Whats rustling your jimmies?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People who buy scratch offs at gas stations. What should be a 12 second transaction turns into 3 to 5 fucking minutes. Shit pisses me off. I wish I could just scan whatever on my phone and just walk out the door. Why does some heroin addict who hasn't bathed in several weeks have to touch his grubby fingers on my bag of chips?
Dude those and people buying rarely bought cigarettes. No no no the ones to the left.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Dude those and people buying rarely bought cigarettes. No no no the ones to the left.

I worked at CTs version of 7-11 (Xtra Mart) as a teen. Good god the smokers and scratch ticketers alike were awful. ILL TAKE A SOFT PACK OF MARLBORO MENTHOL LIGHT 100s , WAIT YOU ONLY HAVE THE HARD BOX? *looks at the cigarette wall for 2 more minutes while the line forms.

Also my pothead managers were supposed to train me for 2 weeks. I got 2 days, then they abandoned me during the busiest weekend of the year. Picture running the whole store and all gas pumps solo during an annual county fair where people come from 3 states over. Lines for gas were 8+ deep while they all went to the fair all weekend. This was like 2 decades ago though :p

• 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I worked at CTs version of 7-11 (Xtra Mart) as a teen. Good god the smokers and scratch ticketers alike were awful. ILL TAKE A SOFT PACK OF MARLBORO MENTHOL LIGHT 100s , WAIT YOU ONLY HAVE THE HARD BOX? *looks at the cigarette wall for 2 more minutes while the line forms.

Also my pothead managers were supposed to train me for 2 weeks. I got 2 days, then they abandoned me during the busiest weekend of the year. Picture running the whole store and all gas pumps solo during an annual county fair where people come from 3 states over. Lines for gas were 8+ deep while they all went to the fair all weekend. This was like 2 decades ago though :p
Durham Fair?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
ILL TAKE A SOFT PACK OF MARLBORO MENTHOL LIGHT 100s , WAIT YOU ONLY HAVE THE HARD BOX?

Would a smoker please inform me of the difference between soft and hard boxes, for what I assume are the same cigarette

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
You can't re-use the soft boxes for meth and joints and crack pipes and razors and cash and condoms...

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Would a smoker please inform me of the difference between soft and hard boxes, for what I assume are the same cigarette
Soft fits better in a pocket I guess? Not too sure, haven't smoked in year and we didn't really have soft packs here much, mostly just hardpacks unless you bought the illegal imported stuff or smaller brands. Hardpacks were nice anyway cause you could tear the box off to make filters for joints anyway and that was the biggest reason I bought cigarettes back then.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
My teenage job experience at a Loaf 'n Jug told me that hard packs were for womens purses/cars, soft packs were for men to fit in their non wallet back pocket. I don't think I ever saw a man buy hard packs, nor women buy soft.

Also yes, fuck the person who wants a weird offbrand pack. I wound up getting a 4 foot rod and just handed it to them and say point it out, if its not a camels/reds pack I'm not committing its location to memory.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When I smoked Marlboro lights I got soft packs only when they didn't have the hard packs. They fit in a t-shirt pocket. Hard boxes can wear holes in your shirt at the corners. I keep mine in my pocket, and a hard box prevents my smokes from getting smashed.

Also, if you don't have a back-up brand/type as a smoker, something must really be wrong with you. Camel Crush Silvers. No silvers? Regulars are fine.

Smoking also rustles my jimmies. I fucking hate it. But I love drinking and smoking just kinna goes with it.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do not understand Amazon shipping at all. You get a blurb about the beer virus impacting shipping and they'd focus on vital goods first, makes sense but how the hell is this determined.

Ordered a desk lamp, phone charger (years old, getting iffy), cat litter & some snaps that hold fitted sheets to the bed mattress. Lamp arrives in 1 day, cat litter is 2 weeks out, phone charger is by may 10th & bed clips are a little over a week.

Feels like a roulette wheel of shipping here.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I do not understand Amazon shipping at all. You get a blurb about the beer virus impacting shipping and they'd focus on vital goods first, makes sense but how the hell is this determined.

Ordered a desk lamp, phone charger (years old, getting iffy), cat litter & some snaps that hold fitted sheets to the bed mattress. Lamp arrives in 1 day, cat litter is 2 weeks out, phone charger is by may 10th & bed clips are a little over a week.

Feels like a roulette wheel of shipping here.
I ordered some cases for my S20 and one said it would be here next Tuesday, the other by May 10th or something. They all arrived on the same day last Thursday. ¯\_()_/¯

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Partners didn't want to get on the risk for an oil & gas client so I just lost a $755,000 case. It makes sense and I agree with them, but the fucking timing of it sucks and it would have been fine if not for Covid. Maybe in 6 or 12 months.

Self rustle: I bitch about work but there are over 20 million people who have lost their jobs and many times more who are struggling. We all need a bit of perspective and much more humility.

• 3Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Turns out to be Pneumonia in my left lung right near my heart. Extensive questioning but they decided not to give me a C19 test. I have to self isolate in my house from my own family for the next 10 days though.

• 4Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Turns out to be Pneumonia in my left lung right near my heart. Extensive questioning but they decided not to give me a C19 test. I have to self isolate in my house from my own family for the next 10 days though.

