Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm laying here getting caught up on the backside thread. Pages behind. Every once in a while I think that girl must have a nasty booth cause I can smell it through the phone. Keeps happening over the pages. I don't see any shit on their fine asses, so I know it's just my mind showing its superiority as a worshipper of loki even though the rest of my body is a worshipper of ScarJo. I roll with it cause I never let it bother me when I'm with a girl IRL. Eventually I remember that I'm in a room with 3 other dudes and in the top bunk. That smell ain't a figment of my imagination. The dude below me is blowing ass and I just can't hear it over the snoring.

Fml

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My work position is cross sectional, so I have four female bosses and a male director.
The females all smile to each other's faces but not-so secretly hate each other.

One lady says post exactly what we give you, it's our job to proofread not yours (I'm a former newspaper editor mind you)
The other one wants everything to look pretty, even if the formatting wasn't in what was submitted to me.
Another one passive aggressively nitpicks everything wrong (which is fine if this was the proofreading process, but she does it in the most demeaning way possible as if I were the one making the mistakes and am an idiot for it)

The director has final say, but his official-yet off the record stance is: Save us all headache and do what the ladies say.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
#1 sounds like she runs a Cebu/Manilla outsourced business, you tell us you want x even if we notice something seems odd we give you x.
#2 sounds most reasonable, no one likes looking at any kind of data that makes your head hurt and eyes bleed.
#3 can choke on a sausage taco, those are the worst types of bosses.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I fucking hate youtube video tutorials for basic shit.

Post it in point form Mother Fucker.
I don't want to watch your 30 second intro, i don't care about your subscribers or shitty back up video or fast edits.

I need 45 seconds of info and fuck you for padding it into a 5-10 min video.

I want to read not watch.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I want to read not watch.

I fucking hate when I go in the ocean and get wet, stupid ocean water doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Try searching outside of YouTube maybe or don't click on video search results 🤷‍♂️

Sorry but this might be the dumbest complaint I have ever read.

Last edited:
  • 2Dislike
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reading it is perhaps a silly complaint, but I've noticed in recent years for gaming and real world stuff 2 mins of info buried in 15+ of video. Forums have been dying out so you often are stuck with YouTube and reddit a lot of the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I fucking hate when I go in the ocean and get wet, stupid ocean water doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

Try searching outside of YouTube maybe or don't click on video search results 🤷‍♂️

what a stupid analogy.
I am not trying to go in the ocean. I am trying to sit on the beach.

Regular google search’s flood bullshit videos
People are reducing non video content in favor of the potential “stardom.”

it’s getting worse.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
what a stupid analogy.
I am not trying to go in the ocean. I am trying to sit on the beach.

Regular google search’s flood bullshit videos
People are reducing non video content in favor of the potential “stardom.”

it’s getting worse.
You want to sit on the beach but you keep clicking/stepping on/in the water and getting wet and then wonder why/complain about it.

Analogy on point, try again.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
The problem is that a video needs to be over 10 minutes to be monetized, or something like that.

It's getting to the point where I can guess if there's extra padding (anything between 10-11 minutes) or if a content creator is a good guy and doesn't give a fuck (under 10 min).

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Homeschooling while working from home full time.

Work thinks you can function at full capacity with everyone at home. School thinks you're just sitting at home temporarily unemployed and can spend most of the day teaching a 7 year old. The end result is me jumping back and forth from my work to being a part time teacher, then working after hours to catch up on the job.

I know the teaching/remote school is okay for, what, maybe Grade 6 and up or something? Where kids have the capacity to sit on their own and actually pay attention and the odd one might even be a self starter?

But my kid is in Grade 2, and this remote schooling, as far as I can tell, is merely a justification for the Grade 2 teachers to keep their jobs. It is worthless, a huge waste of time, and my kid is super annoyed. I am lucky in that he is well advanced of the Grade (emotionally he is in the right place, educationally he could be in Grade 4 or better) because if my Grade 2 kid genuinely needed help in the current curriculum he wouldn't be getting it via remote schooling.

The School Board sent out a long sobby letter about having to lay off the janitors and other non-essential staff - at this point the Grade 3 and lower teachers should have gone temporarily as well.

Also, working from home sucks.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
goddamn facebook's new look for the website version, it's like they want me to only use it on mobile now

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

We do. People who used to write shit down now only do it on YouTube. I can't learn shit from listening, it's my worst learning path. Too bad it's not possible to do a video and have a transcript below it.

Related but different. I would be so fucked if I was in school because all of the e-learning shit I've seen has been like YouTube videos. I finished hs with over a 4 GPA and college with the top GPA in my field. But I would be failing if I was in school right now.

I was supposed to go to a training class for a software package I'm already familiar with. Because of Kung flu they changed it to online learning only. I can't even follow the introductory lessons which are saying shit I already know. As far as I can tell they just had an instructor record himself giving the lecture.

• 1Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
We do. People who used to write shit down now only do it on YouTube. I can't learn shit from listening, it's my worst learning path. Too bad it's not possible to do a video and have a transcript below it.

Related but different. I would be so fucked if I was in school because all of the e-learning shit I've seen has been like YouTube videos. I finished hs with over a 4 GPA and college with the top GPA in my field. But I would be failing if I was in school right now.

I was supposed to go to a training class for a software package I'm already familiar with. Because of Kung flu they changed it to online learning only. I can't even follow the introductory lessons which are saying shit I already know. As far as I can tell they just had an instructor record himself giving the lecture.

Most YouTube videos have computer generated captions you can turn on.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Video is inherently inferior, don't sell yourself short by talking about learning styles.

The increasing use of video instead of text is making the internet objectively worse. And the people who fixate on video lengths miss the point entirely. Text is just superior.

The worst is when it's software related. Mother fuckers think it's reasonable to show a text solution in a video format.

• 2Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Never stick your dick in crazy folks;

I mean, at that point the system failed (she even said 'if I can't have him noone can' in court), I would just straight up murder this person to protect my little lad. I mean I don't set myself up by having sex with crazy people, so there's that :p

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sitting there with headphones waiting for them to pair. Every microsecond spent compounds. Eventually rage quit and put on my other set of headphones.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone filming a TV show from their house.
Your not that important. Put on reruns of the golden girls instead or some shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pulled a muscle in my back cleaning my house yesterday. Dear god the pain is debilitating.

• 1Solidarity