Whats rustling your jimmies?

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
My grocery store getting rid of plastic bags rustles my Jimmies. Now I'll have to buy bags to dispose of litter in, and buy more reusable carry bags when I forget them, resulting in far more environmental impact than the plastic ones ever did

So true-- those reusable plastic bags get really gross really fast. Fabric ones get even grosses and are not washer friendly. More waste. More cost.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So true-- those reusable plastic bags get really gross really fast. Fabric ones get even grosses and are not washer friendly. More waste. More cost.

I have 15 reusable bags piled up from over the years. The loose statistics I've seen are that they would have to be used 150-1000 times each to make up for the manufacturing environmental impact compared to plastic bags which I always reuse at least once, which doubles that.

It is likely that Canada will ban them along with most single use plastics countrywide within 5 years

The whole fucking thing is lunacy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking backwards hagglers man.

Listed my old tv on offerup for $300. I specificy the model # so the guy can look up all the information possible on it. After an hour the guy says he will buy it comes over and starts asking me questions very easily answered if he had looked at the model number like year, is it a smart tv etc. basic dumb shit. I even sent him a link to the Amazon product page. Anyways he starts making a big deal about it being a 2015, saying he wasnt wanting to buy something so old. At this point I wanted to say "listen here fuck face I told you what the model number was so you should have known what year it was prior to coming here."

Because it was a 2015 the dude didnt want to pay $300, said he'd give me $215 or at least I think as his English was pretty bad(almost certainly an illegal, dude also had a gf/wife with him who also spoke just as bad English but they had a wonderful anchor baby in their truck). We go back and forth for the next 10 minutes and I eventually sell it to $270. Magically he had enough money to pay $270 even though he offered far lower than that.

I just dont comprehend why so many people on these second hand places are dumbasses. Two months ago I sold a matching washer and dryer set in good condition for $150. 3 days after selling it the lady that bought it from me left a angry, threatening voicemail because she said I ripped her off. A few hours after that voicemail she calls me again to apologize for leaving the voicemail because the washer and dryer in fact do work its just she had set them up incorrectly.
The loose statistics I've seen are that they would have to be used 150-1000 times each to make up for the manufacturing environmental impact compared to plastic bags which I always reuse at least once, which doubles that.
The majority of plastic grocery bags I take home end up being reused as a trashbag.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Buying purpose-made plastic bags like small glad bags to throw my litter out in means I'll be buying a product that has around 10 times the environmental impact as the bags I was using, but were banned to save the environment.

The grocery store is putting in paper bags as a "in case you forgot your reusuable" option, which means cutting down trees for this shit.

It's no longer possible for me to take environmental alarmists serious in any fashion.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, i use the plastic grocery bags as garbage bags too, they arent much use for anything else. So now they want you to buy plastic garbage bags to throw them away and those bags are thick and durable, probably take much longer to degrade. Help me greta, why am i wasting more plastic in order to save the planet?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
people who write

s-l300.jpg

instead of

s-l300 copy.jpg

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Buying purpose-made plastic bags like small glad bags to throw my litter out in means I'll be buying a product that has around 10 times the environmental impact as the bags I was using, but were banned to save the environment.

The grocery store is putting in paper bags as a "in case you forgot your reusuable" option, which means cutting down trees for this shit.

It's no longer possible for me to take environmental alarmists serious in any fashion.

The store I go to has 0.1$ bags that aren't worth squat, and .40$ ones that are good enough for many uses.

Ended up throwing at least 30 of the more expensive ones away a few weeks ago, I'm not dragging bags along so I just end up buying new ones each time.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

Listed my old tv on offerup for $300. I specificy the model # so the guy can look up all the information possible on it. After an hour the guy says he will buy it comes over and starts asking me questions very easily answered if he had looked at the model number like year, is it a smart tv etc. basic dumb shit. I even sent him a link to the Amazon product page. Anyways he starts making a big deal about it being a 2015, saying he wasnt wanting to buy something so old. At this point I wanted to say "listen here fuck face I told you what the model number was so you should have known what year it was prior to coming here."

Because it was a 2015 the dude didnt want to pay $300, said he'd give me $215 or at least I think as his English was pretty bad(almost certainly an illegal, dude also had a gf/wife with him who also spoke just as bad English but they had a wonderful anchor baby in their truck). We go back and forth for the next 10 minutes and I eventually sell it to $270. Magically he had enough money to pay $270 even though he offered far lower than that.

I just dont comprehend why so many people on these second hand places are dumbasses. Two months ago I sold a matching washer and dryer set in good condition for $150. 3 days after selling it the lady that bought it from me left a angry, threatening voicemail because she said I ripped her off. A few hours after that voicemail she calls me again to apologize for leaving the voicemail because the washer and dryer in fact do work its just she had set them up incorrectly.

The majority of plastic grocery bags I take home end up being reused as a trashbag.
Fuck that. We agree on a price online and someone wants to dicker you down after you agree the meet? Get the fuck off my lawn.

I was selling an old bike frame for way cheaper than it was worth (because I was moving and just needed it gone) and after agreeing on 200 this scruffy hipster dipshit shows up and says that he thought about it and thought 75 would be more in line with what it’s worth (it’s a 600 dollar frame).

Just told him to get the fuck out and shut the door as he was trying to renegotiate.

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Hagglers period. The price was listed. Is this a goddam third world country? Are we squatting in the dirt arguing with natives over the price of bush meat? No? Then fucking pay the listed price and shut up.

A lot of the things that enrage me, I look at my reaction and go "that was maybe a little bit of an overreaction. Might want to tone it down".

