Whats rustling your jimmies?

Siliconemelons

Just got the husband's car fixed a month ago after someone last year put a dent in his door with theirs. Gets out of work today, and sure enough there's another fucking dent/chip in the door, minus the person actually telling him he did it, so guess we're not getting money to fix it this time. How the fuck hard is it to not hit shit with your fucking doors? Christ.

kids

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Car started making a weird thumping noise while driving. I have pressure monitors, and it would stop when I straightened the wheel out, so I knew it wasn't a flat. Extended warranty, so I took it to the dealer and got a loaner yesterday.

Called me today, told me the techs have no idea whats causing the noise, and they are going to replace the axle under warranty and see if that fixes it, but it will obviously be sometime next week.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Bought a Greenworks electric mower. It sucked, battery would last for .005% of my lawn, it sounded like a drone because it had 2 blades, with 2" of gap between them so it would leave a strip of grass down the middle. Like, you have one job mower! It had a recall on it luckily, because it catches fire, literally. Sure enough, it melted down so off it goes.

I'm really dumb though, so I bought an Ego electric mower, one big blade, big battery should be fine! It was glorious for a few months, then the overheat light would come on as soon as I run it. Been sent off for warranty. One month later (and a jungle backyard) and they're finally sending me one.

What's wrong with me? Why do I keep trying electric mowers? QQ

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bought a Greenworks electric mower. It sucked, battery would last for .005% of my lawn, it sounded like a drone because it had 2 blades, with 2" of gap between them so it would leave a strip of grass down the middle. Like, you have one job mower! It had a recall on it luckily, because it catches fire, literally. Sure enough, it melted down so off it goes.

I'm really dumb though, so I bought an Ego electric mower, one big blade, big battery should be fine! It was glorious for a few months, then the overheat light would come on as soon as I run it. Been sent off for warranty. One month later (and a jungle backyard) and they're finally sending me one.

What's wrong with me? Why do I keep trying electric mowers? QQ
Hmm that sucks was planning on buying one. Are these like entry models or more expensive shit?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have the kobalt electric mower and it's going on 3 years fwiw - Battery lasts for little over 1/4 acre depending on how high I let the grass get

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Hmm that sucks was planning on buying one. Are these like entry models or more expensive shit?

The EGO one worked really well. I borrowed my neighbors gas one just so the front yard didnt look like shit, and it felt like a huge step backwards. Battery one was quieter, lighter, and went from tall weeds to 2nd lowest cut with no problems. None of them are cheap unfortunately.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Did you know that when airline stewardesses fart as they are walking down the plane aisle they call it cropdusting? It's a real thing.

Some of the great pleasures of commuting to work every day on the train:

(1) Random, sneaky farters - that cloud of noxious gas lasts a little longer in enclosed spaces and moves slooooooowly
(2) Entitled assholes thinking they are more important and in more of a rush than everyone else so they rush and push and butt in front of you (especially the professional women who give you that "look" when you purposely block them - which I do now: welcome to feminism, bitch).
(3) Drunken, loud, swearing, obnoxious natives at 6 am in the morning. My tax dollars at work, helping those in need.
(4) Bad breath - brush your teeth, you twat. Or get some help.

Moving this, and the quote, to the the Rustled thread!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I got so much to do and every week I make plans on doing the stuff I need to do on the weekend. And I end up not doing basically any of it. And it piles up. I got vacation coming up in November and I already know that soon I'll start convincing myself that I'll do everything then, and end up doing nothing. It's frustrating as hell. And I keep spending money on stupid shit. And I can't sleep. I can't remember when was the last time I had a solid uninterrupted 7 hours of sleep. It must have been years. And I have weird dreams

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It should be legal to shoot people who sit in their car blasting music at 7am.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This threads existence;

• 1Worf

leaf

Lurker Prime
<Silver Donator>
The EGO one worked really well. I borrowed my neighbors gas one just so the front yard didnt look like shit, and it felt like a huge step backwards. Battery one was quieter, lighter, and went from tall weeds to 2nd lowest cut with no problems. None of them are cheap unfortunately.

I have had an EGO mower since 2014, non self propelled, 20 inch deck, 5.0amp battery - original one. It's on its second house, now. Still cuts about .66 of the entire yard front back then needs a half hour to full charge to finish up. I love it, hangs up on the wall of the garage when im done. Among the best tool purchases I've made. Looking at an ego snow blower with the 7.5a batteries for this winter.
Only thing that rustles me is my wife says she would mow if we had a self propelled one. But it weighs like 1/10th of a gas one you dont need it! Women.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
They: "I see there's a thing here, want me to move it so you don't forget?"
Me: 'I'm aware of where it is (I put it there.)
Weeks later: *finds thing in different spot. Reminded that it's too late to do it now.