How the fuck are they not testing you but expect you to quarantine? Epic rustling of the jimmies.

• 3Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
The ER docs didn't say I had to. I was thinking it might be a good idea and the Dr. we have staying upstairs (donated our airbnb space to a doctor) confirmed that we should act as if I have it.
I agree that if all I'd said was all of the story then that'd be ridiculous but there was and is a bit more data I left out. Sucks.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The ER docs didn't say I had to. I was thinking it might be a good idea and the Dr. we have staying upstairs (donated our airbnb space to a doctor) confirmed that we should act as if I have it.
I agree that if all I'd said was all of the story then that'd be ridiculous but there was and is a bit more data I left out. Sucks.

What you describe is not typical of COVID-- it's a patchy, multi-lobar pneumonia with a "ground glass" appearance. Still, testing in the ER is not so simple-- the tests often don't come back for days and follow-up can be problematic. But getting tested outside the ER should be easy-- get it. CVS is doing a lot of testing and some of their facilities have a rapid test that even the hospitals don't have. There are also drive-through options.

However-- the best thing for you to get would be a cheap pulse-oximeter. A decent enough one costs between $10 and $20. A marker for your disease getting severe would be an oxygen saturation less than 94%. Problem is, of course, there is no good therapy for COVID. Lying prone or on your side (recruiting the posterior parts of your lungs) and receiving oxygen are the only non-invasive treatments.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Never smoked but I worked in a C-store for a while and I asked that question of the one dude who insisted on marlboro red soft pack when 90% of the smokers at the store insisted on marlboro reds hard pack.

He said the cigs in the hard boxes were smaller in diameter. As a sophisticated cigar smoker, that means it has a different draw. But I wasn't a cigar smoker back then and I can't remember if he said it tasted different or he objected to the lower amount of drugs. Though, if that was his complaint, why smoke king sized when the 120s were the same price?

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 264148

View attachment 264149
View attachment 264150
View attachment 264151

Dummies that don't understand their own protest... Was flat Earth not dumb enough for them?
Give me liberty or give me Covid 19?!?!
How about "Give me Liberty AND give me COVID 19" ?
Ass-holes...

I'll take how to spot a bernie bro counter protester for $500 alex.

Particularly the top one. If the guy believed kung flu was a lie, he wouldn't have a mask on. The second pic is a verified bernie bro counter protester. The third one should be obvious even to the oblivious. Admittedly, I'm not sure about the last 2. They could be legitimately expressing their opinions.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
September 2019 I was laid off from my job.
November 2019 I was rehired and relocated to Atlanta.
March 2020 I was relocated to Savannah, to what was supposed to be a more stable market.
April 2020, furloughed due to COVID.

• 3Rustled

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Head of our business unit is throwing us under the bus. Our teams created all the content/learning modules that we sell however the sales/marketing team has been shitting the bed for a couple years now. Generally they don’t know what the fuck they’re trying to sell and these fuckers are just letting people sit on content from fucking 2017 that we technically don’t support anymore but we gotta renew that contract so we eat a shitton of my goddamn time troubleshooting old shit that’s breaking. Now, partially due to the ‘rona and partially due to other bullshit, the entire content team was gutted to 7 people including myself. So we now have just our director, 5 sub-team leads and myself on deployment. Due to the cuts we were told simply to maintain and not make any new shit.

So of course we’re getting bitched at now for not making new shit and they now want vids with animation and translations and voice overs and well-timed SRTs and shit in days and for little to no money. Before this our director was asking daily to the BU leads asking what we should be doing and where we could help and he was getting the silent treatment from them. Yesterday gets into the leadership meeting with a spreadsheet showing who we had left, what we all do, and what we’re currently working on and maintaining and he got his ass blasted five ways from Sunday because per the spreadsheet, each of us was only doing one person’s worth of work per week instead of three peoples’ worth of work (despite them giving us nothing to do but maintain). Rest of the meeting was them demanding shit fast and cheap after telling us not to make shit anymore so we’re literally now going the route of copy pasting fucking google translate for our translations and just letting god sort it out on SRTs and going ham with stock still imagery for videos now because we can no longer purchase anything quality.

I fully expect them to throw a shitfit when we deliver this garbage to them, despite this being exactly what they’re asking for. And all of the shit will continue to land on our heads despite marketing being a fucking cluster fuck that couldn’t convince people to buy toilet paper right now which is the whole reason our BU was having trouble well before the ‘rona. Oh and we also all got our jobs not-so-casually threatened by the BU head in the middle of all this as well because we weren’t being “team players.”

At least I still have a paycheck for now, though. Am rustled that I was supposed to get my CoL adjustment in January but HR was backed up so it would be delayed but made retroactive when they got to it. Now I’m not getting it at all.

• 2Rustled

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the cigarettes are identical. soft packs go in old ladies cigarette purses like so:
1587633088195.png

Or for men they go in a shirt pocket if you do white collar work.

hardpacks go in your pants pocket. the only purpose of the box is to protect the cigarettes from being destroyed from working/walking/moving/sitting down/etc.

• 2Like