But hagglers and line jumpers... I never feel that way about my rage at these subhuman fucks. I think "man, good job not cutting that dudes throat then and there. A+ on the self restraint."

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm

Unless it was some fancy 4K tv, that TV was realistically was worth less than $150. Watching the TV deals this weekend and through last holiday season. You’d find your typical 1080P tv brand new for less than $250. And beginning 4K tv’s start at $200. It rustles my jimmies that you attempted to scam someone and then came here to complain. Faggot.

• 1Smuggly

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just as I finally get a solid credit card and start swapping over to never using my debit card again it got compromised and some basic ass bitch went on a nice $600 shopping spree at Ugg, Saks 5th and whatever the mother fuck BooHoo is. Never had a compromised card before, so hopefully I'm not turbo fucked. I practically never use this card physically, but did use it at the Walmart last week; wonder if it got skimmed there or some shit.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just as I finally get a solid credit card and start swapping over to never using my debit card again it got compromised and some basic ass bitch went on a nice $600 shopping spree at Ugg, Saks 5th and whatever the mother fuck BooHoo is. Never had a compromised card before, so hopefully I'm not turbo fucked. I practically never use this card physically, but did use it at the Walmart last week; wonder if it got skimmed there or some shit.

It did. Happened to me years ago when I was on the road for work and Walmart was the only option. Chat with the bank on the phone and they'll put your money back in your account and close the card. Then they'll send you a new one.

I'll have a credit card get tagged for fraud twice a year usually (again, due to travel) and they credit the account and get me a new card the next business day. Nothing for you to sweat.

• 3Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My wording was a bit confusing; it was my debit card that got hosed, not the new CC. Always heard it was more of a pain to dispute debit charges. Got the card deactivated and bank already contacted me (I have a small local FCU) to get me a new card. Apparently it hit a fraud alert, but there’s literally one person there on the weekend looking through them and they hadn’t got to mine yet. Sounds like it should all be good, though. Contacted all the merchants to see if those can get cancelled before they process and if not can dispute with the bank once they post. At this point just want to make sure the cunt doesn’t get her new clothes.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
My wording was a bit confusing; it was my debit card that got hosed, not the new CC. Always heard it was more of a pain to dispute debit charges. Got the card deactivated and bank already contacted me (I have a small local FCU) to get me a new card. Apparently it hit a fraud alert, but there’s literally one person there on the weekend looking through them and they hadn’t got to mine yet. Sounds like it should all be good, though. Contacted all the merchants to see if those can get cancelled before they process and if not can dispute with the bank once they post. At this point just want to make sure the cunt doesn’t get her new clothes.

It's a lot better than it was a decade ago. I'll get pinged with a fraud alert occassionally if i make a large purchase. Because I generally do not. I had to call the bank once and tell them that I actually did spend that money.

Wasn't even rustled.

Debit is more of a pain in the ass than credit. But my bank at least treats them about the same. EVen if legally the protections apply only to credit, they'll treat a debit as if it were a credit.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wording was a bit confusing; it was my debit card that got hosed, not the new CC. Always heard it was more of a pain to dispute debit charges.

It's not really more of a pain, but it's more of a risk for you. They should put the money (or some portion of it) back in your account while they investigate. If they decide it was really you and you just regretted the purchases, then you're fucked because they take the money back right away. If a CC company does that, they add it to your bill. So you always have the option of telling them to go fuck themselves. It's only a pain in the ass if you don't catch it until a check bounces or some shit like that.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My grocery store getting rid of plastic bags rustles my Jimmies. Now I'll have to buy bags to dispose of litter in, and buy more reusable carry bags when I forget them, resulting in far more environmental impact than the plastic ones ever did

Ya they started doing that here too. They apparently still have the choice to use plastic if they want (at least for now) but there are a lot of faggoty 'omg plastic is evil' in the surrounding areas so they don't. The paper bags they have are decent at least and the handles hold up but every time I hear someone bitch about plastic bags I have to restrain myself from punching them in the face.

My old boss used to applaud that shit all the time and say 'they're everywhere, ruining nature! the woods near our house is just full of plastic bags and other trash, it's ugly!' as if plastic bags are the reason people litter and it will all end if they just stop existing.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In fairness to the anti plastic bag people, they are very light and blow away easily. I sure as hell aint gunna chase a plastic bag around. Unlike heavier pieces of litter, plastic bags don't have the decency to get covered up by grass eventually.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I shot a squirrel with my 22 from my back door of my rental. When I went to pick up the body, I noticed that there is just trash like all over the property out in the woods. I'll have to clean it up, cut back a lot of the undergrowth too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In fairness to the anti plastic bag people, they are very light and blow away easily. I sure as hell aint gunna chase a plastic bag around. Unlike heavier pieces of litter, plastic bags don't have the decency to get covered up by grass eventually.
Well also if your paper bag flies away, few weeks later it's half decomposed by the rain and stuff. That's really the point, if garbage people litter, it's not too much of a problem if it's paper bags cause it'll just go away on its own anyway, but plastic bags, not so much.

They have paper bags where I buy my groceries now too and honestly these fuckers are really tough, it's not the old flimsy shit that'd break open 1/4 of the time, so I kinda don't care. They're basically just as good as the plastic bags I used before, they just don't fold as well so they take more room in the trash but that doesn't really matter.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I shot a squirrel with my 22 from my back door of my rental. When I went to pick up the body, I noticed that there is just trash like all over the property out in the woods. I'll have to clean it up, cut back a lot of the undergrowth too.

Not a single person I know has littered when I have been present in like 3 decades.

And yet there is fucking garbage EVERYWHERE.

Who is doing it all? Is it just leakage and blow off from cans and trucks or are people still that retarded?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users