Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Combo meals are a constant source of minor rustling for me. I just want water with lunch. Anytime I go somewhere that has a combo, I have to take the extra time to wait for them to ask if I want a combo and say no. They often interrupt my order to do it. I'm used to it, but sometimes, like today, the cashier wants to try to convince me. When they do, I usually let them run the numbers because every once in a while, it's a few pennies cheaper even if I don't want the drink. But today:

Cashier: You want to make that a combo?
Me: No I don't want a drink.
C: Are you sure? Your order is $x (I forgot the actual numbers). As a combo its $x + 50 cents. Only 50 cents more, plus you get a drink. Do you wanna do that?
Me: {stares at her} About to say something along the lines of "I'm aware of the general concept of a combo, sweetheart". But she catches on first.
C: OH, I guess if you don't want a drink that doesn't make sense. OK your total is $x-1.

I didn't even wanna ask how the fuck the total was a dollar less than what she originally told me. Did that mean the combo cost an extra $1.50? I choose to believe she gave me a special discount cause she wants to suck my dick.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, asked my boss in person tonight about my check in question and he gave me the run-around again, saying he saw it a few hours before I text him on Monday (don't believe at all) then saying he called payroll and the payroll lady said the hours were in there (lie because if payroll actually had the hours/etc. and it was just a problem with the physical check/stub getting lost then the hours/pay/taxes would have shown up on my most recent paystub YTD column), and then he ended by saying "it doesn't matter tho cause you got the money" (but it was effectively an under the table check for a lot less hourly rate than I am actually supposed to be getting paid.)

Now i'm just debating if I should tell him i'm not coming in any more or just not show up. I'm leaning towards the latter but maybe i'll be in a good mood tomorrow afternoon.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Welp, asked my boss in person tonight about my check in question and he gave me the run-around again, saying he saw it a few hours before I text him on Monday (don't believe at all) then saying he called payroll and the payroll lady said the hours were in there (lie because if payroll actually had the hours/etc. and it was just a problem with the physical check/stub getting lost then the hours/pay/taxes would have shown up on my most recent paystub YTD column), and then he ended by saying "it doesn't matter tho cause you got the money" (but it was effectively an under the table check for a lot less hourly rate than I am actually supposed to be getting paid.)

Now i'm just debating if I should tell him i'm not coming in any more or just not show up. I'm leaning towards the latter but maybe i'll be in a good mood tomorrow afternoon.

Should probably do more than just quit...if you're down money, fucking hose his ass legally. The shit his said blows my damn mind.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I don't understand why you are not fighting this more. I get it that your boss is being an annoying twat, and dancing around the issue, so why not call payroll directly? Tell them that they are wrong, and why, and see what happens? You have a lot of money saved up in the bank, but that doesn't mean you should just throw away a few hundred bucks because... "derp derp boss is annoying!"

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
IIRC, Mr. Wizard Z. Hawk has at least one active warrant. His boss probably knows this. Or at least, hires these types of people and knows he can get away with fucking them more than usual. Legal recourse might not be an option.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Excuse me, millenials... when the fuck did America become Mexico or Spain or Morocco?!? A 4:30 appointment (especially on a FRIDAY) means 4:30.

I was out the fucking door after 30 minutes of waiting on a day when I did not have to be there at all! PS- don't text me at 5:07pm to tell me your sorry-ass sob-story of why you couldn't be here. Especially at FIVE-OH-FUCKING-SEVEN. If you want to tell me you're running late, do it at 4:30 or BEFORE.

AND STOP FUCKING TEXTING ME THAT YOU'LL BE HERE AT SIX!!!!

Be my guest. I'm gone. I'm out the door and you're shit out of luck. Rustled big time!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Super Troopers. Not on hulu, netflix, or prime. How the fuck is such a classic unavailable. Gonna have to finally learn to be a pirate.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Super Troopers. Not on hulu, netflix, or prime. How the fuck is such a classic unavailable. Gonna have to finally learn to be a pirate.

It's available somewhere. I know because I've been looking for super troopers 2 for a while now. The problem is that it's not 'free' on any of those services. I don't know which one it was available for rent on because we have all 3.

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider

Tixati is the name of the client that I find most friendly.

