Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sister had to put her dog down today. 12 year old yellow lab. First thing my sister did when she got her was bring her over my apartment. Little puppy went straight to my room, sniffed me, and plopped down under my bed. Sweetest, most chill dog ever.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Sister had to put her dog down today. 12 year old yellow lab. First thing my sister did when she got her was bring her over my apartment. Little puppy went straight to my room, sniffed me, and plopped down under my bed. Sweetest, most chill dog ever.
how do you get rustled from slain dog?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Small sink in my kitchen. Overly large colander. Both provided for by my job, in whose housing I live. Got fed up tonight and smashed the colander into one hundred pieces.

Good thing they are 50 cents at the store.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Currently visiting in California and can't find a plastic straw. Wtf is with california's homeless? It's like the cities just let them make quasi houses in the middle of downtown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Currently visiting in California and can't find a plastic straw. Wtf is with california's homeless? It's like the cities just let them make quasi houses in the middle of downtown.

Bro why the fuck didn't you smuggle some in? Way to do some basic research on your travel destination. I hope you never go overseas.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Huh. I didn't even think about that. I've been to Wendy's, Togo's, and McDonald's since the new year. All had plastic straws. What's the deal with that?

(Yes, I'm in Commiefornia.)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The wife and I were at a dinner party on Saturday night with two other couples, one of which I had never met before. Halfway through the evening someone said I was "lucky" about something, to which I replied "I don't like the word luck, I prefer fortunate." They asked why and I said the word "luck" tends to remove one's personal accountability for events in their life. Not that I never use the word luck, but I try my best to be accountable for all my actions in life good or bad, things don't just happen to me. Then the dude that I never met before says to me "you have to admit you are lucky that you were born white."

Basically he did not even listen to my response about personal accountability in an effort to challenge me and further his own personal agenda. All the conversations prior to this was about college or kids or our town etc, again this is the first time I met him. Like WTF dude? Religion and Politics are things you don't discuss at a nice dinner party meeting people for the first time. or at the very least you don't draw a line in the sand the way he did. Perhaps make a gray area political comment first and see how I react and size me up. Up until that point it was a nice evening and we were all getting along great.

Out of respect for the Dinner hosts I did not take the bait and I defused it pretty quickly, however in my mind I had like 10 inflammatory things I wanted to say.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Huh. I didn't even think about that. I've been to Wendy's, Togo's, and McDonald's since the new year. All had plastic straws. What's the deal with that?

(Yes, I'm in Commiefornia.)

As far as I know it's only in a couple places. Santa Barbara and San Francisco I think.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The wife and I were at a dinner party on Saturday night with two other couples, one of which I had never met before. Halfway through the evening someone said I was "lucky" about something, to which I replied "I don't like the word luck, I prefer fortunate." They asked why and I said the word "luck" tends to remove one's personal accountability for events in their life. Not that I never use the word luck, but I try my best to be accountable for all my actions in life good or bad, things don't just happen to me. Then the dude that I never met before says to me "you have to admit you are lucky that you were born white."

Basically he did not even listen to my response about personal accountability in an effort to challenge me and further his own personal agenda. All the conversations prior to this was about college or kids or our town etc, again this is the first time I met him. Like WTF dude? Religion and Politics are things you don't discuss at a nice dinner party meeting people for the first time. or at the very least you don't draw a line in the sand the way he did. Perhaps make a gray area political comment first and see how I react and size me up. Up until that point it was a nice evening and we were all getting along great.

Out of respect for the Dinner hosts I did not take the bait and I defused it pretty quickly, however in my mind I had like 10 inflammatory things I wanted to say.
I've started rolling my eyes and saying, "Oh, why didn't you tell me you were just trying to virtue signal instead of having an actual conversation?" It works on Facebook too.

If by worked I mean pisses them off.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Figure I need a degree to be competitive these days, am about halfway through. I forgot how much I HATE math. Other courses were a breeze, now I'm doing super word problems that take like 20 minutes each, and there's like 20 of them per chapter. It's the first course in the semester so I feel so far behind. I hate HATE math QQ /rant

• 1Solidarity

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Figure I need a degree to be competitive these days, am about halfway through. I forgot how much I HATE math. Other courses were a breeze, now I'm doing super word problems that take like 20 minutes each, and there's like 20 of them per chapter. It's the first course in the semester so I feel so far behind. I hate HATE math QQ /rant

Damn, man. Sometimes I get bummed out that I never made it into graduate school. And that I didn't study math or science in college. Then I remember word problems and I'm like, "You know what. I kind of like that fact I'm interested in grammar." Fuck math.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cop family member warned me just now that they were briefed today to start patrolling neighborhoods (rotating sectors, but starting with mine tomorrow/tonight), ticketing cars parked facing the "wrong direction" and blocking driveways - even ones owned by the parker.

So instead of popping into my street and parking in front of my house, I'm to drive 3x the distance to end parked a particular way? or do awkward 4-point turns to flip around. For what? for fucking what? There is no reason to intrude this way. Parking that way causes no obstruction or danger.

• 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Cop family member warned me just now that they were briefed today to start patrolling neighborhoods (rotating sectors, but starting with mine tomorrow/tonight), ticketing cars parked facing the "wrong direction" and blocking driveways - even ones owned by the parker.

So instead of popping into my street and parking in front of my house, I'm to drive 3x the distance to end parked a particular way? or do awkward 4-point turns to flip around. For what? for fucking what? There is no reason to intrude this way. Parking that way causes no obstruction or danger.

They need to get some of those cops over where I live. Just recently moved into a new apartment with street parking only, and i see sooooooooooooooooo much of this:

comparison.png

These are the cocksuckers they should be giving tickets to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Welcome to a commonly known traffic code like fucking everywhere? Maybe in some states it isn't a thing but places I've been it's kinda a big deal to park "against traffic". And that includes even tight narrow Denver streets that are so skinny you get 2 lanes of parked cars and basically only enough for 2 way traffic if both sides creep pretty slow to avoid hitting anything.

I sympathize about in front of your own drive way. My parent in laws have same dillema especially since on the narrow front face of the house there's a fire hydrant right past the drive way eliminating another spot basically. But gotta realize, giant pita if nothing else for them to even begin to attempt to figure out who's a resident vs not of a home. Though /tinfoil would be they also don't want more barriers if they need to SWAT the house and ram a bear cat in the garage door or something lol.