Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Working on my deck today, my kids are helping me move lumber. 2x8x16' dropped on my foot.

Thanks for the help. Fuck my foot hurts.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boss decided he's got what it takes to mix feed today, so far he's mixed 1 wrong batch, plugged our grain cleaner, plugged the leg elevator, and ran 1 tractor dry of fuel. Great fucking day.

Edit in: not one piece of equipment locked out or tagged while working on it... I'd lose my job

• 1WTF

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At work they wanted me to review a drawing for how 2 pieces of equipment are connected. No problem, making shit work together is one of my favorite parts of this job. So I redline the drawings, give it to the drafter, he sends it back to me, I OK it and send it to the boss. Boss has picked out 3 or 4 things now that he thinks are wrong and wants me to double check. I wanna tell him "look, you have the original, you have my redlines. If I put a fucking red line through something then that's what it is. I already checked. I didn't miss it, the CAD guy didn't misunderstand, that's just what it is. Don't come ask me to double check shit unless you see something that I might not have noticed. If it's got red marks all over it, I clearly saw it and did my due diligence"

Instead, I spend 15-30 minutes each time making sure I didn't miss something, then another who knows how long exchanging emails explaining it, and finally he calls me to see if I'm sure. "oh well it's just that its different than the old one" Yes, it is. Because we are using different equipment. If it wasn't different, we wouldn't be updating this drawing.

• 1WTF

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"American Football"

Screenshot_20190824-220958_Gallery.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hosted a kids birthday party and one of the parents had sporadic psycho disciplinarian moments to all the kids. I should have told her to fuck off and let the kids have fun. One of the things involved marshmallows on the cake. "You'll get what you get and like it!" This morning I'm looking at the cake remains and there are more than enough marshmallows. Fuck her and fuck me for not speaking up.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My girlfriend lately takes things I say the wrong way all the time. If I say anything even close to being a criticism she ends up twisting it into something that she gets defensive over. Example that just happened -- we just got to her Grandparent's farm for her sister's wedding, really old place, has a "since 1863" sign. Apparently it has no bathroom, so we drove 12 miles to her parents' house to take her aunt and mother to the bathroom. I said "damn that's a long way to go for the bathroom," as in it's a bummer that anyone that needs or wants a flushable toilet has to go so far. She took it as in I was criticising her mom and aunt for going so far, as if they should have just figured out a different solution, saying "well I don't know I'm sure they wanted to come here for other things too."

This kind of thing happens probably a dozen times a day every day I'd say.
Call it lucky to find out. Yeah it sucks you have to go through the inconvenience of finding another. But once you get malice, it'll be unending. In the bright side, there are women who don't do this.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
As opposed to European football...

5YHnRFJ.gif

517c6e54cab01.jpeg
They should get carded for that shit.

Onto my own rustle, parenting edition, when things are going smooth and one kid who had been perfectly fine suddenly gets possessive or obsessive over a detail that might not even be relevant to anything and then all the kids join in and so much for that activity and the money spent on it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Call it lucky to find out. Yeah it sucks you have to go through the inconvenience of finding another. But once you get malice, it'll be unending. In the bright side, there are women who don't do this.

all these responses telling me to leave her -- i'm starting to think i'm just one of the lucky people who found a girl that actually has a capacity for change and growth. i suppose that might not be "lucky" because, if i'm being totally selfish, i'd rather have someone that didn't have to grow in the first place, but i'm not TOTALLY selfish so *shrugs*. i've talked to her about what was bothering me, she's quit doing it for now. i do worry because we seem to end up in this cycle where shit is good for a few months then something like this comes up, then we end up having a spat, then things are back to good for awhile. but yeah, things are so much better than they were at the beginning of the relationship, this most recent bit isn't that big of a deal. if we'd been together 3.5 years and nothing like this had ever come up i think i'd be more worried, because then obviously she's hiding a lot of emotions haha. because every woman has a bit of crazy in her just waiting to come out, the trick is finding someone whose crazy matches your crazy i suppose...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've all got the "I told you so" locked and loaded. But....good luck.

You can't see it when you're in it. We've been there, seen it, done it, gotten hurt from it. Trying to save you the same pain.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What Burren said. Technically you're not wrong. Technically there is a slim margin. But odds are against it. Then again I don't think perfection is required for a lasting relationship, just a tolerance of modes of bullshit. and perhaps you can withstand it.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hey i'm not perfect either, i'm sure she's described some of my behavior to her friends and had them tell her to leave me, too.

but hey i honestly do appreciate the advice, guys. it's good to hear this stuff once in awhile as a sort of litmus test for what's going on with myself subconsciously. :p

it's been 3.5 years and we spend just about every minute of every day together when she's not at work. i don't care who it is, anyone i spend that much time with is gonna end up getting on my nerves eventually. we get along the majority of that time, too, fights are pretty rare anymore. especially compared to our first year together, eeeeesh haha.

i do honestly believe that we are both making an effort to recognize our flaws and better ourselves. she's quite a different person than she was when we first started dating, and most of those changes have been for the good.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
we spend just about every minute of every day together when she's not at work.

That's a problem, imho. Keep individual lives going, too. If your entire life, social life, friend circle, etc. is just this one other person, you're in trouble. It'll drive you crazy eventually.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie doesn't rustle my jims, on the contrary it's basically a giant rant from somebody who is rustled and it's great. (Free with Prime Video)

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They should get carded for that shit.

They do when caught and the implementation of the VAR will eventually make it a lot more correct. Eventually.

I've dealt with the people in charge of soccer on a national level, and most of them are about 3000 years old.

I mean Sepp Blatter still has a very strong influence on FIFA, he was born in 1936 and might even get reelected after his ban ends in 2022.

This is Fellaini btw, one of the better Belgian players:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's a problem, imho. Keep individual lives going, too. If your entire life, social life, friend circle, etc. is just this one other person, you're in trouble. It'll drive you crazy eventually.

yeah we are aware it's a problem, and we've been making efforts to be more social... we went to the bar with some of her work friends a few weeks ago, for the first time in forever. we both have social anxiety, i have depression, and i've been going through chemotherapy for awhile. all sounds like excuses, i know, they're pretty poor excuses if they are :) i'm just venting

we have so few IRL friends that some days she and i have conversations about the people on this forum. she has an account here, but she logs on pretty seldom so i figured she wouldn't see the post. but when i was angry i told her how the guys on FoH were telling me i should dump her, so she ended up tracking down the thread (don't blame her i'd probably do the same) and it made her pretty bummed, she didn't get angry at me for it tho. whereas a few years ago she would have gotten angry i think.

trying not to let the fact that she might see these posts color what i'm saying, tho. we try to be honest with each other when we can. sometimes we end up messing that up when what we think are little white lies end up being bad ideas, but for the most part i think we're successful. so even tho i was hoping she wouldn't see this thread, her first response when she did is that i didn't say anything here i hadn't told her in person, yada yada yada, so how can she get mad...

wrote half this last night and half tonight i know it's rambling, don't mind me gents.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
20190828_095655.jpg
I originally cut a neat shape for pouring. Somebody came after and cut a sloppy hole for spooning.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got laid off today. "Restructuring the company." Feels bad bros, I had 4 years here.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users