You are welcome...
screen_shot_2018-01-19_at_10.35.47_am_-_h_2018.jpg

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I have a neighbor on one side that is nearly a shut-in that I've seen three times since moving into this house several years ago. He's the kind of guy who actually mows his lawn right after a severe downpour - that shit is creepy as fuck. On my other side is a lovely older couple that wanted to be my dear friend, but I don't qualify "friends" based on proximity. I prefer "polite acquaintance because we might have to fix our shared fence one day so don't hate me". But I found convenient excuses (lies) to avoid their "big summer party" for the last 2 years and now they appear to have disavowed me.

I fucking hate having fence neighbors and wish I lived on an acreage. Like I could afford that.

Still a billion times better than a townhouse, condo or apartment where you have to share actual walls with people. Fuck that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Today I got to hear all about drama with cousins who are ass deep in legal problems and have exacerbated them by procrastinating and doing nothing. There's a tough balance of 'you're family and I love you as a person' and 'what do you mean you just put off paying your car tabs for so long you got 4 tickets and the car got impounded?' This girl is not broke, but she sure as shit has less money now. I am rustled that my family is not accepting that I can love someone and still call them a dumbshit for not paying an annual bill they can afford out of laziness.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, next pay day is this Saturday (but technically Monday, they give out checks Saturday night when people are leaving but dated for Monday) for my last check that I worked 7 out of my 10 shifts for. If he doesn't try to pull anything with this last check then i'm not going to do anything.

• 1Seriously?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Combo meals are a constant source of minor rustling for me. I just want water with lunch. Anytime I go somewhere that has a combo, I have to take the extra time to wait for them to ask if I want a combo and say no. They often interrupt my order to do it. I'm used to it, but sometimes, like today, the cashier wants to try to convince me. When they do, I usually let them run the numbers because every once in a while, it's a few pennies cheaper even if I don't want the drink. But today:

Cashier: You want to make that a combo?
Me: No I don't want a drink.
C: Are you sure? Your order is $x (I forgot the actual numbers). As a combo its $x + 50 cents. Only 50 cents more, plus you get a drink. Do you wanna do that?
Me: {stares at her} About to say something along the lines of "I'm aware of the general concept of a combo, sweetheart". But she catches on first.
C: OH, I guess if you don't want a drink that doesn't make sense. OK your total is $x-1.

I didn't even wanna ask how the fuck the total was a dollar less than what she originally told me. Did that mean the combo cost an extra $1.50? I choose to believe she gave me a special discount cause she wants to suck my dick.
My fast food jimmy rustles:

Would you like a straw? (after handing me a cup with a hole in the lid for a straw)

Why are you fucking asking me this? I am not gonna answer, I am gonna sit here til you figure it out. Did you ever ask that question and somebody said "Ya know what? I'm just gonna take off the lid and chug this Diet Coke like a frat boy on a dare. Keep your straw". Do I want a straw with that. Fuck environmentalist idiots and fuck corporations that cater to them.

The other one is:
Why do I have to ask for ketchup with my fries? Every normal American who buys french fries is gonna want some ketchup with them. Did you ask if I want ice in my drink? Did you ask if I want sesame seeds on my hamburger bun? Did you ask if I wanted my change back when I paid you? Dont be an idiot and put the ketchup in the bag with the fries.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I hate ketchup, so fuck you for that one. I don't want that nasty fucking packet that snot nosed dick scratchers have been handling for months touching my food.

The straw thing .... I guess that's in a drive through because inside you get your own straws and lids. That's probably because you live in a commie state. People in flyover country just put the straws in the bag without asking.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate having fence neighbors and wish I lived on an acreage. Like I could afford that.

Out of curiosity, have you actually looked? Around here, acreage tends to be less expensive than cookie cutter houses. Unless by acreage you mean 40+. I live on 7.5 acres in an old neighborhood with a voluntary HOA and my house cost less than my mom's .25 acre in a development with a strong HOA.

Granted, I want more acreage because I can still SEE the fucking neighbors. But we rarely talk.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I hate ketchup, so fuck you for that one. I don't want that nasty fucking packet that snot nosed dick scratchers have been handling for months touching my food.

The straw thing .... I guess that's in a drive through because inside you get your own straws and lids. That's probably because you live in a commie state. People in flyover country just put the straws in the bag without asking.
Lol, wait til you see how I apply that ketchup while driving!

/immune system

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Lol, wait til you see how I apply that ketchup while driving!

/immune system

Do you really like the taste of ketchup, or do you like the taste of fast food worker dick cheese? How would you know the difference?