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
NFLshop dot com. Fucking rinky dink bullshit place apparently running on 8086 microprocessors. I thought it was an official NFL store, but I guess not. It's just some poorly run wharehouse who must have sucked goodell's cock to get the NFL licensing agreement. I believe they also go by fanatics and maybe fans edge based on previous dealings with them all.

The story starts 2 years ago. I tried to order some shirts from fanatics and fans edge (as far as I knew, they were separate stores). They never showed up. I checked on the status of the orders and they had been canceled, but I couldn't figure out why. I asked customer no service and got no answer. Nor did I get an answer as to why they didn't inform me as soon as it was canceled. You had my fucking email, I know you did because I got the order confirmations. I didn't pursue it because the websites showed the shirts I wanted were all out of stock and I made a mental note "Fuck Fanatics ; Fuck Fan's Edge".

Earlier this year, I try to order another shirt, this time from nflshops dot com. I get a confirmation email. A week later I start wondering where my shirt is, check the status and it says pending. I contact tech support via chat and I'm told it was canceled, but they cannot tell me why. I have to call back between 8 and 5 M-F. The guy on the chat can't even tell me what fucking time zone they're in. That's how well they have their shit together.

I finally call back during the week, get sent to fan protection, and I find out the reason the order was canceled. Apparently they think my address is shady because there's a name associated with my account who shipped to tons of different addresses. I don't recognize the name, it's like smiley or some shit. The lady realizes this is a merchant and about a month before my orders 2 years ago, we had ordered something from him off of amazon (I think). So she clears that up, re-places my order and gives me free expedited shipping. OK great, I just want the fucking shirt before the season is over and / or it gets too cold to wear it.

Got the email confirmation. About a week later I start wondering where my shit is again. Check the status, it shows pending. WTF. I contact support, they tell me it's canceled because the full payment couldn't be applied to the credit card. /rolleyes. So I have to call them again. This time I'm told that the second order was placed too soon. Before my address was cleared. So it auto canceled again. Again, WHY IN THE FUCK AREN'T YOU INFORMING ME IMMEDIATELY! They offer a 25% off coupon for my trouble, and of course free shipping. OK great, I still just want the goddam shirt before they run out.

When she tries to enter the coupon code she can't. She says her system is acting up. So she'll have to charge me the full amount and refund the 25%. Fine, I don't care I just want the shirt! So that's where I am now. I'll update this post in a week when I again start wondering where the fuck my shirt is.

Like how fucking backwards do you have to be for any of this to happen, much less all of it.
1. Not recognize when a merchant is selling shit for you and block all of his customers. Especially since you apparently sell under at least 3 different names!
2. Not attempt to contact customers when their order is canceled.
3. Have a significant lag between clearing a security check and it actually being cleared in the system. It took about 10 min to re-do the order. I'm guessing the security stuff must be done in batch files overnight?
4. Not realize, as a customer service rep, that there is such a significant lag and handle the re-order accordingly.
5. Have a significant time lag between the issuance of a coupon and when it can be used. (close to 30 minutes)

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I can’t remember the specific details, but I also had a shitty experience with them a few years back trying to buy one of the limited edition Dolphins color rush jerseys for my husband for Christmas. Had ordered it, got a confirmation and an expected ship date. Week after the expected ship date I look into it and the orders cancelled for whatever reason. Never got notice or anything. Called them up and they said they don’t know why it was cancelled but sorry, they’re all sold out now. They eventually got a second stock of them and I was able to get one, but the process was really stupid and the communication was horrible.

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I have had an EGO mower since 2014, non self propelled, 20 inch deck, 5.0amp battery - original one. It's on its second house, now. Still cuts about .66 of the entire yard front back then needs a half hour to full charge to finish up. I love it, hangs up on the wall of the garage when im done. Among the best tool purchases I've made. Looking at an ego snow blower with the 7.5a batteries for this winter.
Only thing that rustles me is my wife says she would mow if we had a self propelled one. But it weighs like 1/10th of a gas one you dont need it! Women.

Update: Ever try to take care of something, but something goes wrong EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS? Company sent me a brand new mower, no battery in the box. More calls made, mower company says Home Depot has it, call local Home depot, they say the center they ship everything out to has it......call THEM, they say Antonio at my local store signed for it...goddamn it. Drive down in person, an hour later and still noone can find it. They dig up a display model battery, but of course it's 2.5 not 5.0 amps. Whatever, it's new I'll take it but say I'll be back for the real one.

Of course the next day they call, it was there the whole time =\ I come down, go to pick it up, they want the 2.5 amp battery back, but it's at home.

"Just bring it back in sometime this week"

Sure I'll get right on that.

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So in the state of Arizona its perfectly reasonable to be a doctor and have no idea your patient is 9 months pregnant until they are giving birth;

tl;dr some vegetable was raped non stop for god knows how long. Only way people found out was when she randomly gave birth one day. No one taking care of her asked questions why she stopped having her period 7-8 times in a row, no one questioned why her breasts started getting bigger and producing milk, no one questioned why her abdomen started getting bigger etc.

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users