who are nearly making love to their food. I shouldn't hear slurping noises, mouth slack jawed as the tongue massages whatever is in their mouth, to the point that they're damn near drooling on the table. Then puckering and felating each finger clean like it's a Sasha Grey impersonation competition.

• 1Cringe

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The problem is, that's not the other side of things. That link is explaining that it's all you. My wife has this mental disease too and I'm constantly accused of chewing with my mouth open when I'm not. So I'm not inclined to believe you when you claim that everyone in the world chews open mouthed. I mean, unless you've asked them to chew quieter and they're trying to make as much noise as possible to help you out. Desensitization is an appropriate therapy for this type of crazy.

You I have a friend that accuses me off this stuff when I'm eating or drinking completely normally. The one that gets him most is apparently the noise I make at the end of a drink off a water bottle. I've even recorded myself to make sure that I wasn't making any abnormal sounds that I didn't notice while making them. And it sounded totally normal.

It's a bizarre thing, the people that have misophonia really have no clue that they're just being nuts.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Managers who delegate a task to supervision (me), provide no details how they want it done, and then come back post hoc and say "you didn't do it the way I wanted you to do it."

361355909f89012f2fe600163e41dd5b

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taking tree down and every damn ornament that I didn't put up has its hooks wrapped around the branch instead of dangling for easy removal.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
To be clear, I know I'm quite sensitive to this, but my in-laws chew so much with their mouth open that food falling out of their mouths is a regular occurrence. My kids, who are not sensitive to this, commented on the way home that their grandma/grandpa/cousins/uncles/aunts are really quite disgusting when they eat. Am I too sensitive? Maybe. Are they fucking disgusting when they eat? Absolutely. Additionally, I said I walked away. I'm not going to say something, I'm just going to deal with it.

Fuck. Guess posting about things that rustle your jimmies in the "what's rustling your jimmies thread" gets some people pretty triggered.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You I have a friend that accuses me off this stuff when I'm eating or drinking completely normally. The one that gets him most is apparently the noise I make at the end of a drink off a water bottle. I've even recorded myself to make sure that I wasn't making any abnormal sounds that I didn't notice while making them. And it sounded totally normal.

It's a bizarre thing, the people that have misophonia really have no clue that they're just being nuts.
Oh I'm completely aware of when and how and who. As far as drinking a soda, when you slurp out of the top of the can (inhaling) instead of letting the fluid just flow into your mouth... Instead of slurping the bit on the edge of the rim. This is literally a movie trope.

It's amazing to some folks that it is entirely possible to eat without creating any sound.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Fuck. Guess posting about things that rustle your jimmies in the "what's rustling your jimmies thread" gets some people pretty triggered.

I think what you're missing is that a couple of us are rustled about having to deal with people who have the same brand of crazy. BTW try turning up the TV or radio. It only bothers my wife if she's thinking about it. If she's distracted by something else she doesn't notice it unless I go "Am i eating too loud now?"

Also, unless I missed vanessa posting about having a jimmy when she's really a woman, we don't generally post about the triggering of our mental disorders. This aint no safe space.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think what you're missing is that a couple of us are rustled about having to deal with people who have the same brand of crazy. BTW try turning up the TV or radio. It only bothers my wife if she's thinking about it. If she's distracted by something else she doesn't notice it unless I go "Am i eating too loud now?"

Also, unless I missed vanessa posting about having a jimmy when she's really a woman, we don't generally post about the triggering of our mental disorders. This aint no safe space.

No TV or radio available during family dinners. Just food falling out of their mouths back on to their plates because their mouth is so open when chewing.

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The cold therapy ice cuff machine I was prescribed for my knee surgery gives off enough heat to noticeably raise the temperature in my room and make me uncomfortable.